PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 Perks Upgradable

Logiistics
08-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Apparently, Modern Warfare 2's perks will be upgradable meaning as you rank up you will be able to get a 'pro' , better version of your current perks, to use in multiplayer.

"This new addition along with the ability to rank up Perks from their base benefit to an upgraded Pro version with additional bonuses allows you to really customize your Classes to your preferred play style per gametype."

Full story (http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/news/modern-warfare-2-pro-perks.html)

Kamakazi Pear
08-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Well, people are going to be moaning about Juggernaut. I wonder what Perks such as UAV Jammer will turn into? If you get another kind of perk when it's upgraded, or maybe some just aren't upgradeable...

Either way, thanks for that little bit of info, that's pretty cool. :) I want MW2 now. :mad:

oDrPepper
08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Well, people are going to be moaning about Juggernaut.

I was going to post something about juggy, I guess I won't. ;)

The whole concept sounds good though, just a bit worried about some perks in particular...

Logiistics
08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Yeh i know, imagine a upgraded version of Juggernaut or Martyrdom :O..

Dropping 3 grenades as you die..

Kamakazi Pear
08-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Yeh i know, imagine a upgraded version of Juggernaut or Martyrdom :O..

Dropping 3 grenades as you die..

Haha. :p

Ah well, Stopping Power in Core will have the same power as SP in HC I guess...
Sleight of Hand will reload extremely fast...
Extreme Conditioning you will probably run forever. :p

Nah, some will be great, but there are a few that'll be stupid.
I hope with Last Stand it's not like WaW where you can revive people and they live for ages...

Logiistics
08-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Haha. :p

Ah well, Stopping Power in Core will have the same power as SP in HC I guess...
Sleight of Hand will reload extremely fast...
Extreme Conditioning you will probably run forever. :p

Nah, some will be great, but there are a few that'll be stupid.
I hope with Last Stand it's not like WaW where you can revive people and they live for ages...

Yup so do i, that was stupid.

Hopefully they wont be so stupid to just upgrade those perks that everyone hates to just more of the same.. I mean i hope they change it in some way so it isn't so unfair and ridiculously annoying.

Ingles
08-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Well, people are going to be moaning about Juggernaut. I wonder what Perks such as UAV Jammer will turn into? If you get another kind of perk when it's upgraded, or maybe some just aren't upgradeable...

Either way, thanks for that little bit of info, that's pretty cool. :) I want MW2 now. :mad:

Yes, hands down people will be moaning about the Juggernaut perk. I never understood that?? Why piss and moan about a perk that someone is using to help them stay alive? Isn't that kind of the premise of the game, to kill or be killed. I will be using whatever I feel fits my playing style the most.

I can't wait for Modern Warfare 2 either.

dark lord me
08-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Well maybe radar jammer it will give you the like UAV and just you

Logiistics
08-27-2009, 05:55 PM
I wonder if for 'Deep Impact' you can shoot through anything and i mean anything :P..

And how fast would you shoot with 'Double Tap', is the P90 in MW2? :D

Cacky
08-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Sounds a little similar to the Pack-A-Punch in Der Riese. Bring on MW2. :)

Kamakazi Pear
08-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Well maybe radar jammer it will give you the like UAV and just you

Nice idea, but I doubt that, because that makes the whole UAV unlocked at 3 kills pointless.

But who knows, we'll just have to wait and see.

And yeah Cacky, I was thinking that. Although weapons and perks are pretty different. :p

Logiistics
08-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Sounds a little similar to the Pack-A-Punch in Der Riese. Bring on MW2. :)

Yeh, but its odd..

I also read, that Infinity Ward ''Are taking no leaf's out of treyarchs books'' :D

Book ah well, MW2 will rule :woop:

progman32
08-27-2009, 06:56 PM
I haven't played MW or COD4, and I'm on the fence about what shooter to get.. MW2 or ODST. Upgradable perks sounds really interesting.

Logiistics
08-27-2009, 07:09 PM
I haven't played MW or COD4, and I'm on the fence about what shooter to get.. MW2 or ODST. Upgradable perks sounds really interesting.

