PDA

View Full Version : Call of duty world at war veteran help!!!!!

ProXWA Champ
08-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey, i am doing veteran mode to get the remainder of the achievements i can unlock in the campaign but I am having trouble on some levels and youtube dont help much, anybody know ways to beat their land their blood through downfall on veteran?

Kamakazi Pear
08-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Post this in the CoD:WaW section of the site, found here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=932). You will get more help there.

But just search Call of Duty:World at War guide on google. There should be some decent guides. But it's easy, just take time, keep pushing up and try and flank enemies. Also, always take cover and be smart. Keep going and you will manage it. If you struggle on a level, try another and come back to it later on. Good luck!

martnic
08-28-2009, 10:06 AM
It's been a while since I beat WaW.

Their Land Their Blood was a small sticking point for me.
I'm going to assume your stuck at the section where you enter the trenches just after crossing the river (near the start).
I personally entered the trenches and went left then north and worked my way round very slowly, and taking cover often. Don't be afraid to run away if spammed by grenades. Try to remeber how the Germans spawn as they tend to come in 'fixed' waves.

As for Downfall it world renouned as a pain.
I used the guide on this site and it worked a treat, it took a while but it got the job done.

Sirboscos
08-28-2009, 02:07 PM
I gave up. Much better for my sanity. Cod 4 was fun on veteran, Waw is not.

Jethrow
08-28-2009, 05:11 PM
like they said, cod section. When on the main x360a.org page, use the search field on the left and just type call and select the game your on about.

As far as veteran, i found it quite simple as a matter of fact. Some parts were very annoying. Most annoying would have been killing the general with the pistol. but for the campaign, take it slow, use frags, throw many frags back at them. stay in cover all the time. allow your teammates to do some work. Some levels to complete could take over an hour really. I took her slow and in 10 days i had 1000G. But take that advice and check out the actual cod 5 section and read up, many more tips and whatnot over there. good luck :)

Veteran
08-28-2009, 05:15 PM
If you're struggling with Their Land Their Blood don't expect to get much further than that on Veteran. It only started to get hard for me at Blow Torch & Corkscrew (Which was just stupidly hard I'll have you know.) I struggled my way through the last couple of missions, and then heart of the reich which was just silly (those 4 bastard AA guns are unreal).

Jethrow
08-28-2009, 05:19 PM
The AA guns wasn't the problem for me on that level, although i share your thoughts that its silly and unreal. My problem with that one was i couldn't get that damned pillar at the end to fall down. It was just nonstop people coming out of the reichstag and it wouldn't fall. And i realized that if you back up to that building with the sniper rifle in the top, then go back up the stairs it will fall. and twice in a row it fell on me, wtf? loll

EzyKiLL 25 17
08-28-2009, 05:39 PM
i found hardcore to be more annoying than hard... it seems the developers just decided to give the enemy infinite grenades .... my best tactic was to just keep pushing forward thru the levels and then take cover as your AI team mates attack.. if you don't push forward your team mates don't move...
and throw back as many grenades as you can

Lost In Shower
08-30-2009, 02:02 AM
wow i hate people who try to be mods, i see that way to often and its really annoying

anyway i know what your saying. i gave up. to many nades and unlimited enemies. the game is garbage. it took my 4 hours to get past some big guns on the one where you storm the reichstag. in the end my xbox freezes and i had to restart from where i saved, even though i had gotten checkpoints before my xbox froze. i was at the very end. after that i threw my controller and broke it and never played cod waw single player again

Fizzmatix
08-30-2009, 02:31 AM
wow i hate people who try to be mods, i see that way to often and its really annoying

anyway i know what your saying. i gave up. to many nades and unlimited enemies. the game is garbage. it took my 4 hours to get past some big guns on the one where you storm the reichstag. in the end my xbox freezes and i had to restart from where i saved, even though i had gotten checkpoints before my xbox froze. i was at the very end. after that i threw my controller and broke it and never played cod waw single player again

Their not trying to be mods, their trying to point the op in the right direction to get the best help. I didn't find veteran that hard it was just very very annoying. Lots of replaying levels and trying to work out the best way to do each checkpoint.

There are also a few video walkthroughs are semi helpful but it's more about finding out what works for you, most videos are good to find out where to go but useless in really giving you tips.

RHYS JONES SAFC
08-30-2009, 04:15 AM
I finished the game on vetran tonight bro, if ya ant msg me online and il cum in co-op and show ya sum tips for last 2 levels, 2nd last level. Heart of the reich. Makes mile high club look like a kids game haha

Venomized
08-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Post this in the CoD:WaW section of the site, found here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=932). You will get more help there.

But just search Call of Duty:World at War guide on google. There should be some decent guides. But it's easy, just take time, keep pushing up and try and flank enemies. Also, always take cover and be smart. Keep going and you will manage it. If you struggle on a level, try another and come back to it later on. Good luck!

Exactly what I was thinking.

And to be honest, all you have to do is be patient. It is quite easy if you think about it logically.