PDA

View Full Version : I am (not a) Legend

Owen H Brown
08-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Folks,

I want to put the call out to see if any of you people reading this have completed the game on Legendary difficulty?

Last night I completed the game on Heroic difficulty on the PC, making my next challenge a romp through on Legendary difficulty. However I found myself in a situation that is very similar to something I experienced way back in November 2004... I can't finish the first level!

My problem has spanned 5 years and two platforms!

Both last night and in 2004 I found myself stuck in the area where you have to clear a room of Elites and Grunts in order to intitiate the explosion of the second orbital cannon.

My problem is that I simply cannot dish out enough damage to defeat the 6+ Elites that are attacking me. I aim for their head with the battle rifle, but they still absorb a ridiculous amount of damage, meaning that before I can usually kill them I either lose all my shields or have to reload, both of which require I take cover lest I die suddenly. Upon emerging from cover the elite is usually somewhere else, and I need to start all over again!

Grenades aren't much help. There simply isn't enough to do the job with.
So I ask you folks if you have some technique with which I can get past this annoying area, and, some sort of idea whether it is even WORTH getting past this part... because I fear I will only be met with hour after hour of painstakingly difficult enemies.

Any strategies and tips for Legendary difficulty would be appreciated: Tell me what worked for you!

There has certainly been a drop in Legendary Difficulty in Halo 3. I completed it on Legendary difficulty by myself, and it didn't seem anywhere near as impossible as in Halo 2.

Please share your thoughts...

NeM2k2
08-28-2009, 03:47 PM
I finished this on legendary last night. The first level was by far the hardest. It took me a while to get used to it but the plasma pistol charge shot followed by battle rifle headshot is the best way to kill elites.

I used this guide:
http://nikon.bungie.org/gameplay/halo2_leg_walk/cairostation.html

It was invaluable on many difficult parts, though I tried to wing it as much as possible to keep it interesting.

Hybridchld
08-30-2009, 10:17 AM
It took me a while to get used to it but the plasma pistol charge shot followed by battle rifle headshot is the best way to kill elites.

Yeah the noob combo is the only way to kill elites fast enough on Legendary. With a bit of practice it gets really easy.

Telexen
08-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Noob combo is the only way to kill elites at ALL on Legendary.

Halo 2 was very hard on Legendary...the hardest of the 3 by far IMO. It took me 4 days of almost non-stop playing to do it on the PC.

Owen H Brown
08-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Well I ALMOST finished the first level but just before the bomb I lost my connection. I shut down halo to reconnect but that ended up invalidating my save point and forced me to restart the level.

It took some serious breathing exercises to remain calm, believe me.

If that happens again, can I just minimise Halo and then recconect? Will that keep my checkpoint valid?

And yes, The Noob combo, it works a charm. I was always too stubborn to use it in MP, and never took the time to get used to it. Now I am being forced to use it and I am getting much better at it.

Hybridchld
08-30-2009, 02:19 PM
I hate people who use it in MP as well but on Legendary it is essential. Halo 2 is probably the hardest on Legendary, and there are parts that will have you pulling your hair out, but the bragging rights of being able to say you did it is worth the frustration.