PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else dissapointed with Achievements?

natzybawz
08-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Just got this game today and I was very suprised to find out that there are 25 multiplayer achivements of 49. Now I like the odd multiplayer achievement, but this just seems to be an overkill!

It's made me a bit miffed to be honest, especially since the MP isn't really that good. What with the stats not saving correctly on occassion and I've also found it somewhat difficult to get into a match, and most of the time its laggy when I get a game.

What I've experienced of the campaign so far has been quite good, a bit of fun, but not great. The achievements aren't the best for the solo either, and the freezing posts on the forum are a bit daunting.

Anyway, I'm just a bit dissapointed cos I've been looking forward to this game being released for ages. What does everyone else think?

tigro
08-28-2009, 03:56 PM
multi player isnt that good?????????????????????????????????/

its shite lol

bLaKgRaVy
08-28-2009, 05:06 PM
While I don't generally play online, I'll at least try to get these since I've been a fan of Wolfenstein since 1992. I do admit that there are a lot of MP achievements, and they are split 500 SP and 500 MP. Would have liked to see more creative SP achievements. I mean collectible achievements? Everyone does that now, and it's hella annoying. Break 1000 objects or Melee 50 enemies? They're not achievements if you can do those without even trying in SP. I hate the "Achieve XX Rank" ones, like for Gears 2 and CoD 3, because unless you boost for 50 hours or glitch, they are basically unachieveable. The MP achievements aren't that hard, and they are split up nice between the 3 classes, but they could have forgone the two Rank achievements, and maybe even the individual map achievements (since those are just begging to be boosted and that's all) and used those points for more creative and fun SP achievements, or just upped the points on everything else (we're only talking 130 points here which could have been split up nicely between the other ones).

I too am vexed that the MP isn't good at all. For a game that was in development for so long, and for the legacy it has (even though there are only 3 modern FPS games for it, it started the whole genre), it should have been better. id were Exec. Producers for this game (which basically means they make sure it gets done no matter what), and with the track record they have, they should have done something to make it better. But that goes to show you, no matter what, they all want the money and could give two sh*ts about producing a bug-free game. The way of the world.

I don't expect a patch for the MP (since almost the entire team was laid off the day the game came out), but I do expect Raven to release a patch for the freezing. It's happening a lot (not to me yet, haven't gotten that far into the game), and I'm sure they have heard of it happening. Unless they really don't care, they'll release one. It's just a matter of when. Maybe everyone should post on the Raven boards about the freezing. I'm sure they read the posts on their own website! (wait, i just went to Ravensoft.com, they don't have a forum. Just a Contact Us link and Tech Support, of which Wolfenstein isn't listed yet). I'm sure they will release one, though. I was a big fan of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, and they were always releasing fixes for those two games.

CunningFox
08-28-2009, 08:32 PM
The multiplayer is only dissapointing when you expect it to be better than COD 4.

The only real issue I've found with it is that you need a very good internet conection to experience everything it has to offer.

And I've never had a freezing problem so I can't really comment on that.

You just need to give the game a chance.

Track404
08-29-2009, 02:25 AM
Even with a good connection this game is awful online. My connection is good enough to host 8 players with no lag. Yet everyone apart from me had 1 bar. Plus the toned down graphics and awful gameplay online (even when hosting). For a series with such pedigree and time of development I was expecting ALOT more.

One of the biggest let downs of 2009 in my opinion. Single player is decent enough, just a shame their QA department didn't test the game very well. If you're going to implement re-playable missions at least test that it works ok. A very basic testing error on their part and totally unforgivable.
Achievements are mediocre at best, 200 ish collectibles? How very uninspiring and annoying. The only one that made me smile a bit was the Enemies in a barrel

Puppys
08-29-2009, 02:41 AM
Yes i am especially disapointed with the point ratio ... 10 points for beating the entire game? you get 3 times that for a lot of easier less time consuming things... and reaching level 50 (would take weeks without boosting) is also only 15 points, making it less appealing to go for.