MW and Cod4 are the same thing lol.

Porpoise King
08-27-2009, 07:12 PM
I wonder if for 'Deep Impact' you can shoot through anything and i mean anything :P..

And how fast would you shoot with 'Double Tap', is the P90 in MW2? :D

No P90 in MW2

LilGurgi
08-27-2009, 07:12 PM
I wonder if this means that I'll be able to get 4 claymores instead of just 2.

Gariom
08-27-2009, 07:37 PM
"Slight of Hand: Pro - Reload a RPD in 0.36 seconds!"

That would be awesome and very, very cheap as well.

Logiistics
08-27-2009, 07:41 PM
"Slight of Hand: Pro - Reload a RPD in 0.36 seconds!"

That would be awesome and very, very cheap as well.

Haha, imagine watching your guy do that.

I laughed the first time i used Slight of Hand in MW1 :eek:

MJGB
08-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Can you imagine upgraded dead silence? Me neither.

Gackt
08-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Can you imagine upgraded dead silence? Me neither.

I never came across very many players who actually even used Dead Silence...I would be surprised to see it in mw2

Magicman10893
08-27-2009, 08:35 PM
No P90 in MW2

It was in the campaign footage if that counts for anything.

oDrPepper
08-27-2009, 08:49 PM
I never came across very many players who actually even used Dead Silence...I would be surprised to see it in mw2

It's getting a lot more common with the amount of Turtle Beach's players are buying.

Juzt Skillz
08-27-2009, 09:00 PM
MW and Cod4 are the same thing lol.

Thats what I was going to say lol.

But I hope they don't screw up with this. Hopefully it will be specific perks that you can upgrade. I don't want something like Uber Jugg.

Logiistics
08-27-2009, 09:09 PM
I hope there is just alot more different perks, i was disappointed that most in WAW were from Cod4.

Gariom
08-27-2009, 09:43 PM
A perk similar to Overkill in Mass Effect would be pretty cool. For a few seconds your shots fire faster and do a lot more damage. But can only be activated once per life (ie; recharges after you respawn).

carter1412
08-28-2009, 12:28 AM
im not slating this game cos i think its gona be game of year, but if u dont get this game soon after it comes out its gonna suck, people with upgraded stopping power killing you in like one shot, and not being able to kill people using jugganaut because you dont have decent weapons yet, well i hope its not going to be like this but i think it will be, suppose it makes it more of a challenge though. might make people prestige less aswell lol.

Soilydude
08-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Agree with above post, due to CoD's crappy matchmaking system you'll head online for the first time and face a Lv.65 with upgraded Stopping Power and you will be fooked.

ostalabibisuka
08-28-2009, 01:57 AM
UPGRADED SHADES!!!

(If they keep the perk or an equivelent) You'll get some kickass Aviators to wear!

ALANCLFC
08-28-2009, 04:02 AM
The only way this could work without completely wrecking the game is if they made them not that much better when upgraded and only the "useless perks" could be upgraded like Sonic Boom, no-one used that so there could be some incentive to use it.

litepink
08-28-2009, 04:43 AM
i love this idea! i am crossing my fingers for claymores x 3! can't wait.

can you imagine someone with Super Juggernaught...and they are lagging...with a modded controller, and they drop on you. :eek:

Jappe XBA
08-28-2009, 05:07 AM
This is what I was waiting for :) (1500th post!)

bradakovich
08-28-2009, 05:16 AM
I may be new here, but I think Modern Warfare 2 perks are going to be ridiculously overpowered to a point where people are going to complain. I heard a rumor about multiple (up to 3) attachments on a gun.

M16 (+Grenade Launcher, + Red Dot[or new alternative], +2x Magazine) = Win/Cry.

And that's only one perk!! Throw in 3rd level claymores and 3rd level juggernaught and you have an unstoppable killing machine, aka Robert Downey Jr.

FourChan
08-28-2009, 05:39 AM
Imagine upgrading the Gunship perk and instead of dropping bombs, you drop nukes. That'd hurt bad XD

Waggaz
08-28-2009, 05:52 AM
No P90 in MW2

Im pretty sure there is a P90... Prety sure.

agentplatypus
08-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Im pretty sure there is a P90... Prety sure.

