PDA

View Full Version : Shared PS3 and 360 games

McKaystyles
08-27-2009, 08:32 PM
hey guys, thanks for checking out my first thread, but i have a serious question that requires serious feedback. for my birthday in November my g/f is getting me a ps3 slim and all the exclusives! ( we are both 360 gamers, so we have a biased and are purchasing it for the exclusives, kind of sad considering we both work in the industry):drunk

So here is my question. We have so many 360 games we have gotten through promotions or just simply purchased that many of them still have the wrappings on them ( sorry mass effect and eternal sonata) but many games come out for both platforms. I want to know if there is a site dedicated to comparing the multi platform games out there and telling which one has the “edge” we get many publications that tell is which one has the edge, but we would rather just go to a website. Also, any games anyone knows of besides Atari’s Alone in the Dark that has an advantage over the 360? Thanks. :confused:

McKaystyles
08-27-2009, 09:12 PM
no answers?

Logiistics
08-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Umm i dont really understand..

You have lots of 360 games that are multi plat?

But you dont know if to get rid of them and get them on PS3?

Or get rid of them and get exclusives for the PS3?

Huh :eek:

McKaystyles
08-27-2009, 09:26 PM
i wanted to know if there was s ite that tells me which platform has the btter version of the multi game. for instance, MW2, which console makes it run and look better? and if anyone knows of any multi games to date that work better on ps3 than 360. to my knowledge most the time the games actually look better on the 360, i just wanted to know if anyone knew otherwise.

ill keep my 360 library, but i want to beef up my new ps3 one.

Logiistics
08-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Right, well i dont know of a site..

I usually just read/watch reviews and they usually say what it runs better on.. But if your in the industry im sure you'd know wouldn't you?

Anyway, iv had loads of PS3 games and most of them are fine, im not sure about better than on the 360..

You could always get Bioshock for more of a challenge with vita chambers of :D

Nightbeam
08-27-2009, 09:40 PM
I own both an Xbox 360 and PS3, and heres my opinion:

360: Exclusives + Multi platform games + DLC + my most attention.
PS3: Blueray + Exclusives

I can't honestly say that PS3 plays games better than the 360, its not fanboy-ism, just the truth.

*Edit* To answer your question most games developed for the 360 and PS3 are equally matched with graphics and everything else, with barely any difference. I think its only related to exclusives.

CerealKiller
08-27-2009, 09:46 PM
xbox 360 games always have the edge and r better than ps3 versions

Fizzmatix
08-27-2009, 09:47 PM
You will probably find http://www.lensoftruth.com/ interesting. The website compares the graphics between the 360 and ps3. There is no difference between 99% of games and to get the best quality output you will obviously need a very high end tv.

Id say there is no difference between most games seeing as you wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyhow unless you used a magnifying glass. Apart from the various screw ups i would say there isn't a difference between the multi platform games at all, if your play them on the pc though you may notice a difference in higher quality textures.

McKaystyles
08-27-2009, 09:57 PM
that website is very helpful, thanks man! its just sad to think im going to get a ps3 and it will prob collect dust, even here at midway, we test on 360's we have only 1 ps3 in the whole facility! the saddest part, we mostly use it to watch blueray movies and not test our games as most our testers find switching to the ps3 controller for testing a pain. most ps3 testing is done out of texas anyway

Fizzmatix
08-27-2009, 10:04 PM
From what i've seen the PS3 has an issue with damping output so it looks a little soft, also the lighting looks dull on the PS3 but that's just what i think.

I don't see the point in owning two consoles, either one or the other. You get almost all the same games so it's near pointless but then again some people like playing the same games on other platforms :).

In general though you won't be able to tell the difference unless its say Ghostbusters ;).

Also id you have some games you really don't want and would like to find a home for them id be happy to abuse them for you :p.

Logiistics
08-27-2009, 10:24 PM
From what i've seen the PS3 has an issue with damping output so it looks a little soft, also the lighting looks dull on the PS3 but that's just what i think.

I don't see the point in owning two consoles, either one or the other. You get almost all the same games so it's near pointless but then again some people like playing the same games on other platforms :).

In general though you won't be able to tell the difference unless its say Ghostbusters ;).

Also id you have some games you really don't want and would like to find a home for them id be happy to abuse them for you :p.

But then you cant have, Halo, Gears, Fable, Uncharted, Gow and so on.

And 360's so cheap why not get one if you have a PS3, like i did.