III RAIDERS III
08-29-2009, 02:55 AM
I think it has a good mix of a little bit of everything. i havent had any problems with the game. I do think the online is trash, so i choose to boost so i can play as little as possible online. just my opinion. I will say the hit window with the sniper (scoped rifle) is a little off.

overall 7+/8-

AboutFace
08-29-2009, 07:02 PM
This game is so bad, I feel sorry for it. The achievements are less than desirable. The only one I found amusing was Enemy in a Barrell. The Uber achievements add up to 60 points, however many of us won't even see that since we cannot finish the game due to freezing. Maybe I should feel fortunate to have made it to Airfield, it is as far as the game will let me play. The MP was the worst I have experienced. I don't like the idea of having the triangles over the enemies head. There is a host advantage without a doubt. Not being a fan of versus, but one of cooperative, the MP achievements turned me away. Bunch of friends and I did some one night for giggles. I have no intention of meeting any of the other achievement demands. The collectables, oh man, I really dislike collectables. A few is fine, but this many forget it. I heard enough complaining from other gamers over AC. I want to play not run around looking for something. In a nutshell, the achievements are subpar. COD4 had the right idea, put the achievements in the pockets of the SP, and give the leaderboards to those who appreciate MP.

R4wD0g496
08-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Guess I'm one of the lucky few who got through SP without a hitch. Lucky me I suppose. My first online match I luckily ran into 2 guys who happen to be incredibly good at the game. I boost with them now. I don't think I've ever lost a Wolfenstein match lol.

Trevelyan
08-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Reminds me of RTCW multiplayer, which was really fun back when you just expected the lag. Back when some people still used dialup and when I only just had got 256k ADSL.

The multiplayer achievements are not difficult or hard to achieve at all, except the rank 50 one which takes the piss, but its nothing compared to the Halo Wars one so, its all good. Plus, unlike Halo Wars, you can be really crap and still get lots of money for your rank.

The only problem I have is the non-updating of money and the related bugs. Its really annoying to lose thousands and a few hours when the server you were on seems not to update. I, for one, am glad they fired all those multiplayer developers. They kind of messed up a lot with it, as ive not seen that many bugs in a multiplayer game for ages.

Some annoyances;

- "third person" camera; your model is stuck with a single orientation and the camera is fixed to the floor. No crosshairs or ammo are visible. But you can still play, just lagilly and with some guess work

- Grenade ammo counter totally wrong - sometimes shows you have a grenade when you don't

- The server being hosted by the player (and the consequential lag)

- The non-updating of stats

- The hangs and freezes when trying to connect to a new host, or the unbelievable time it takes to connect to a game

- And finally, the fact that all of this happens when the multiplayer mode has been stripped down (lower-res textures, no player model physics etc) makes it seem half finished

Developers should have stuck with singleplayer only. The multiplayer side should be an addon and have a separate achievement list. :/

ZedChuva
08-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Just got this game today and I was very suprised to find out that there are 25 multiplayer achivements of 49. Now I like the odd multiplayer achievement, but this just seems to be an overkill!

Couldn't agree more. Having that many MP cheeves is a joke. MP cheeves should never be more than 1/4 of the total, unless it's nothing but a MP game, like Battlefield 1943... or Halo 3 (most boring SP campaign ever! )

I've quite a few games, that I consider 100% done. Only thing left are the MP cheeves, and in my eyes, they don't count for shit. MP is fine and all, but if you want to 1000 a game, to be forced to put up with dickheads and "those with no life", just to get 2, 7, or 25 cheeves, is just bullshit. Really, unless you play ALL THE TIME, jumping into a MP game, of just about anything that's been out for more than a week, you end up getting griefed and spammed to the point of getting pissed off. Or, you just get raped by people who do NOTHING but play MP games for 10hrs a day.

Now, I don't mind when you get the "option" of playing a "private match", like GoW2 does. At least then, you can get SOME of the MP cheeves. Take away the "public match" only ones, or do what Brother In Arms did, and make them 0gs, so while I may not have every cheeve, I can still 1000 the game.

:uzi:MP cheeves are "teh suk".