PDA

View Full Version : Getting 1000 People To Play NBA Live 07

Software2
01-27-2007, 06:10 AM
This weekend people are going to attempt to get 1000 people to play NBA Live 07 to get the achievement. (250 people if everyone loads up 3 silver accounts too). If this works, it's probably going to be the only time ever that people get this achievement.

(Not to spam, but I'm trying to raise awareness via digg CLICK HERE (http://digg.com/gaming_news/1000_People_Will_Achieve_The_Impossible))

I'm curious if anything like this has ever been successfully done before. I've heard of times when people protested stuff in-game before where they got thousands of people, but this is just trying to get people to PLAY the game! I mean, I love achievements to an unhealthy degree (skipping work to get achievements in a game I hate... multiple times), but really, not everyone does.
Furthermore, are we treading on dangerous ground? I mean, if EA or other developers see that they're able to get tons of people to play their game months after it was released... would they try this horrible achievement again?