PDA

View Full Version : CoH: Gold Edition help

Jethrow
08-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Well i bought this Company of Heroes: Gold Edition, which has the original plus the Opposing Fronts expansion. I loved this game and lost the game somewhere so i bought this at a good price. Now i had this installed on my pc before with no problems but i've done alot of fixing to my pc and needed to reinstall it.

Now the case/box it comes in is english, but the manual is in french. Like i said before i had no problems the first time i installed, but now everything is in french. I went to the drive letter holding my disc and went to explore to look for maybe an english install, but couldn't find it. Just wondering if anyone ran into this problem and how to maybe correct it. Thanks anyone.

N-Forced
08-24-2009, 11:44 PM
I'd try uninstalling it and reinstalling it, you may have checked the french language option by mistake last time you installed it.

Jethrow
08-24-2009, 11:50 PM
no man i did just uninstall it and thought the same thing, but no, i just don't see anything to choose language. Even the disc is in english, i dont' get it. Once i install i can't even change it so, i also checked the disc explorer again and can't find anything to fix this, goddamned annoying. . . . like really.

Rolyatkcinmai
08-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Excellent games those are. Sorry I can't offer any help though.

Curious though.. What's the exact problem? Can you not get through the install because it's in French? Or are you worried the entire game will be in French? I'm sure there are plenty members here (including myself) who speak French if you just need help with a few things..

Daiphyer.
08-25-2009, 12:12 AM
So you mean the installer was in french right ?

Jethrow
08-25-2009, 12:15 AM
well i installed the game, and when i run it its in total french, im at the screen that you need to enter your username and password and its asking me to install the update. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall or find something about language, but no go. I'm soooo pissed right now, and i can't find anything on the net for this. Why the fuck sell a game with the casee in english and the game in french. FUCK!

Daiphyer.
08-25-2009, 12:19 AM
You know most games are Multi5. I've never seen a game which was only one language and that language wasn't english. (Well except the Japanese games) Did you try changing the language in the menu ?

turnaway
08-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Where did you get it from? Was it shipped?

Any info on the back cover?

Jethrow
08-25-2009, 12:28 AM
the case is english/french like most games here in canada.

The front of my manual is in english, but the entire contents inside are french, which i knew before but it didn't matter to me as i already know how to play the game.

The disc art is in english, but again, the contents are in french. I can't see anything about language at all.

Ive never had this problem on any pc game before, and normally the first screen that pops up during install is What language with a drop down menu. I don't get that this time though. I'm just making myself mad with this garbage. I'm not an expert at all this stuff, but i don't see anything in the explore disc screen. My wife is a french teacher and i had her looking through the manual and some of the screens and she doesn't see anything. sigh . . . . . .

ALSO: im installing one more time, and i notice now that during the progress of the install it tells you what its doing, everything ends with FRA, nothing says ENG, i just don't get it. This package only came with one disc and i know its worked before, i played many hours on it. And the license agreement that i had to accept to install was completely in english.