PDA

View Full Version : Voice your opinion...

NeoChibi
08-27-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm getting really F***ing tired of people saying this game is going to get boring after the first 5 minutes of the game. I personally think this game looks really good I mean graphics aren't everything people!!!! what makes a truly great game is gameplay and story. I don't believe that Bethesda would have published this game if they thought it was going to be crap, I really believe in Bethesda I enjoyed both Oblivion and Fallout 3 I know that I can't compare an RPG to what WET is (a 3rd person shooter/ hack and slash). I personally love the film grain look, Quentin Tarantino feel, the duel wielding in this game looks and plays well(from the demo) I mean your right arm is auto locked to a enemy but you can switch the target with a flick of the right analog stick and the left arm is free roam which is nice you can move the reticle and aim at a totally different person. I like that there mixing alot of the Asia/ Hong Kong film styles. I think people need to get off there high horse sometimes and not judge a game solely on just graphics or pick on a game just because other games have done it before(Stranglehold, Max Payne, Dead to Rights, Prince of Persia, and Lara Croft). In conclusion I find the whole Grindhouse, film grain feel makes the game stand out on its own and not judging graphics alone I mean sure its a next-gen game but give it a rest.

SetsunaFSeiei
08-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm getting really F***ing tired of people saying this game is going to get boring after the first 5 minutes of the game. I personally think this game looks really good I mean graphics aren't everything people!!!! what makes a truly great game is gameplay and story. I don't believe that Bethesda would have published this game if they thought it was going to be crap, I really believe in Bethesda I enjoyed both Oblivion and Fallout 3 I know that I can't compare an RPG to what WET is (a 3rd person shooter/ hack and slash). I personally love the film grain look, Quentin Tarantino feel, the duel wielding in this game looks and plays well(from the demo) I mean your right arm is auto locked to a enemy but you can switch the target with a flick of the right analog stick and the left arm is free roam which is nice you can move the reticle and aim at a totally different person. I like that there mixing alot of the Asia/ Hong Kong film styles. I think people need to get off there high horse sometimes and not judge a game solely on just graphics or pick on a game just because other games have done it before(Stranglehold, Max Payne, Dead to Rights, Prince of Persia, and Lara Croft). In conclusion I find the whole Grindhouse, film grain feel makes the game stand out on its own and not judging graphics alone I mean sure its a next-gen game but give it a rest.

Well the people saying its going to suck are so absorbed playing Call of Duty 4 and World at War , which are the exact same damn things. A couple small things .... WOWWWWWW.

I for one have been looking forward to this game since last year as a said in another thread.

jayson583
08-27-2009, 05:19 PM
first of all theres a big diffeerence betwwen being published by bethesda and made by bethesda, damnation was published by codemasters but it sucked ass. on the other hand this game is fun

A Satyr
08-27-2009, 05:26 PM
I have some problems with this game but i still think it'll be a fun rental, for the storyline anyway...

xXcosmomaticXx
08-27-2009, 05:56 PM
im actually lookin forward to this game, it does look good

brayarg
08-27-2009, 06:33 PM
When news first broke about this, I was looking forward to it. Since playing the Demo its gone from a game with potential to a game im not to bothered about. I probably will still rent it at some point but its lost prority for me. There are far to many games coming out in the next 6 months, to get overly exsited about a "good" at best game.

To me the gameplay looks below the standards i was expecting from this. Thats not to say this is terrible. But with a line up of:
Ac 2, Batman, Dirt 2, Forza 3, left 4 dead 2, Splinter cell, Alan wake, Dead space 2, Mass effect 2, Fallout vegas, Cod mw 2, Operation flashpoint 2, Halo odst, Bioshock 2, Nfs shift, Split second... This game is hard to pick over them

Cacky
08-27-2009, 06:35 PM
I wasn't too keen on the demo. Not dreadful, but not amazing. Mediocore if you ask me.

