PDA

View Full Version : Has an Achievement driven you Insane ?

SetsunaFSeiei
08-30-2009, 04:31 AM
This is a question for the hardcore achievement hunters who dont just play easy 1k games. But have you ever worked endless hours and days on 1 achievement ... so much that your going crazy about it.

Im currently going ape crap on my pillows right now everytime i fail Ninja Gaiden 2 Mission Mode Survival, if my pillows were any thicker i could bust a dent in the wall

Veteran
08-30-2009, 06:44 AM
I was like that with No Fighting In the War Room on CoD4 and Heart of the Reich on CoDWaW. I actually found Mile High Club to be a really easy level compared to those two. So yeah.

Good luck on your last 30 points on Ninja Gaiden!

raw steal
08-30-2009, 06:51 AM
the 2 that i can think of off the top of my head are
1. score a million with out dying on geometry wars.
2. finish street fighter 2 without losing a round.

probably the two most annoying achievements i have ever come across and almost snapped my controller in half countless times and to top it all off i never did get them.

Immortaltekniqq
08-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Any of the A rank achievements in Ikaruga. I know it's all memorization, but... yeah, enough said.

Any of the speed runs in Mirror's Edge. The fact that you could be doing a perfect run and one slip up makes you start over drives me crazy.

AussiePain
08-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Beijing 2008 - Long Jump Clear 8.96m.

I've got 8.96 two times now.. attempted to many times. The hardest thing about it is that you need perfect speed, perfect take off and perfect angle.

Tufty
08-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Killing Frenzy on Halo 3. I can only get a 9 killstreak and because of that achievement ive lost like 150exp.

My Gamertag is Papa Skull
08-30-2009, 08:07 AM
This was my latest achievement that made me crazy..

Unreal Tournament 3 - Beating all the missions on insane by myself. Which I accomplished, (950/1000) and now I'm happy. :)

Keep trying for that 1250/1250 on NG2 and you will be legit! :D

Venomized
08-30-2009, 09:10 AM
I was like that with No Fighting In the War Room on CoD4 and Heart of the Reich on CoDWaW. I actually found Mile High Club to be a really easy level compared to those two. So yeah.

Personally all Cod Campaigns are quite easy if you know what you are doing. If an achievement is making you that frustrated (to the creator of the thread) stop going for it or take a long break. If you look at it from a logical rational view, you will see once you get the achievement, nothing will truly come from it except a few lousy numbers which mean nothing to society or reality.

But might I add, the most ridiculous ahcievement of all time is BiA: Hells Highway. Which it has almost been a year now. Play on Xbox Live on Sept 17th for 50G.

But remember, these are just achievements. Dont strain yourself over them. And if you are an achievement hunter, hopefully it will only be a phase as it was for me.

Venomized
08-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Killing Frenzy on Halo 3. I can only get a 9 killstreak and because of that achievement ive lost like 150exp.

That isn't hard at all 0_o

Only if you are not good at the game I suppose it would be hard. Though for people to be good at the game, others have to be bad.

That is why people have high ratios and others have low =)

Edit: Sorry for the Double post (to those people who go crazy over it for some stupid reason)

Telexen
08-30-2009, 09:21 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/439/UPwEQf0=.jpg
Beans Bullets Bandages
(Online) Get 10002 kills

VladimirK
08-30-2009, 10:28 AM
I know this feeling.
For me though it isn't even so much that it's the last in a game, just more that it's one I see in a list that I just suddenly really want to get for no real reason.