There is, there was one in the snowy level demo thingy.

Anyway, this seems like a bad idea to me, I really hope IW don't make this game too unbalanced.

neok182
08-28-2009, 03:51 PM
yeah the P90 is in the game it's confirmed on the official forums with footage/screens from the game.

And the upgradeable perks are going to be awesome. and suck at the same time. Because the crazy high level people will be able to own the shit out of the low level people now much easier.

Gonna suck for anyone who waits to get on multiplayer.

Blue Radium
08-28-2009, 04:25 PM
yeah the P90 is in the game it's confirmed on the official forums with footage/screens from the game.

And the upgradeable perks are going to be awesome. and suck at the same time. Because the crazy high level people will be able to own the shit out of the low level people now much easier.

Gonna suck for anyone who waits to get on multiplayer.
What's going to suck more is trying to prestige all the way with people who sit at level 55/65 with all of the best stuff. It seems like being a high rank will have a much larger effect on your survivability than in other Call of Dutys.

neok182
08-28-2009, 04:57 PM
What's going to suck more is trying to prestige all the way with people who sit at level 55/65 with all of the best stuff. It seems like being a high rank will have a much larger effect on your survivability than in other Call of Dutys.

yeah i had MW for the PC and i spent a good month on single player finding all 30 boxes and just replaying it because it was so good. But when i finally got on multiplayer i was getting my ass kicked by the level 50+ people who had all the best perks and weapons. After a few hundered matches when i started to get up to 30 it was more of an even fight.

But now it'll be even worse for the low levels and late comers because they're just going to get owned. But it'll sure be good when you get up there and it's even.

Hopefully ID can balance this out somehow.

Frostbite123
08-28-2009, 05:48 PM
I just cant imagen this happening cause hell cod 4 was near perfect, and with the few glitches it had nothing was major. Now changing the formula with upgradable perks i mean it will unbalance everything, because you get a high level with alot upgraded and w.e gun agianst a new kid with non upgraded things whats gonna happen, and as in juggernaught ddnt make people yell enough!

Simzo
08-28-2009, 05:57 PM

I always use it, especially in Hardcore. Especially if you have surround sound, because you can hear everything.

II TAPOUT II
08-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I wonder what Perks such as UAV Jammer will turn into?

Maybe it throws a false dot onto a radar?

Anyway, I'm a little on the fence about this... It sounds like it may be a little OP... I want to have faith in IW, as they balanced MW really well, but I'm a little skeptic about it. Oh well, I still have high hopes for the game, and only time will tell how everything plays out.

Nerdz0r
08-28-2009, 06:47 PM

Basically, Halo is for fucking nerds. Make your decision from that.

Euvel
08-28-2009, 07:49 PM
So it sounds like Infinity Ward sat around a table and said, lets try something completely AWESOME! And with their "AWESOME" idea they created the same exact game as they did. They didn't even make the perks different. Also why the crap do perks even exist? They are a stupid idea. (Except for the blue ones. Or whatever color gave you things such as claymores)

Stopping power - I exchanged my bullets for explosive rounds
Juggernaut - I learned to grow titanium from my pores.
Slight of hand - I'm a robot.
And blah blah blah.

And with their idea of you can upgrade the upgrade to give a completely new feel for the game is also stupid.

As for those who can't decide to get Modern Warefare2 or Halo: ODST, I suggest you get neither. If you feel you absolutely need a game get Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Probably wont be any better than either of those games but at least they are making it look like they put a lot of effort into it.

Oh the irony.

Venomized
08-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Yup so do i, that was stupid.

Hopefully they wont be so stupid to just upgrade those perks that everyone hates to just more of the same.. I mean i hope they change it in some way so it isn't so unfair and ridiculously annoying.

That was the only good thing they did in Waw (Reviving-last stand). Otherwise it was a complete copy of Cod 4 and just sucked.

Genesis x360a
08-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Im in two minds over this, It seems like there putting to much into the MP, Gunships/Duel deagles/Custom KS/Upgradable perks, Shit... What next upgradable clothing so you can invisible and shit, They need to stop over doing this game.

