PDA

View Full Version : Game Demo: WET

Nightbeam
08-25-2009, 09:55 PM
At first sights when I actually heard about the game (btw no thing about wrong forum as I could literally not find a game forum for this ANYWHERE) I was just thinking it was another mediocre IP. However, this game really just blew my mind as I don't quite often go online and express my feelings through a forum.

It reminds me of Killer 7 to be honest, not in the gameplay way, its just good honest fun. It's like Wheelman but not terrible. Sure you can backflip/slide up stairs but when its this fun you can put aside little things like that.

Make sure you try it people, you won't be dissapointed.

Gorilla Stomper
08-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I could literally not find a game forum for this ANYWHERE

Funny, i found it in 10 seconds

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1343

[Waggly Bean]
08-25-2009, 10:03 PM
haha, I was about to post the link a minute ago, and then found out that the thread had already been moved! :D

Anyway, I've downloaded the demo already, but haven't got round to playing it yet. Probably try it tomorrow. ;)

Skillet
08-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Just for educational purposes...

When a game has yet to be released, it can almost always be found in the Upcoming Games section.

When viewing the mai forum list, scroll past the regular forums, past the retail forums, and even past the arcade and Japanese forums.

Under the Japanese forums, you'll find the Upcoming games section. The games are sorted into the four upcoming (or current) yearly quarters and games are placed into those quarters via their release date.

In this case, the Wet forum can be found in the Upcoming Games section under Quarter 3 (the current quarter) of 2009.

As for the demo, I have yet to download it. I saw some videos and the overal feel of the game didn't seem quality.

But it's a demo, so I'll snag it at some point and give it a try.

optics
08-26-2009, 12:25 AM
My thoughts on the demo: ..... .... .. ... ... ... ... .... That's about it.

Dz06lt
08-26-2009, 12:53 AM
no not really it was meh just meh, the graphics didnt seem all that good to me didnt like the freakout sequence gunplay was average

Fizzmatix
08-26-2009, 01:08 AM
I thought the demo was pretty good, it's nice to see people ragging on the graphics when it's made by a fairly independent company who probably don't have access to the highest quality engines to run their graphics.

I can't wait to see more from this in a few weeks.

xXI A ROD IXx
08-26-2009, 02:21 AM
When I first saw this game, I had a little dirty thoughts in me head. :rolleyes: Than when I heard that this game has a slo mo feature, I was sad cuz I cant really play games with that. But than when I gave the demo a try I found this game to be excellent! Graphics are great! Gameplay is simple and easy to get used to, and the slo mo doesnt hurt my head anymore. I found this game to be very amusing and fun. This so far is seeing as a must buy or rent for me. Just wondering now on if there will be any MP to make my final decision. Great game.

xXI A ROD IXx
08-26-2009, 02:23 AM
no not really it was meh just meh, the graphics didnt seem all that good to me didnt like the freakout sequence gunplay was average Its not all about the graphics, its about the gameplay that makes the game. ;]

Fizzmatix
08-26-2009, 02:23 AM
When I first saw this game, I had a little dirty thoughts in me head. :rolleyes: Than when I heard that this game has a slo mo feature, I was sad cuz I cant really play games with that. But than when I gave the demo a try I found this game to be excellent! Graphics are great! Gameplay is simple and easy to get used to, and the slo mo doesnt hurt my head anymore. I found this game to be very amusing and fun. This so far is seeing as a must buy or rent for me. Just wondering now on if there will be any MP to make my final decision. Great game.

There will be no multiplayer, i think that was announced a while ago but it's a single player only game.

Dz06lt
08-26-2009, 02:29 AM
Its not all about the graphics, its about the gameplay that makes the game. ;]

graphics help make a poor game better and you must have missed the part when i said the gunplay was average at best

FourChan
08-26-2009, 04:38 AM
I played through the demo and this game was awesome, I love it and can't wait to get it.

SetsunaFSeiei
08-26-2009, 04:39 AM
I simply loved the game , slow motion gun shooting whenever you glide jump or wall run, if you dont feel like shooting you have a Sword you can use. i cant wait to play this game when it comes out

Note: Hack and Slash Fan ... its better cause we have guns too :3

daninthemix
08-26-2009, 07:23 AM
I don't think it's a match for Stranglehold, which itself didn't exactly set the world on fire.

XxStuartxX 1990
08-26-2009, 09:56 AM
I think ill rent this game as it doesnt seem to have much depth i think a couple of days and bam it will be done

Jewls
08-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Another Tomb Raider.

