PDA

View Full Version : Newb Thread - Basics Wanted

PaleGringo
01-29-2007, 04:32 AM
This is going out ot all of you that already completed this game.

What are some of the things you'd recommend for fastest / best practices in the game to level, or fight enemies, or things to keep and things to drop, or whatever else you think may be pertinent to beginners in the game.

Thanks in advance. If I find anything helpful, I'll post it here too.

The Killer 47
01-29-2007, 07:19 AM
I found that the sword/ pistol combo worked just fine throughout the entire game. Buy the ice shot for the pistol, freezing the enemy is pretty handy and it even works on ice elemental enemies. You'll want to carry a staff that has the healing spell assigned. This also will heal nearby allies.

Zonato
01-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Like the last post said, the saber/ice pistol combo are really good throughout the game, but i would also recommend twin daggers. The PA really rips through enemys plus the're fast and easy to use. Then once you're further into the game, get the double saber when it becomes available, it hits front and back in the normal combo plus has one of the best PAs for large enemys/bosses.

PaleGringo
01-31-2007, 02:13 AM
I'm getting lost quickly with this one. Here's some specifics:

Weapon Upgrade Shop
I got the Ice Shot photon disc for 400 at the upgrade shop (twice I think) and now I can't find where it's at, nor do I know how to use it.

I've either purchased or acquired a Powergun, but am uncertain about what I need (or if I need) to upgrade it. What does a C+3 Ginder do, are they better than C+2 or C+1 Grinders, can you buy multiple ones?

Weapon Shop
Which weapon is the best?
How do I use Photon CDs I purchase?

General Q's
What items should I hold on to?
What items are good for synthesizing weapons and other crap?
What can be sold?
Are there better places (or planets) to sell items on?

And as an update, I'm up to a Level 13 right now, about 19,000 masetas, and somewhere walking the malls in Chapter 4.