Venomized
08-28-2009, 08:55 PM
So it sounds like Infinity Ward sat around a table and said, lets try something completely AWESOME! And with their "AWESOME" idea they created the same exact game as they did. They didn't even make the perks different. Also why the crap do perks even exist? They are a stupid idea. (Except for the blue ones. Or whatever color gave you things such as claymores)

Stopping power - I exchanged my bullets for explosive rounds
Juggernaut - I learned to grow titanium from my pores.
Slight of hand - I'm a robot.
And blah blah blah.

And with their idea of you can upgrade the upgrade to give a completely new feel for the game is also stupid.

As for those who can't decide to get Modern Warefare2 or Halo: ODST, I suggest you get neither. If you feel you absolutely need a game get Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Probably wont be any better than either of those games but at least they are making it look like they put a lot of effort into it.

Oh the irony.

Uhm . . . you are my role model? I dont know what else to say . . . except everything u said is exactly what I think.

Nightbeam
08-28-2009, 10:37 PM
I was told they removed Juggernaut based on many people asking for it.

Leak8
08-29-2009, 03:28 AM
I'll wait and see how they work before I complain and cry.

I know me and my friends joke about jugganaut. But It's still easy to kill people with it on.

Jugganaut + Last Stand + Matyrdom = I might be worried. haha

infernoterrorize
08-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Second Chance where, if you manage to live long enough, you can get back up.

JohnnyR74
08-29-2009, 03:57 AM
I never came across very many players who actually even used Dead Silence...I would be surprised to see it in mw2 Depends on what gametype you play. It is crucial for S & D, I always have it as my 3rd perk.

I hope they don't overdo this, also..

Frag x5? :p

Gorilla Stomper
08-29-2009, 04:15 AM
This is a good system, thats pretty much all i've got to say, i shall enjoy my custom perks haha.

Magicman10893
08-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Hopefully they will do something like

Starting Level of Perks - Weaker than the CoD4 equivalent
Upgraded Level of Perks - On Par with CoD4
Pro Upgraded Level of Perks - Slightly better or with a new feature to go along side it.

Say if stopping power does x1.2 damage in CoD4. It would start out as x1.1 damage and then work it up to x1.3 damage.

Or Last Stand will last 15 seconds at first, then 20, then 25 with the ability to be revived (Starting level can revive OTHERS but they can't be revived until Pro Level).

Frag x3 will start out as Frag x2, then x3, THEN x4, or something.

Hopefully, Martyrdom will require a grenade in your inventory in order to activate with a 4 second fuse, then 2.5 fuse (like CoD4) and then at Pro level it won't require a grenade in the inventory.

Lemon Of Life
08-30-2009, 03:45 PM
There are no massive inovations, just lots and lots of little alterations and improvements. Looks like this is gonna be one hell of a game.

TpYourHouse
09-01-2009, 09:13 PM
OMG, upgraded 3 frag...... NOOOOOOO!

RHYS JONES SAFC
09-02-2009, 06:13 PM
ok then i love both the series but lets see what gets game of the year :), you dick you dont know shit

XBLsFinest
09-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Hopefully they will do something like

Starting Level of Perks - Weaker than the CoD4 equivalent
Upgraded Level of Perks - On Par with CoD4
Pro Upgraded Level of Perks - Slightly better or with a new feature to go along side it.

Say if stopping power does x1.2 damage in CoD4. It would start out as x1.1 damage and then work it up to x1.3 damage.

Or Last Stand will last 15 seconds at first, then 20, then 25 with the ability to be revived (Starting level can revive OTHERS but they can't be revived until Pro Level).

Frag x3 will start out as Frag x2, then x3, THEN x4, or something.

Hopefully, Martyrdom will require a grenade in your inventory in order to activate with a 4 second fuse, then 2.5 fuse (like CoD4) and then at Pro level it won't require a grenade in the inventory.
That's quite a good idea.

I don't see why people are moaning you are going to be using the same perks aswell, you'll probably get a few good ones at the start so youcan snag a few kills but just because you ain'tgoing +40 in a game doesn't mean it ain't good.

