PDA

View Full Version : Prequel Book

bobbowski
08-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Has anyone read the prequel book for this? Was thinking about getting it but was looking for some possible opinions before hand.

TwistedFate
08-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Can't really give an opinion yet, I just started reading it.

Pearson
09-01-2009, 06:57 PM
I haven't picked up any of the Mass Effect books either, is this and the ME books worth picking up as well as enjoyable to read?

Elite Assassin
09-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Haven't seen prequel book for this game. Where did you get it?

Devil Sora
09-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Ya geez tell me man XD I read the ME ones but I'd LOVE to read this one. Looks like I'm gonna have to do some digging lol

TwistedFate
09-02-2009, 01:49 AM
I looked for it at a couple of bookstores with no luck, I just downloaded the ebook from Barnes & Noble. About half way through now. It's pretty good so far. Better than most books based on a game.

bobbowski
09-02-2009, 01:39 PM
I know Amazon has this prequel book, search for Dragon Age.

As for the ME books, they are a solid read if you enjoyed the game. The first one is a prequel and the second is a sequel. You can pick them up at Amazon as well.

TwistedFate
09-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Just finished the book and wow it was a lot better than I expected it to be. It stands alone as a good book, not just a good game book. There was lot of emotional intensity and twists that you don't normally see in a tie-in product. It fills me with a lot more excitement for the game knowing the guy that wrote the book is the guy that wrote the game.

Pearson
09-04-2009, 02:55 PM
I know Amazon has this prequel book, search for Dragon Age.

As for the ME books, they are a solid read if you enjoyed the game. The first one is a prequel and the second is a sequel. You can pick them up at Amazon as well.
I think maybe I should pick-up this book along with the ME books. I read a lot of DragonLance books written by Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis and it seems that these books are enjoyable to read as well.

EDIT: I checked out Amazon.com and found that you can get Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne, Mass Effect: Ascension and Mass Effect: Revelation together for $26.15 USD.

ExtremeRugburn
09-04-2009, 04:28 PM
EDIT: I checked out Amazon.com and found that you can get Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne, Mass Effect: Ascension and Mass Effect: Revelation together for $26.15 USD.

Thats a good deal, too bad I already have both ME books, which in my opinion were good reads. I especially enjoyed Revelation as it set up events for ME2. If you liked the ME game, then you should get these books and odds are you will enjoy them.

Devil Sora
09-05-2009, 12:35 AM
I found the book on Amazon for cheap (Dragon Age). I plan to get it ASAP read it all of October and pump myself up for Nov lol thanks for the info on this.

Pearson
09-05-2009, 04:52 AM
I ordered all my books today and will have them in a few days. They'll keep me busy for awhile until Origins is released in November. I'm going to save ME: Revelations and read it just before ME2's release so that it sets up the game perfectly, like I will The Stolen Throne and Origins.

Chuppernicus
09-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Read both of the Mass Effect books as well as the Darth Bane books by the same author. I'll have to get the Dragon Age one as well. Sounds good.

Pearson
09-15-2009, 02:44 AM
I'm really liking the Dragon Age book, it's pretty good hard to put down sometimes.