PDA

View Full Version : 360 Controller

PerpetualHeaven
01-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Alright, well I was playing blitz the league and I was trying to taunt and suddenly my right joystick went crazy. Now it's all tight in certain areas and loose in the other. It feels like it came out of place. I don't want to take it apart if I can ship it out and get a new one.

I've heard once you break your controller, you can just ship it out and they'll send a new or refurb one. Is this true? Anyone have any experience with controller screw up?

The Pants Party
01-29-2007, 02:32 PM
I tried googling "Xbox 360 controller replacement" and it turned up nothing. I added the word "program" and still got nothing. I'm actually quite surprised, I thought there would be an "iPod Doctor" equivalent for Xbox 360 parts/accessories.

Hm... anyone want to go into business with me?

KilluhKam
01-29-2007, 02:41 PM
im almost 100% sure you can, when you got the 360, remember all that crap it came with? (the books and what not) im pretty sure in there it said they can be repleaced, becuse i was thinking on trying to get one repleaced (dont know if they will since i threw it twice, which is what broke it :p lol)

so yeah, im pretty sure you can

Kid Pyrrhic
01-29-2007, 03:48 PM
The warranty should cover all parts included with your console. I'd just call up support and ask. If possible, make sure to have a copy of the warranty around.

The only roadblock I can see is that they may try to claim that you only have the 90 day Accessory warranty.

Zef
01-29-2007, 03:59 PM
You can get replacement headsets if you call Microsoft so you should be able to get a replacement controller.

Just don't send the battery pack with it if you use one.

Monsterbox
01-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Taking it apart is absoultely no problem at all. They're not as complicated on the insides as you might think. I could take one of mine apart for you tonight and post a video guide if you'd like. I hate sending my stuff off somewhere. It was all I could do not to crack open my 360 when I got rings. ;)

Is it wired or wireless?

PerpetualHeaven
01-29-2007, 08:28 PM
It's wireless and it's not that it's hard to take apart, it's just usually taking something apart voids the warranty. If I can just ship it out and get a new one I'd rather do that instead of taking the risk of potentially screwing it up somemore.

Monsterbox
01-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Your call (obviously) but I'll throw a video up later on in case you change your mind or for anybody else who may want to take a look under the hood.

I hope it works out for you though. I'm too much of a tinkerer; I haven't bought an extended warranty on anything in I don't know how long because the warranty usually gets voided within the first few weeks. (My girlfriend actually refers to the drawer in my desk with all my tools the "Department of Voided Warranties" hehe)

Have you tried calling the 800 number for XBox and asking them? They've been pretty helpful when I've contacted them in the past, they might be able to give you some more information on getting it replaced. If you didn't buy it online, you might consider taking it to the place you bought it from and see if they can't do a tune-up on it for you.

PerpetualHeaven
01-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah I think i'll call them. I'd like to mess around with everything, but I don't have the money to mess around with it all and can't really afford replacements.

Spot2009
01-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Buy another controller off EB Games. Take out the new controller. Put your broken one in. Return it. Free repair! Works for me! :P

Subject_Me
01-29-2007, 10:27 PM
they will replace your controler if its broken, i coundnt use a headset on my controller so they sent me a new one, but your supposed to send your broke one away....but i decided that was optional:)