My idea would be that if you get a better version of the perk tjhat you sacrifice something else, like Stopping Power if you get the ugraded version you got 25% less health for example. That way it won't be unbalanced.

FoX I tD
09-04-2009, 04:25 PM
cause u probably dont play Search and Destroy

Thracian
09-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Let's think sensibly about this as IW aren't idiots. Not all perks would be upgradeable or else that would ruin balance and only treyarch knows how to ruin balance.

I'm thinking stuff like Claymore or C4 X3 and a UAV Blackout which can hide your whole team for 1 or 2 minutes upon use whilst you still have UAV Jammer.

GlockiN
09-06-2009, 04:38 AM
I cant wait to Upgrade my jugg =)

KNIGHTOFSERA
09-06-2009, 04:51 AM

I really dont play halo, but your a douche anyways....get off the forums and go Play your "manly/unerdy" WaW

Upgraded Juggernaut FTW

Nerdz0r
09-06-2009, 09:45 AM
I really dont play halo, but your a douche anyways....get off the forums and go Play your "manly/unerdy" WaW

Upgraded Juggernaut FTW

Yes because a game where you can jump a mile, shoot an entire clip at someone to kill and has "aliens" that make fucking baby noises is not nerdy? Lmfao. I honestly see no reason for it to be so "famous". It's as bad as the whole "Counter Strike" shit, how is that game famous really? Look at it with a serious, unbiased opinion then come back to me and tell me Halo isn't nerdy and shit.

--

And to everyone crying about this, how can you possibly think that they are going to ruin a game by making some perks upgradable? Obviously they will think it through and make it balanced.

boblosanchez
09-06-2009, 06:47 PM
I sense a storm of underage noobs complaining about how much harder it might be to kill someone with upgraded juggernaut. Gamestop will have their hands full of as many kids as the Times Square Toys R' Us all yelling and screaming "This game is broken! I shot him in the head with the .50 cal and he didn't die and then turned and pwned MEEEEEE! WTF HE R NUUUBZ!!!"

Purge
09-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Yes because a game where you can jump a mile, shoot an entire clip at someone to kill and has "aliens" that make fucking baby noises is not nerdy? Lmfao. I honestly see no reason for it to be so "famous". It's as bad as the whole "Counter Strike" shit, how is that game famous really? Look at it with a serious, unbiased opinion then come back to me and tell me Halo isn't nerdy and shit.

--

And to everyone crying about this, how can you possibly think that they are going to ruin a game by making some perks upgradable? Obviously they will think it through and make it balanced.

The two of you fighting on an online forum is nerdy. Can't wait to get my hands on an upgraded dead-silence. Running around hardcore search and destroy knifing people in the back.

ghosty2478
09-07-2009, 03:46 AM
this sounds cool

KNIGHTOFSERA
09-07-2009, 03:49 AM
The two of you fighting on an online forum is nerdy. Can't wait to get my hands on an upgraded dead-silence. Running around hardcore search and destroy knifing people in the back.

wasnt really fighting, just calling it like it is...he's a douche and hypocrite......cause gears or left 4 dead is way different than halo in terms of being nerdy ...yeah sure

okay , I think the first thing I said is I dont even play halo...check the last time I played it....so dont even call me biased...I was just calling you a douche cause there is no reason to call people "fucking nerds" cause they play halo....I think its way overrated too but I dont go around calling them nerds...

antnie
09-07-2009, 04:11 AM
I don't get why people complain about juggernaut? You are aloud to use it too, so if you complain about something in the game(no glitchs) then than is just dumb.

ThaFireman
09-07-2009, 04:24 AM
I don't get why people complain about juggernaut? You are aloud to use it too, so if you complain about something in the game(no glitchs) then than is just dumb.
And they can cancel it out with Stopping Power or you can just play Hardcore (and here comes someone that thinks Hardcore is cheap, bla bla bla.)

tugboatman
09-07-2009, 07:31 AM
i used to use dead silence quite a bit along with a uav jammer or silencer it was great...
It was like shooting someone whilst wearing your slippers!!