PDA

View Full Version : Networking and broadband speeds

LongJon
01-28-2007, 03:00 AM
Just a quick question thats been buggin me..

Does the fact that I have 2 laptops and 2 Xbox360's connected to one home network through a router affect how laggy it all can become?

The more I think about it and when I write it out the more I realise how stupid a question this is and that it more than likely does affect my connection speed,but still just wondering what you guys know on the subject as my brother and I are having real trouble being connected to Live at the same time for long periods of time and THAT is really buggin me

by the way im on a 2mb connection an dthe laptops are hardly ever connected to the net at the ame time as the Xbox's

Shaaady Souljah
01-28-2007, 03:11 AM
yeah. my roomate and i both had 360s and had a similar issue. he was using the wirless add-on and i was plugged in and we lagged baaad.

LongJon
01-28-2007, 03:22 AM
thats the exact setup we have,he uses the wireless adapter while I am hard wired to the router......and I get kicked the most(though he'd deny that if you asked him)

Shaaady Souljah
01-28-2007, 03:28 AM
thats the exact setup we have,he uses the wireless adapter while I am hard wired to the router......and I get kicked the most(though he'd deny that if you asked him)

funny you say that. i was always the one who lagged way more and get dropped more too, and i was plugged in. very interesting... and then he would finally lag and i hear "i always laaag!!!". ;)

coincidence? I dont know... dont think so.