PDA

View Full Version : Rent or Buy???

WeemanNewYork
08-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Since there is no DEMO so, I want to know is this game worth to buy or rent??

How is story and also multiplayer?? Given me your opinion

P1TTMAN
08-24-2009, 08:18 PM
The story and gameplay are pretty cool, so far (I haven't beaten it yet), and fairly easy: you shouldn't be breaking any controllers like Veteran on CoD. ;)

The multiplayer's pretty crappy though, but hopefully they'll fix it; enough people have bought the game that hopefully the studio will be forced to do something about it.

My opinion? I bought it, and I don't feel like I wasted my money... but then, I'm a lot freer with money than I should be. :p

Battle Monkey
08-24-2009, 08:30 PM
I just bought it today since the dudes at the store said it was good and so far the Campaign side is solid... Whats wrong with the multiplayer? I havn't done any yet want to go thru the story first...

defiance ohio
08-24-2009, 08:34 PM
rent.

the story and gameplay both are enjoyable and i had a lot of fun playing through the game (until it froze :mad:). like stated before, the game is pretty easy even on the hardest level (uber). i'm a big RTCW fan so i might be biased but i did have fun playing it.

as for the multiplayer, it's weak. it seems to just be slapped on the game for the sake of having an online option, it gets old real quick.

i rented it and had plenty of time to beat it and go back to get most of the collectibles but would have been much happier if it didn't friggin freeze, which seems to be a problem a lot of people are having later in the game.

KILLBOT
08-24-2009, 10:03 PM
I thought the single player was great, but like Defiance above and many others I`m experiencing the load freeze issuse which have rendered the game totally unplayable. This game is a definite rent.

The multiplayer is the standard drivvel that gets tacked onto to most shooters. Even if the multiplayer game was stable so that you could have a decent game without horrendous lag, it`s still extremely poor, but the sad thing is that there are so many people that lap this shit up we`ll never see the end of piss poor quality multiplayer modes.

I doffed my cap to 2K when Bioshock was released because they bucked the trend and produced a great single player excperience without feeling the need to tack on a substandard multiplayer game. However, Bioshock 2 has a multiplayer and people that have had hands on with it are already saying it`s shite. When will devs learn?

MTS badillin
08-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Rent it, the Campaign is pretty cool, the weapons feel kinda weak, but once you start upgrading them its really good.

id give it an 8/10 if only for the single player, havent played MP yet.

ThaFireman
08-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Rent to see if you like it. People hate the multiplayer, but I really love it.

Inked and Pierced
08-25-2009, 04:38 AM
ITS NOT PERFECT! But definately worth a rent. It took me exactly 6 hours and 23 minutes to beat the singleplayer.

The multiplayer is fun but gets old quick. There has been a problem in the first week with peoples stats getting wiped but hopefully that has been addressed. The singleplayer did freeze on me a couple of times.

SINGLEPLAYER = 7.5/10
MULTIPLAYER = 6/10

FOR A TOTAL OF = 7/10

GO FOR THE RENT!!!! :uzi::eek:

NEO CRIMS0N
08-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Its really not that bad, even though the whole killing Nazis thing is very played out, but in my personal opinion, its definately not worth shelling out $50. Either gamefly (best option) or rent it.