PDA

View Full Version : Region-free MW2?

Scanrog
08-27-2009, 01:59 PM
The only way I seem to be able to get myself a MW2: Prestige Edition is to buy one from the US, although, you probably guessed, I'm from the UK, As HMV has entirely sold out all copies, I was wondering if anyone had any idea about if the US one would work on my UK 360? It's probably a stupid question and 90% likely to be a no, but I'm still asking anyways, Thanks. :)
-Scanrog

!xobile
08-27-2009, 09:24 PM
ye i dont think it would be region free otherwise i woulda bought it off gamestop website myself since its cheaper aswell

McKaystyles
08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
whats the diff between a 360 in u.s. and one in the u.k?

!xobile
08-27-2009, 09:33 PM
we play on pal or somthing like that and you guys play on like ntnc or wotever

Scanrog
08-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah, NTSC I think it is, Achh, I'm so bummed >.> 'Cause IW Said that they're not making any more at all for UK. I can't believe I didn't get one earlier >.< Ahh well.

VladimirK
08-28-2009, 05:44 PM
MW2 Prestige Edition (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75518)

You can get an international pre order on it if you want.
They ship by UPS Express for $20 I think it was.

But the Import tax when it gets here will end up costing you about 50-60 when it gets here btw. (That's over and above the end price of the game).

Scanrog
08-28-2009, 11:55 PM
You mean that I can get a copy of Prestige edition from the U.S that'l lwork on my U.K Xbox? For about 60quid more? Also, did you realise your posts are at 911? O.o Thanks.
-Scanrog

VladimirK
08-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Haha yeah I noticed that.

And maybe you could.
It might be region free it might not.
All of the other IW CoD games are region free though according to Play Asia, so chances are this one will be too.

They base price of getting it would end up at about 105 so really only maybe 40 more.

But imo it would be best to just risk it and still get the Prestige Edition if you do really want it.
If it isn't region free then all you need to do is buy a regular edition over here and swap the discs about :)

xIIBuZZKiLLIIx
09-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Sorry dude, us Brits play PAL games, American games are NTSC.

You could always get the PAL Hardened edition and buy some night vision goggles somewhere on the internet. It probably would end up cheaper.

VladimirK
09-04-2009, 09:39 AM

You could always get the PAL Hardened edition and buy some night vision goggles somewhere on the internet. It probably would end up cheaper.

Ehh, sorry but didn't you read the thread before you posted?

Just go to Play Asia and you'll see that plenty of 360 games are region free even if they are branded on the case as NTSC or PAL.

Scanrog
09-04-2009, 05:42 PM
I came up with a plan, I'm gonna buy a Prestige Edition from the US, and buy a standard MW2 from the UK, then I'm gonna change the discs, and then sell the US MW2 to one of my overseas mates (Or just anywhere I can find)..

JASEL84
09-18-2009, 08:55 PM
I hope will be Region free coz i just ordered predtige from Canada:D

SpaceKreem
11-03-2009, 02:56 PM
I seem to be having the same problem.. But it's even more important since the COD games sold in the french part of Switzerland are completely dubbed in French :S
So my only solution to get my hands on the Prestige Edition is to buy one on Amazon.com... Any updates on the region-free thing?? I might end up buying the hardened edition from Amazon.co.uk.. but no NVG n no cool package !!!

Haydos10
11-03-2009, 10:14 PM
but the normal edition in the uk and buy the prestige from the us.. then just sell the us copy and u have ur uk game and prestige edition..
well nevermind just read the post were u sayd that... my bad

Elite Doc Magoo
11-03-2009, 10:20 PM
COD MW2 is REGION FREE - I can confirm this 100%

Spanish Assault
11-03-2009, 10:30 PM

Hey I played some COD 4 against you last night...you were kicking some but!

Spanish Assault
11-03-2009, 10:31 PM
I came up with a plan, I'm gonna buy a Prestige Edition from the US, and buy a standard MW2 from the UK, then I'm gonna change the discs, and then sell the US MW2 to one of my overseas mates (Or just anywhere I can find)..
Good idea!