Pheonix_Assassin
08-27-2009, 06:37 PM
My opinion on the demo is that its good but it just looks and plays like Assassins Creed and Wanted WOF just abit =/

It does not make me want to buy the Retail Game =/

Aghwee
09-01-2009, 04:24 PM
I was excited about this game, until I played the demo.

The controls, the world/movement/attack fluidity, and music was absolutely horrible.

The amount of scripted events, and the tedium of killing enemies (having to wall-run, jump, or slide to kill anything) instead of being able to run up and slash/shoot. Absurd.

Not being able to go into first person mode (even to look about) is something that hasn't been lacking in a 3rd person shooter since almost a decade ago.

I could go on, but would rather part with everything having to do with Wet so much so that I'm keeping this short.

supadryz
09-01-2009, 05:16 PM
I was looking forward to this game after watching all the trailers but I feared it was going to very average. I played the demo & it's really not that good. it's like playing Stranglehold but with a hot chick.

I can't see this getting reviews more than between 6's & 7's.

DerPoodle
09-06-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm glad some people can voice that they are a little disappointed! I dig the Grindhouse style as much as the next guy, but I'm tired of people coming up with excuses for why the mediocre graphics were intentional and crafted by a small development company. Wouldn't Bethesda lend a hand if their name is on it too? This genre deserves just as much attention to detail as any other and shouldn't be praised just because it is intentionally campy. I was really excited for this title, but the demo made me think twice. Can I get an amen?!?

KostinKid
09-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm glad some people can voice that they are a little disappointed! I dig the Grindhouse style as much as the next guy, but I'm tired of people coming up with excuses for why the mediocre graphics were intentional and crafted by a small development company. Wouldn't Bethesda lend a hand if their name is on it too? This genre deserves just as much attention to detail as any other and shouldn't be praised just because it is intentionally campy. I was really excited for this title, but the demo made me think twice. Can I get an amen?!?

amen.I was looking forward to this game like many people in till I played the demo.I know you can't really base an opinion off a demo but still it got boring fast and the graphics were poor(I know intentionally bad or whatever) but I'll probably rent it because it looks like a easy 1000.

HeavenSoldier
09-10-2009, 03:51 PM
This does look like it could be good, since you can't base too much off of a demo. I know i'll for sure at least be renting it, but if it's just singleplayer for storyline and such that it probably won't be a buy until it gets lowered.

Giblets 2000
09-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Technically this game could be really cool, but I don't think the signs are very good.

In my mind, all the people that have gone out and bought Arkham Asylum in their droves could also really love this game. That's parially the trouble though. There are some killer games coming out at the end of september/Q4 of the year and I think Wet is going to drown.

I remember reading a huge spread on this game in an xbox mag in around June 2008 and since then it has been kicked around like an unwanted step child, which suggests that there is little faith in the title, it only being released because so much had been invested in it.

As much as you might hate the FPS fanboys, and as brayarg said, this game is going to have to compete for people's money with Halo:ODST within a couple of days of its release. The only place for this is to keep those waiting for Assassin's Creed II happy until it drops

There is no hype about this game

elephantd
09-11-2009, 02:35 AM
this game is a rental for me, i think the storyline will be really fun.=)

KNIGHTOFSERA
09-11-2009, 02:45 AM
In my mind, all the people that have gone out and bought Arkham Asylum in their droves could also really love this game. That's parially the trouble though. There are some killer games coming out at the end of september/Q4 of the year and I think Wet is going to drown.
dont get what youre saying....this reminds me nothing of arkham or are you trying to make some other connection?

I liked some parts of the demo, like the overkill and car chase....but the film grain was a bit distracting, the music was okay.....kinda does have that tarantino feel......but it isnt going to be a buy...maybe a rental, think they should have waited to release the demo...cause it seems it put some people off who were looking forward to it

IceBlox
09-11-2009, 02:55 AM
looking like this will be a pretty good game

DoomTrooper
09-11-2009, 03:25 AM
i liked it. demo was nice. kept my attention and made me want to play more when the demo was done. went and preordered it for ps3. after playing both demos i felt the playstation version was much smoother. sorry microsoft! sony wins this round. ... lol.