PDA

View Full Version : Epic Moments In Gaming

Matt Jo
08-26-2009, 08:45 PM
What are your most epic moments in gaming?
My question is inspired by this article
http://n4g.com/gaming/News-384276.aspx
It talks about 5 epic moments in gaming.

What would you say yours are? I think Mass Effect alone had like 10 epic moments but if you had to choose moments from different games what would you say? I'm interested to see what people think

McKaystyles
08-26-2009, 08:55 PM
so many, that when i see one, it is no longer epic. my most recent? eternal sonata actually, that game suprised me with its storyline, my g.f loves it.

Syzergy 17
08-26-2009, 09:18 PM
just because of the general feeling and the fact that it was my first time, Beating Halo 3 Legendary, just that last jump, I had my friend in gunner, we were both yelling warcries, and had our ipods blasting out of the xbox (we were at our own houses) it was pretty fucking awesome. Plus it was midnight and I was tired and I was way more happy:p But I agree on the masseffect note, at least 10

Wii187
08-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Bringing down a Star Destroyer bare handed.

Daiphyer.
08-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Doesn't this sound just like my thread ? "Your greatest not related to an achievement, achievement ?"

Soilydude
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Doesn't this sound just like my thread ? "Your greatest not related to an achievement, achievement ?"

That titles is kind of confusing and an achievement would be something you have done and are proud of, an epic moment can be anything from a cutscene to a boss fight.

hoddans
08-26-2009, 11:06 PM
My most epic moment in gaming was when I was 14 or 15 and found out that I was better than I thought. My dad and I used to play Action Quake 2 on a server that kept stats (I didn't know it did). When my dad was playing with the host, the host says that my dad was number two for the server rankings. I had him ask about my gamertag and the host said 'yeah, he is up there too.' When we went to the website, I was number one.

Damn, I miss that game. AQ2 had the best multiplayer ever.

zishan07
08-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Playing DMC for the first time. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time with its wall running antics had me acting like a kid who'd taken one too many fruit pastilles. The most epic moment in gaming, for me anyway, had to be playing Half Life: The Orange Box. From piling up cinder blocks on one side of a seesaw to portalling my way through the Aperture Science centre, I realised that gaming is still going forward. And I'm always up for going forward.

VladimirK
08-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Btw, there's a thread about this that isn't too old.

Destro
08-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Probably when i beated an S-RANK on Dead or Alive 4, being only a C-rank back then(Now a B+ but haven't played for a while) and i didn't just beat him, i destroyed him literally, my friend where going crazy and i couldn't believe it...

Also first time i took down Shredder in TMNT 1989 Arcade, all the friends where dead, i was alone vs him, and my friend where going crazy for me to beat him. This game was easy on solo(unlimited life) but was very hard to finish online in public

When i got my 10 000 Kills achievement on GOW1, all i didn't know was that i would continue and get 50 000 .... lol

My 5 Killing Streak in RSV2, in a no respawn team deathmatch. Fun fact is there is an achievement for that, and i never did that kind of game, but me and some friends where playing on a person we didn't known host, and for a weird reason he put that, its 5 vs 5 and i was never such a great player at this game, but i start by taking 2 down with a nade, then i kill one, get upstair kill another, but then i have to reload my big 100 bullets gun, wich take time, last enemy pop up, my friend start shooting toward him... I SO HOPE HE DOSEN'T KILL HIM, finish the reload and then i start spraying like a mad man, i get the kill, i litteraly jumped, cause that was probably the only game ever i did with these settings...and it gave this achievement...

But i think my most memorable moment in to come, its when i finally get that DAMN lev 100 achievement on GOW2, it make no sense how long it is...

Daiphyer.
08-27-2009, 01:03 PM
That titles is kind of confusing and an achievement would be something you have done and are proud of, an epic moment can be anything from a cutscene to a boss fight.

That was just my topic was about.
An epic moment that made you wish there was an achievement for it.

Chrono180
08-27-2009, 10:01 PM
The moment I saw this on youtube... Well, lets just say its a good thing I was sitting down.

