PDA

View Full Version : Face Off #16 - Semi Final - Master Chief vs Darth Vader

Psycho Chickan
08-23-2009, 10:34 PM
For information on the battle structure and results of other face offs visit
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150344 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150344)

http://www.haldane.id.au/Chickan/x360a/FaceOff/Round_16_Title.jpg

SEMI FINALS!!!

We've finally made the semi finals and this first round looks like it will spark a great deal of debate as both protagonists have a huge fan base and a variety of differing skills.

Winner decided after 1 weeks polling.

Click here for more information on the Master Chief (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Chief_(Halo))

Click here for more information on Darth Vader (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Vader)

For information on the battle structure and results of other face offs visit
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150344 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150344)

Yunder
08-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Darth Vader ftw. I'm glad I could bring out my inner Star Wars nerd. XD

cokix
08-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Vader!!!!!!!!!

Lefthanded
08-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Vader fo sho.

Coadster1
08-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Sorry Chief, but Vader has this one. Sure, Master Chief is a special elite spartan, but he's no match against the power of the Sith! Vader could just put him in a force choke hold and watch the great Master Chief suffer in agonizing pain. lol. :)

A ZombieTwinkie
08-23-2009, 11:04 PM
"Master Chief... I find your lack of faith, disturbing."

Gorilla Stomper
08-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Vader no contest, and thats not because i don't like halo, i'm thinking logically.

TheVoidRose
08-23-2009, 11:18 PM
As much as I love the Chief, in a one on one battle with vader he would stand no chance. At the end of the day, Cheif is only human. He does not have any super force powers or a lightsaber that can cut through all physical matter. Vader would rip the Cheif to pieces :(

Dz06lt
08-23-2009, 11:39 PM
If Vader can take and indestuctable Wolverine he would slaugher Master Chief, but i can honestly say im suprised by the results here

Alice in Wonderland
08-23-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm going with Vader, Plasma sword vs Lightsaber would be fun to watch but I think master chief would get killed easy with Vader's force and things :O

L Demonic I
08-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Darth vader would destroy em. How did master chief get to the semis lol?

Psycho Chickan
08-23-2009, 11:56 PM
"Master Chief... I find your lack of faith, disturbing."

LOL, nice.

Sizzlebuzz
08-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Master chief has a cooler suit without a phallis shaped helmet though, which is a pity. But he can take more bullets than Vader.

My votes for master chief. And yeah, I though MC lost the last one as well. By many at the time I voted.

I wonder if a light saber could block a spartan laser.

Xodiac8118
08-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Darth Vader hands down, two things, Force and Lightsaber. Despite the fact I like The Chief, he will die by the end of this.

Dz06lt
08-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Master chief has a cooler suit without a phallis shaped helmet though, which is a pity. But he can take more bullets than Vader.

My votes for master chief. And yeah, I though MC lost the last one as well. By many at the time I voted.

I wonder if a light saber could block a spartan laser.

you think bullets will reach vader before he force deflects

Daiphyer.
I was the first one to vote for chief :D YAY CHIEF! GO CHIEF !! lol xD

oRedBull
Darth Vader has Force Powers, but look at their track records. Darth Vader was Killed, by one DUDE. Master Chief survives a mass infection with the potential to kill all life, an apparantly unstoppable Covenant Army and stops the universes greatest WMD all in 3 consecutive games. When you look at it like that you know chief will find a way.

Sizzlebuzz
08-24-2009, 12:28 AM
you think bullets will reach vader before he force deflects

Don't know, don't really care though. That much I know for sure.

Peace out, have fun.

XXII Death IIXX
08-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Vader. MC stands no chance.

Psycho Chickan
08-24-2009, 12:52 AM

Nope. MC only just beat Marcus Fenix

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=147855

then proceeded to well and truly take Dante to brown town

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=164453

I don't think he's gonna win this one though. The force is not strong with Spartans :)

Hitchman
08-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Vader's force power's would turn Master Chief into a little b***h!!!!

Cacky
08-24-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm going to vote for Vader...after all, he has a cool mask. :p

Armoxial
08-24-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't think Master Chief stands much of a chance... I like him and all but Vader is just too much of a badass.

Sha
08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Vader died, Master Chief is still alive (if you play the game right anyway:P)... so MC gets my vote.

rabbitsandkings
08-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Vader, because he would hack away with his lightsaber and throw cheif off a cliff

Wii187
08-25-2009, 07:42 PM
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet

Vader FTW.

Porpoise King
08-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Darth Vader hands down, two things, Force and Lightsaber. Despite the fact I like The Chief, he will die by the end of this.

Chief has an energy sword

Jemocasa
08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
I have to go with Darth Vader.

Psycho Chickan
08-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Chief has an energy sword

... and a Cortana. He could send her into Vaders electrical bits and short circuit him :)

TheVoidRose
08-26-2009, 10:50 AM
... and a Cortana. He could send her into Vaders electrical bits and short circuit him :)

He wont be able to get Vaders electrical bits because he would have to get within kissing range to get them, and Vader could easily force rip chief apart from any distance. And Cortana can't do much of anything but yell at the Chief "This is a bad idea," and "Your gonna get us both killed!".

Face it, the power of the force triumphs over everything the Chief has. Vader can even make a "Force Field"(lol) around himself to prevent bullets should he let Chief the time to even pick his gun up to eye level.

