PDA

View Full Version : Downtown - Radio Station

ChillcoRE
08-26-2009, 07:23 PM
I couldn't find any previous threads on this, so;

Does anybody have any tips for this side-mission? I've been trying for a while now, and although I found the rest of the game pretty easy, I just can't seem to complete this side-mission.

Nevander
08-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Well, obviously you must be on Uber, so just do as you would any other shooter. Take your time, use cover, use Veil powers, especially shield to clear out areas. Learn what the enemies do so you can defeat them easy. Example: Know they come out of those doors, kill them, turn around, turn on Mire, and take out the Super Soldier. For the part when you destroy the tower, destroy it, jump off and run into the building behind you, take out the jetpack guys from in here (I hate those jetpack fags xD). Then use Mire to run to the destroyed building, dodging mortars.

Hope this helps!

ChillcoRE
08-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Ah, sorry, should have been more clear. I'm (embarrassingly) stuck on the very first part, where you have to hold off the enemies while somebody else destroys the first station.

Track404
08-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Or simply ignore this mission and come back to it after you've completed the game. You don't need to complete this mission on Uber for the achievement.

Anywho, I found the MG guns quite helpful but you get battered by the flying rocket dudes. Best off using EMPOWER to take them out, then throwing grenades, using the MG's and popping into cover when you're injured.

ChillcoRE
08-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Or simply ignore this mission and come back to it after you've completed the game. You don't need to complete this mission on Uber for the achievement.

Anywho, I found the MG guns quite helpful but you get battered by the flying rocket dudes. Best off using EMPOWER to take them out, then throwing grenades, using the MG's and popping into cover when you're injured.
I've already completed the game, and now I'm coming back to it.

And thanks, I'll try that out. I hadn't noticed any of those jetpack guys when I was trying it, lol.

Sourman145
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
i didn't even use the mg, i found you get shot off too much. I just used my scoped mp43 and the kar98(empower to kill the jetpacks)

XxHektikxX
08-26-2009, 10:52 PM
one jetback guy comes from the right hand side where u can see the zep in the sky. after the first wave of enemys the next one appears to your high to the left, when the next wave comes out of the door. Also as others have said dont use the MG42 it leaves you too exposed. Though i would recommend using Mire instead of empower to kill the jetpack guys as they move quite fast, or just use mire and empower together. Also keep in mind there is a veil pool in an impact crater to ur left that has cover so u can fully recharge.