YouTube - Rock Band 2 - Panic Attack - Full Band 100% (FBFC)

If you're talking about something I personally have done...I got nothing

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
When I beat all the chapters on insane in Unreal Tournament 3 all by myself. :) It was so tough especially having no "smart" teammates to back you up.

MC Kazoo
08-28-2009, 02:21 AM
I remember that fond time in my youth when I was playin that game with the plumber. I made it to the castle and beat that big dinosaur, and than the talkin mushroom was all like, "Sorry n00b but she's in another castle..." If WTF's where invented back then, I would have been like WTF?!

But seriously, mine would have to be the ending of an MGS. Everytime I felt this accomplishment, like, I dunno. And in MGS 3 at the end where "Snake" salutes Big Boss's grave, I teared up. Seriously.

Dz06lt
08-28-2009, 02:23 AM
Leaving the Valt for the first time in Fallout 3 man that was so epic

elephantd
08-28-2009, 03:37 AM
5 shots 5 kills 5 seconds in COD with a sniper rifle, i was proud because i'am not very good at the game.:)

I can't even name the all the epic moments I have had with my friends and gaming, I will name two most recent.(DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED BATMAN)

1. Using Explosive Gel and Falcon punching the Joker in the face.:)
2. Bottom of the ninth down 3 runs, 2 outs GRAND SLAM with Jay Bruce. Then achievement poped up as i was rounding the basement saying," thats all folks!" 50g for hitting a homrun in the ninth for the win.

KFZ Scrubs
08-29-2009, 02:27 AM
:)
YouTube - Through the Fire and Flames TTFAF FC 100% 987,786
Nuff said, one of the hardest songs on GH getting FC'd

KillTheft_Echo
08-29-2009, 03:15 AM
Bringing down a Star Destroyer bare handed.

That was Epic, i must say. UBER Epicness FTW. Or how about the Dead Space twist at the end. First time playing through that game, the last 2 chapters sent chills down my spine.

Sgt.Reaper
08-29-2009, 10:27 AM
I agree that was so epic, you walk out into the light to see a world that looks so grim...

Mass Effect had alot of epic moments, that I'll not list right now...

The first time I beat Raining Blood on Hard, yes I am not the best guitar hero player ever, so that was a feat for me.

Coo1D B1ooDeD
08-29-2009, 12:53 PM
in kotor 1 where you find out you're revan, that was truly epic.

Gorilla Stomper
08-29-2009, 12:59 PM
when you own people so good on a game, you kinda get a boner :woop:

Jimmy Hapa
08-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Inverted Castle in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. That is all.

Skillet
08-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Leaving the Imperial Sewers in Oblivion and getting the first taste of how truly massive the world really is.

Cacky
08-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Leaving the Imperial Sewers in Oblivion and getting the first taste of how truly massive the world really is.

I totally agree. As soon as look around, you think: "Wow, this is going to be amazing".

Agent Earl
08-29-2009, 04:42 PM
ending of halo 3 (especially on legendary) and COD4 the end when its all slow mo :uzi:

Venomized
08-29-2009, 09:45 PM
just because of the general feeling and the fact that it was my first time, Beating Halo 3 Legendary, just that last jump, I had my friend in gunner, we were both yelling warcries, and had our ipods blasting out of the xbox (we were at our own houses) it was pretty fucking awesome. Plus it was midnight and I was tired and I was way more happy:p But I agree on the masseffect note, at least 10

lol I remember when I was doing that with a friend. Unfortunately he jumped out while we were in mid air.

HellzDream
08-30-2009, 04:10 AM
In Oblivion when I was on the Golden Road I looked over the the horizion and there it was... Imperial City. The best gaming moment I can remember. Absolutely stunning.

Xylon Uxkid
08-30-2009, 04:32 AM

I was going to say that. Ill never forget that. To be on topic, I dont know if this is an Epic moment, but beating Bowser for first time in your life is cool, also completing the Pokedex, doing your first fatality and getting your first 1000/1000.