Nozza XBA
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Vader!

Only beacuse he can use the force. Keep Master at a distance and pummel him!

Psycho Chickan
08-26-2009, 12:27 PM
He wont be able to get Vaders electrical bits because he would have to get within kissing range to get them, and Vader could easily force rip chief apart from any distance. And Cortana can't do much of anything but yell at the Chief "This is a bad idea," and "Your gonna get us both killed!".

Face it, the power of the force triumphs over everything the Chief has. Vader can even make a "Force Field"(lol) around himself to prevent bullets should he let Chief the time to even pick his gun up to eye level.

Can Vader's force prevent him getting an asthma attack at a vital point in time thus allowing the master chief thru his defences? Obviously this battle all hinges on Darth Vaders special Sith patented ventalin inhaler suit mask thing not malfunctioning. If that happens the master chief gets within hitting distance, gives him a quick kiss, tell's Cortana to shutup, shoots/slashes/short circuits Mr Vader and tea bags the force outta him! :). Then is back on reach in time for jam and scones...oh wait, maybe not reach..Aldaran then...shit maybe not their either...um, Earth?

“You can’t win, Darth. Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.”
http://lh3.ggpht.com/haymansbeard/RrFkGaI8arI/AAAAAAAAAI4/QdCbNRmw-ag/s512/Obi+Wan+Kenobi+01+Large.JPG

TheVoidRose
08-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Can Vader's force prevent him getting an asthma attack at a vital point in time thus allowing the master chief thru his defences? Obviously this battle all hinges on Darth Vaders special Sith patented ventalin inhaler suit mask thing not malfunctioning. If that happens the master chief gets within hitting distance, gives him a quick kiss, tell's Cortana to shutup, shoots/slashes/short circuits Mr Vader and tea bags the force outta him! :). Then is back on reach in time for jam and scones...oh wait, maybe not reach..Aldaran then...shit maybe not their either...um, Earth?

[Time to pretend to be a Star Wars geek]

Okay just to clear up some facts, Vader does not have Asthma. That "breath in and out" sound is not for his lungs its for the machinery in his body. The whole suit was made to keep his limbs functioning and protected from weather. The Hiss is a discharge of energy that was used to keep the limbs and joints stable and in working condition. If the power to his suit were cut off, so would his ability to move so well be. But even if he could not walk, he can still use the force. He was given the legs and arms/hands to make him feel as if he were still human. Without them he would not feel normal obviously, nor would his will to live carry on. So you see, Mr. Cheif is an awesome piece of work. But he will never compare to Vader, for the simple fact of "the force".

Yoda himself has stayed alive for over 900 years because of the force, he was able to substain life through the force. I am sure Vader being as powerful as he was, could even do the same.

Psycho Chickan
08-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Don't forget that Star Wars fans will spend so many paragraphs debating the power of the force that they'll forget to vote! :P

jk, peace :)

True I Skill
08-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Darth Vadar, Master cheif wont stand a chance, He can simply force grip him from a distance giving him no power at all then slice him in half.

Newbie2K8
08-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Darth Vader has Force Powers, but look at their track records. Darth Vader was Killed, by one DUDE. Master Chief survives a mass infection with the potential to kill all life, an apparantly unstoppable Covenant Army and stops the universes greatest WMD all in 3 consecutive games. When you look at it like that you know chief will find a way.

Actually i think youll find Vader sacrifices himself to save that one "Dude" (who is a Jedi and thats much more powerful than a dude in a suit with a gun) and is eventually killed by the Death Star exploding!

elephantd
08-28-2009, 03:51 AM
Darth Vader would win easily.

Thevoidrose; one thing i never got about Yoda was he would use his cane all the time, but once he got in a fight he was flying all over the place? Then after the battles he uses the cane. My friends and I debated why, i said it was Force adrenaline, but we never agreed on anything.lol

TheColdWolf
08-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Why can't you just have them both face off against Infoum's cole?

Psycho Chickan
08-28-2009, 11:37 AM
one thing i never got about Yoda was he would use his cane all the time, but once he got in a fight he was flying all over the place? Then after the battles he uses the cane. My friends and I debated why, i said it was Force adrenaline, but we never agreed on anything.lol

Red Bull mate ;)

I believe it's because a true jedi uses wits and tact to resolve situations and the force as a last resort. Yoda uses his stick to get around because he's 900 years old or so however, when the fightin' starts, he becomes one with the force and is able to perform amazing feats. In other words he only uses the force when it is necessary and not for menial things like walking around or impressing green chicks at parties.

That or, as some others have suggested, it's all a ruse to lull enemies into a false sense of security... or it's a fashion sense thing and he actually has a red dressing overcoat and fluffy pimp hat to go with it :)

"This week on Yoda's Pimp my ride, Solo's Millenium Falcon get's lowered, fitted with a kick ass hydraulic and sound system, tinted windows and a jacuzi...will Leia go for it? Find out after these ads!"

Why can't you just have them both face off against Infoum's cole?

Because a) he'd lose to either of them and b) he's already been eliminated by Mercer from Prototype

TheColdWolf
08-28-2009, 11:44 AM
See i didn't know you already did Cole:p

CunningFox
08-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Easily Darth Vader.:uzi:

Lemon Of Life
08-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Master Chief just needs to steal Vader's inhaler and then he's good.