PDA

View Full Version : Tiger '10 FAQ

litepink
08-24-2009, 03:46 AM
Tiger Woods PGA Tour ’10 FAQ

Compiling a list of frequently asked questions about the game and its achievements.

------------------------------------------------------

[Insert Generic Achievement] does not work, what am I doing wrong?

You possibly could have Mulligans ON, which pretty nullifies every achievement. Turn them OFF! Mulligans are for recreation, not (virtual) pro golf. Another good idea is to be using your created golfer. You can get many of the achievements with a pro or created golfer, but try your created golfer if all else fails.

Do I need to play 4 rounds, for every tournament, to get “Well Seasoned”?

Changing the number of rounds to 1 (or 2 or 3) will not affect the payout so assuming you win most tournaments you should get this. even Majors.

I earned $10 million for “Well Seasoned” and it hasn’t unlocked, now what?

Start a new season, and it should pop then. Otherwise, it may be glithced for you. Play another season and hope it works, and if at the end of the 2013 season it doesn’t unlock, you will have to make a new golfer and try again. Remember, you must get the $10 million in one season.

How on earth can you drive it 400+ yards?

If you are patient, you can hit 450, even 500 yard drives once you get your max stats suit and the right wind on the right hole. If you still have troubles, tune your club temporarily with a 2% sweetspot for maximum drive distance. Sure it will be hard to control but one lucky shot will get you 400+ yards. Another method is using Tiger Woods on Firestone Hole #9, with gale force winds behind you. Create a custom course with this hole as the first hole, and keep restarting until you have the wind directly behind you.

Is $5,000,000 in Live Tournament earnings feasible?

Although their are cheaters out there, earning 5 million can be done. Just play every tournament you are eligible for and if it looks like you are not going to be in the Top 350, then quit and start over if possible. Play-the-Pros is an excellent way to make money.

Another way of earning money is playing in the DLC tournaments. Only people who bought the particular DLC play in the tournament, but the purses are just as big.

What is Play-the-Pros?

You post your scores alongside that of REAL golfers, i.e. Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson. You do not have to worry about k2damoon, NY BLAKE 1, BRONCSTAD (and litepink ;)) or any other Live Tournament veterans. It is only YOU against PGA professionals and their scores.

How do you cheat? Who cheats?

There are modded controllers out there that allow for 122% drives and dead straight shots every time. If you want to become a dirty rotten cheat, than purchase one of these to gain an unfair advantage. There is no real way of proving who and who doesn’t cheat, but when we see some of these ridiculous scores one has to wonder...

How do I place in the Top 50 in a tournament?

You don’t need to finish in the Top 50 for the “Piece of Cake” achievement, just be in the Top 50 at one point in time. Either play early in the morning in a daily tournament or early in the week in a weekly tournament if your not that good. The Tiered tournaments have very few people so it should be easy there. Alternatively, Play-the-Pros tourneys count for this as well. This achievement IS a piece of cake.

How come “Big Tuna” isn’t working for me?

Simply tuning your clubs and playing 18 holes won’t unlock it. You must have your created golfer, since it is their clubs you are tuning, and you have to hit every GIR and FIR. Driving a par four in one counts for both, so St. Andrews #9 is a great place to do this. Create a custom course with just this hole.

I am trying to get “Aces High” on Gamernet but when I sink it i don’t get the achievement, why?

You must play a Single-Hole challenge, not a Freestyle challenge. Freestyle isn’t keeping track of your score; just distance, bounce zone, in the cup, etc.

------------------------------------------------------

litepink
08-24-2009, 03:47 AM
All I can think of for now. Hope this helps some people out. Post more questions if you have any, or if someone has any other common questions that should be added we can do that too.

--reserve--

BoneSix
08-24-2009, 06:50 AM
How about the question of having over 10 mil in winnings in multiple seasons for well seasoned? That one comes up quite a bit I've noticed.

litepink
08-24-2009, 07:22 AM
How about the question of having over 10 mil in winnings in multiple seasons for well seasoned? That one comes up quite a bit I've noticed.

can you do it in multiple seasons? meaning, can you earn 9 mill in one season and 2 in the next? thought it had to be $10 mill. in one calendar year. anyone with the definitive answer?

BoneSix
08-25-2009, 09:27 PM
From what I've read well seasoned has to be done in one season.

RLKDragon
08-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the info on Aces High. Once I get my game back, I'll get right on htat and finally get the blasted achievement.