PDA

View Full Version : fast take-off?

The Killer 47
01-28-2007, 04:29 AM
I've been trying to win the custom challenges for the last couple of days and am having some trouble. I've mostly played short distance time trials and have done ok enough to win one. My question: is there some kind of quick start off the starting line?

eXiled Killah
01-28-2007, 04:35 AM
None that I'm aware of, although that would have helped at times. My custom challenges seems to be glitched somehow. I've done exactly what Maka's guide said to do, and while I've received numerous TDU notifications that I won my challenge, but it still says that I have won 0 of 2 victories:mad: Very annoying as this is the only stopping me from acing this one.

Me55iah
01-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Easiest way for the acheivement I found is to create a challenge e and then make the entry fee so high that no-one will bother to try it...

If you're referring to instant challenges - go out in a quick car and challenge one of the crappy AI cars to a drag race that you pick the route of.

Something you might like to try is Tuning the Saleen S7 to level 3 and use manual - it goes like stink off the line in top gear, just select 6th at the start - only time you'll need to worry about changing gears is if you have to reverse after a crash.

Nice sig BTW exiled...

steviecrocker
01-28-2007, 04:44 PM
The last update has fixed that so I woulddn't bother with that. The only way is try your hardest, I've managed to win one so far, just try the challenges nearing the end of the time limit, you might get a bit of luck. If not, sadly you wont be getting the achievement.

The Killer 47
01-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the tip about using manual, I didn't think of that. That sucks that the win doesn't count if no one plays it. If someone tries my challenge and fails it, would that count as a victory for me?

eXiled Killah
01-28-2007, 11:26 PM
The last update has fixed that so I woulddn't bother with that. The only way is try your hardest, I've managed to win one so far, just try the challenges nearing the end of the time limit, you might get a bit of luck. If not, sadly you wont be getting the achievement.

Well that's just f-ing great!!!!!! I thought that I glitched it somehow. I even deleted my FINISHED save so that I could maybe start fresh uploads. Now, essentially, I'm being told that I have play the game again or at least get to a point in the game where I'll have money and top notch cars to then turn around and be able to try the challenges - great! Thanks!

@ The Killer 47: I'm at work right now, but if no one gives you a definite answer regarding your last question, maybe we can test it. You upload something and tell me what you named it, then I'll race it and intentionally lose. If no one else tries it, we can find out if the win counts. Note! I only have a 'B' class car right now:mad:

steviecrocker
01-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Wooh! Hey I'm just the messenger. Anyway I've thought up a plan that could work. Find someone on the forums and have them make a custom challenge where you pay a 1000 to enter but get nothing in return, then when that person creates a 24hr challenge, he/she sets a beatable time. Now the other person should find that race and beat it. Hopefully you will win and nobody else will take part meaning you get awarded the victory. Then return the favour. It might work, it might not, but it could be an easier way of getting the achievment.

Hopefully that makes sense, but let me know if it works.

eXiled Killah
01-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Wooh! Hey I'm just the messenger.

Lol! I'm just venting. Wasn't directed at you (unless you had a hand in designing that 'fix':p ). Thanks for the tip I'm actually working on that with someone now! Funny thing is you'd be surprised at how many people pay the $1000 for a $0 reward race. By the time the challenge is over, my friend makes anywhere from 15k to 45k:eek: depending on the day of the week.

steviecrocker
01-30-2007, 02:45 PM
You definatly need a bit of luck along the way. I also recommend that you restrict certain car classes, it seems to put people off, I always restricted it to the C class and nobody would ever attempt it. So if people keep trying your races even though they win F all, then give that a go.

Stovetop0
02-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Not necesarily a fast take off, but don't start the racein neutral start in one of the first few gears, figure out which works best with your cars, most higher grade cars you can start at like 2nd or 3rd gear and then you don't have to flip through your gears as much in the beginning of the race.

Cross Fire
02-23-2007, 11:04 PM
so you actualy have to challenge someones time inorder to get this achievement, you cant use maka's way, wow thats stupid :(