Examples being stuff like Teflon in Kane and Lynch or the time trial achievements in Tomb Raider Legend.

lenny m
08-30-2009, 10:32 AM
An achievement in Motogp 08 would not unlock. it is driving me crazy

NawtyCawty
08-30-2009, 10:40 AM
For me it was getting the criterion elite licence on Burnout Paradise, not only for the final achievement but also to unlock the special gold and platinum paint finishes. I had one stunt run to do and it must have taken me about a month on and off to get it. After I did get it I was so relieved I didnt go back on my 360 for over a week I was so delirously happy :)

thomasgeorge
08-30-2009, 10:46 AM
The achievment for beating Heat on cod 4 on vetran. I got it but DAMN it was solid

AlmightyBronco
08-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Dead or alive 4 survival
I love this game and its not all that difficult but then out of nowhere the AI reverses every attack even if its the first attempt, so i wait for the AI to attack me so i can reverse and they grab me everytime. Still havnt gotten them yet

tugboatman
08-30-2009, 12:07 PM
yeah im currently trying to get the "marathon" achievement on Trials HD and it is driving me absolutely mental...

shocellist
08-30-2009, 12:37 PM
The achievment for beating Heat on cod 4 on vetran. I got it but DAMN it was solid

This is a ridiculously difficult achievement for me. I still can't get it! Driving me NUTS!!!

Lemon Of Life
08-30-2009, 12:48 PM
I just got geo wars 2, and it's full of pretty damn hard chieves. I kinda suck at the game, which doesnt help. I finished cod 4 on veteran without too much aggravation, though.

Jethrow
08-30-2009, 12:55 PM
mile high club drove me nuts and it was the most satisfying to actually get it, only it wasn't on my gamertag, damn helping friends!

Tom115
08-30-2009, 01:08 PM
'Guitar Hero' in Guitar Hero 3 make me break a guitar, put a dent in my wall and hurt my knuckles a lot. It took me forever but eventually getting it made it all worthwhile :)

Get Your Boogie on made me angry too because I'd got it before, but then it took me a good 2 hours non-stop playing to re-do it - I kept getting consistent 220/221k scores...

Then there was 'Now, That's Impressive'... and, well, yeah.

Dillagence
08-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Nothing Special - I spent hours and hours on this one achievement expecting it to unlock, spending so much time into one achievement felt like a massive waste of time so I gave up on it. At least I have it now though :)

SetsunaFSeiei
08-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Dead or alive 4 survival
I love this game and its not all that difficult but then out of nowhere the AI reverses every attack even if its the first attempt, so i wait for the AI to attack me so i can reverse and they grab me everytime. Still havnt gotten them yet

Oh god, the A.I's arent normal in that game. How the heck do they counter EVERYTHING you do

As quoted from a friend of mine "They counter my Low Punch , They counter My High Kick ,The counter My High Punch, The counter My Low Kick, They counter my grab, They counter my counter, THIS IS B.S"

xD

supakilla9
08-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Unstoppable in Ikaruga, beating the game without a continue. Oh god.

Marathon in Trials HD, 24 tracks without a fault? You'd have to have god's luck.

Genesis x360a
08-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Beating Lost Planet on Extreme drove me to insanity good damn that game was hard, Im dreading going back to get all the collectibles. Other than that just collectible achievements drive me insane i hate them with a passion.

thomasgeorge
08-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Other than just collectible achievements drive me insane i hate them with a passion.

agreed................

Der Fuhrer
08-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Seriously ... on Gears of War or 10 Co-Op Episodes on N+. The N+ achievement has completely glitched on me and in now unobtainable. Last Slick entertainment game I'll ever buy.

Unterofficer
08-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Rainbow Six: Vegas "Best of the Best" At first I thought 645000 exp wasn't that bad. Now few months later I say that it is little too much. Well for the last month I have played the game for 3-5h a day, and still I just resently got halfway on it. With 600exp for game it just takes really long to get the remaining points, and I'm getting fed up on playing three maps (LVU Campus, Presidio, Dante.) over and over. If I wouldn't play something else every now and then I think I would truly go insane.

The Kenz
08-30-2009, 09:05 PM
100% on Lego Batman is kinda driving me mad right now. I know I should stop wasting my time, but I've got a guide and 97%, so I'm sticking at it.

That damn ice slide/gates canister is gonna turn me into a Bane-style maniac soon though.