Faithxchaos
08-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Another Tomb Raider.

Not sure i can quite agree with that as i HATE Tomb Raider but really loved this demo.

Thought the grindhouse graphics were awesome and the rage mode was fun, really looking forward to getting my grubby hands on the game in September!

Jamie2882
08-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Does this game remind anyone of the appropriately awesome Total Overdose (PS2/Xbox) ?
Love the demo by the way :)

Tokyo Lee
08-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Played The Demo i thought it Was Really Good,Slo mo shooting with Swords i thought it was HOT!!! lol ill pick this up

McKaystyles
08-26-2009, 09:05 PM
on a similar note, castle crashers is a very fun game.

Genesis x360a
08-26-2009, 09:10 PM
The Demo was awesome i cant wait to get the game :) Gonna be soooo goood.

L Demonic I
08-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I played the demo for a little and it didnt seem good. So i'm not buying or renting this game.

Teh BeZ
08-26-2009, 10:15 PM
this was hella bad ass , I shall be wasting my hard earned bucks on this :P

maruso
08-26-2009, 10:31 PM
The demo was badass. :woop:

Ill buy it definitely.

Vendetta
08-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Another Tomb Raider.

Yeah... sure... I guess???

The demo was badass. Makes me glad it is paid off in full. Can't wait to get this game. Hopefully I can finish it in a week since ODST drops the following week :D

Dz06lt
08-27-2009, 12:52 AM
this is nothing like tomb raider Laura Croft is ten times more awesome and hot than this rubi is, and the game playes nothing like it either

[Waggly Bean]
08-27-2009, 09:56 PM
I am actually shocked at how good this game was. It definitely doesn't feel as smooth as some of the big name games out there, but I really think this could be a diamond in the rough, as they say.

Really really enjoyed this demo! ;)

Nightfury82
08-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Short demo but I enjoyed it. Amazon has it for $50 right now...I may just bite on it.

MightyD88
08-28-2009, 04:08 AM
I don't think it's a match for Stranglehold, which itself didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Yup! This game looks pretty much like Stranglehold. I'm surprised nobody mention the wicked music though! I can't get that WILD WILD WEST song outa my head.

Oh and can we please stop with the graphics? I'm guessing if you grew up in the 8-bit era like myself, almost any game out there has good graphics and this game looks like it has UNIQUE graphics...it has cinematic feel to it and that red room scene was a good change-up, IMO.

With all that said, this is indeed a great rent, because once you beat it once...why go back? However, the short burst would be worth it.

Killbomb
08-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Fun demo but the only thing I am worried about is length. I have a feeling this will be 4 or 5 hours for one playthrough. I still might pick it up if I get bored between Ultimate Alliance 2 and all the October games.

Lizard_Hips
08-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Playing it at the moment - pretty good, although I keep pressing Stranglehold buttons. Was doing well up to the car chase bit where I keep getting shot. It says to mash 'X' after mashing 'A' after jumping off the lorry, but that doesn't seem to work for some reason and I end up with a nice bullet in the head.

xman25a
08-30-2009, 03:01 AM
I'm having the same problem with the X and A buttons at that point of the demo. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if there is something wrong with the demo.

xman25a

Fizzmatix
08-30-2009, 03:22 AM
You don't have to mash the buttons you just need to press and hold them for a second or so. If you keep pressing it you will fail and end up eating the freeway. I found this out fairly quickly after i noticed pressing the A button a few times and then changing over to X which had a red circle before i had even pressed it.

Defcizion
09-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Fun as hell, loved the music!

Aghwee
09-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Very 'meh' based on playing the demo. Definitely will not buy.

After playing the demo, I was left feeling the same way I felt about No More Heroes. Amazing concept, but lacking in too much for it to be fun, or have any replay value.

Complaints:

> the "swordplay" is poorly made, in that you do a basic sequence and most movement control.

>the gunfire aiming is sloppy, and from an FPS and 3rdPS fan, it's poorly made.

> You cannot switch between movement cleanly (example: jumping into a wallclimb)

> you cannot switch between attack-types cleanly (ex: gunfire, followed by a sword attack)

> you cannot go into first person to shoot (or even LOOK!)

> too much scripting with in-game environment (ok, so I have to do a sword sequence for every fucking door, but you know, can't blow the lock off of a metal gate's door to get through it 2> every time I want to kill a bunch of shit I have to slide, jump, or wall-run, which gets tedious.)