Daiphyer.
08-30-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't go for achievement that I know it would make me beat up my brother, but getting "finish a whole grid event without touching any other cars" is driving me nuts.

KNIGHTOFSERA
08-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Arkham Asylum is driving me crazy right now, Im trying for freeflow perfection...and some random goon gets to me right in time to mess up my ground punch for the achievement......:{.....then I have to try to get gold on the combat challenges...that is going to make me go nuts

Coadster1
08-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Here are a few of mine:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/377/UPwxNes=.jpgMile High Club20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgSky dive to safety on Veteran difficulty

Self explanatory.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/564/s2.jpgGo Get Some Sun0 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgYou achieved the highest level in the game. Time to go outside and find some things to do...

Almost there, all that work for 0G.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/808/s96.jpgThe Bladder of Steel Award25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgCompleted the Endless Setlist 2 without pausing or failing.

Something like that.

Frostbite123
08-31-2009, 12:03 AM
ARENA MASTER in castle crashers that achievement has not drivien me insane but hell i have 260+ wins in ranked im in the top 200 in the world and it will not give me it i mean its crazy there was one day where i got 40 wins in a single day and nope it wouldent go bleep and unlock i will never give up on it and hell untill i get it , this will be the only achievement that will ever haunt me.

Gackt
08-31-2009, 12:18 AM
Stupid ANNEX achievement on Gears 2... I dont know if I did not notice until now or maybe they just added it to the playlist but there is a playlist for the annex achievement... I had just been playing annex-koth and hoping to get the damn maps I needed lol....took forever but finally got it

Oh and the level 100 in Gears 2... I dont even know if I will bother though.

safemachine08
08-31-2009, 01:30 AM
gears of war 2 beating it on isane lol

08-31-2009, 02:40 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/439/UPwEQf0=.jpg
Beans Bullets Bandages
(Online) Get 10002 kills

How did that achievement drive you insane? That was one of the funnest achievements on that game. It only took me like 2-3 weeks and it wasn't hard. Just a little bit time consuming..

p-willy52j-morgan84
08-31-2009, 03:05 AM
"Look What I found!" took me a few hours.

nickhopkinz
08-31-2009, 03:22 AM
NBA online achievement, impossible lol.

dakisbac
08-31-2009, 04:24 AM
The leaderboard achievements in GRAW drove me insane. So much that I was hearing the menu theme out of nowhere (awake) and in my dreams while sleeping. That was scary.

Needless to say, I was very, very, VERY glad when I finished. Now I like the tune though.

shocellist
08-31-2009, 07:04 AM
The achievements for beating GH2 and GH3 on easy. It is... tedious to say the least. I can't play more than 3 songs at a time. I've actually fallen asleep while playing...
This should be such an easy achievement for me, but I just can't do it!

HadMatters13
08-31-2009, 07:22 AM
I'd have to say the achievement for reaching Elite rank in Rainbow Six Vegas. Just over half way there now after playing it for ages.

The only other one really is Mile High Club on COD4. Took me about 50 attempts. I was so relieved when I finally go it.

08-31-2009, 07:47 AM
The leaderboard achievements in GRAW drove me insane. So much that I was hearing the menu theme out of nowhere (awake) and in my dreams while sleeping. That was scary.

Needless to say, I was very, very, VERY glad when I finished. Now I like the tune though.

Since so many people are boosting for the leaderboard achievement, I find it impossible to do. Even with boosting it will be terribly hard. :mad:

RadiantViper
08-31-2009, 08:22 AM
Going through CoD:WaW on Veteran. The amount of grenades in most levels is bad ... but on the second last level (forget the name) it's insane. One time I was playing and I had to keep moving for about 30 seconds straight because they kept throwing grenades with their magically perfect aim over and over ... must've been 20+ grenades. I'm on the last part and I still can't beat it.

Too many grenades + respawning enemies + nearly every enemy aims for you = me wanting to kill someone. I like the game but I am never buying another CoD game in my life because Veteran is absolutely retarded.