Hoborg
09-02-2009, 01:31 AM
I was actually surprised by the demo. It's worth a rental or a price drop. Either way, I got a 20 dollar gift card so WET at 40$ seems reasonable in anticipation of the better games this fall.

Dz06lt
09-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Very 'meh' based on playing the demo. Definitely will not buy.

After playing the demo, I was left feeling the same way I felt about No More Heroes. Amazing concept, but lacking in too much for it to be fun, or have any replay value.

Complaints:

> the "swordplay" is poorly made, in that you do a basic sequence and most movement control.

>the gunfire aiming is sloppy, and from an FPS and 3rdPS fan, it's poorly made.

> You cannot switch between movement cleanly (example: jumping into a wallclimb)

> you cannot switch between attack-types cleanly (ex: gunfire, followed by a sword attack)

> you cannot go into first person to shoot (or even LOOK!)

> too much scripting with in-game environment (ok, so I have to do a sword sequence for every fucking door, but you know, can't blow the lock off of a metal gate's door to get through it 2> every time I want to kill a bunch of shit I have to slide, jump, or wall-run, which gets tedious.)

this is exactly how i felt

Fizzmatix
09-02-2009, 01:40 AM
this is exactly how i felt

Something I have been wondering, if your so against this game why do you bother to hover around the forum for it. It doesn't seem like your interested in anything constructive or good about the game at all.

Dz06lt
09-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Something I have been wondering, if your so against this game why do you bother to hover around the forum for it. It doesn't seem like your interested in anything but constructive or good about the game at all.

I dont its called the new posts page

Aghwee
09-02-2009, 04:35 AM
Something I have been wondering, if your so against this game why do you bother to hover around the forum for it. It doesn't seem like your interested in anything constructive or good about the game at all.

I wasn't aware forums were made for the worship of a game.

Secondly, Dz was agreeing with me. Better than another long winded post about the complaints; a simple nod lets others know I'm not alone in my dislike

As I have previously stated, I was planning on a pre-order (luckily, the same day the demo came out). Hopefully this will push others to play the demo before possibly wasting their money.

@Dzo6lt -- amen.

Fizzmatix
09-02-2009, 04:22 PM
I wasn't aware forums were made for the worship of a game.

Secondly, Dz was agreeing with me. Better than another long winded post about the complaints; a simple nod lets others know I'm not alone in my dislike

As I have previously stated, I was planning on a pre-order (luckily, the same day the demo came out). Hopefully this will push others to play the demo before possibly wasting their money.

@Dzo6lt -- amen.

There is no need to be all defensive, i was just interested seeing as normally one post saying no i don't like this demo or game is enough, not a few over various posts.

I do find it interesting how people can be turned off of a game through a demo though. Same happened to me with Batman, i thought the demo was dreadful but I decided to give the game a try and it really isn't a bad game. Demos are a really poor way to judge a game sadly. Developers seem to put hardly any work into a demos these days so you get a really poor experience of a game.

All i was mainly wondering though, is there really any need to make several posts saying you really hate the game and people shouldn't buy it. Just looks like your trying to put people off a game.

As for my opinion on the demo, it wasn't amazing but i thought it was fun. I know the full game is going to have far more to offer.

Dz06lt
09-03-2009, 12:19 AM
I felt completely opposite with Batman i was on the fence played the demo and i was sold completley its outstanding and so was the demo

Swifty2400
09-03-2009, 06:07 PM
after playing this demo, I am really considering getting this game. It is really fun and i can play it the week leading up to Halo 3: ODST and replay the story every now and then like I do with Bioshock

Hoborg
09-03-2009, 10:29 PM
I think it's great that not everyone agrees because then I would kid myself that this game is better than it really is. It'sa mediocre game, made on a budget and it shows.

Does that stop me from personally enjoying it? No, do I feel a little bit guilty for liking game that shouldn't be good according to the world outside this tiny forum? Yes.

BrassBallz
09-09-2009, 05:37 PM
no not really it was meh just meh, the graphics didnt seem all that good to me didnt like the freakout sequence gunplay was average

Wow... I thought the Rage sequence was spectacular!

totalstranger
09-10-2009, 04:45 PM
thought the game was OK, found the shooting a bit 'off', its easier when you are doing a gimick then standard run and gunning.
overall a decent game

probably wait till the price drops before picking it up.

Barad
09-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Im so buying this game!!