100% on Lego Batman is kinda driving me mad right now. I know I should stop wasting my time, but I've got a guide and 97%, so I'm sticking at it.

That damn ice slide/gates canister is gonna turn me into a Bane-style maniac soon though.

Yeah that one is ridiculous ... but funny enough I somehow managed to get it on my first replay through the level on Free Play. I was pretty relieved about that. Once you get that one there shouldn't be too many problems though, plus once you get that achievement to pop it will be worth it :)

Sha
08-31-2009, 08:32 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/416/UP1fFLk=.jpgScholar 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Correctly answer 3 questions about documentary films

Hate it, seriously hate it. Stuck on 975/1000 because of it.
A 6 in 1800 chance that you even get a documentary question.. :mad:

Made me dislike the whole game as well.
Did I mention yet that I hate it?

TheLastAntidote
08-31-2009, 03:42 PM
The achievement that drove me to insanity was "Aces High" from Mercenaries 2. It's the one where you have to capture (not kill) all 55 high value targets (HVT).

As if that wasn't already a pain in the balls, the HVT's would often do illogical shit that always got themselves killed. Not to mention how the game is glitched and that after you tie up the HVT, unless he's on your shoulders the whole time, he'll magically die just sitting there. Even if there's no one shooting at you...

Needless to say, this game blew anyways trying to get the full 1000g and it totally made me swear off ever playing another Mercenaries game. Even if Mercs 3 was amazing and won multiple awards for its superb-ness, I'd still say fuck off to the series.

Ok I'm done rambling...

iKhaotic
08-31-2009, 03:49 PM
CoD4's "No Fighting In The War Room"

cokix
08-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Such Joy Ambition Finds - Win a Domination victory on Deity difficulty.

It took me 6 days, playing 7 hours each days

Exogenesis
08-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Ohhh yeah.

I'm currently trying to get the Treasure Trove achievement for Lost Odyssey.
I need to find two more seeds, so I've been spending most of my time going through places I've already visited. :mad:

zishan07
08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
All of the achievements from Beijing 2008 are just crazily challenging. Hate them.

bradders1495
08-31-2009, 06:27 PM
probably The Collector level 14 or whatever form Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince.

I Got The Main Crests Pretty Easy But The Mini-Crest's Drove Me Insane, even with The Guide On This Website, It Was Sooooo Boring and Repetative. :mad: But Now I Have It So It Is All Good

Harry Potters 2000/2000G.

Unterofficer
08-31-2009, 06:29 PM

Really? I got this without any problems on my first try. Ok I had to use nuke, and I played "Beta Centauri", which is really easy as AI can't cheat himself advanced technology. If you played on normal game I can see why it could be hard.

captain host
08-31-2009, 10:51 PM

i can feel your pain mate.

seriously started to piss me off after 11k kill :p got it at 12k :woop:

StephenJ360
09-01-2009, 04:13 AM
Treasure Trove on Lost Odyssey...

I traded the game in the other day before even beating the final boss because the achievement made me so angry.

SaintKnight
09-01-2009, 04:26 AM
For me, the Crackdown orbs make me irritated. I haven't played the game for awhile cuz I am stuck at 499/500 Agility Orbs and 297/300 for Hidden Orbs. They are such a pain...

KSizzle
09-01-2009, 04:49 AM
I bought the game Trials HD today because I really enjoyed the demo but some of the hard and extreme tracks are driving me insane. There is also an achievement called marathon that makes me sick just thinking about attempting it.

Harrison101
09-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Beijing 2008 - Short Distance Hotshot and Sprint Powerhouse

You get them for doing 200m in 19.20 seconds and 100m in under 9.80 seconds respectively. The game actually ripped part of the skin off my hand off by waggiling the analog stick so hard. No s**t. Got them both in the end though.

Pheonix_Assassin
09-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Completing GoW1 on Insane =)

But i cracked it in the end :D

Stonna Smurf
09-02-2009, 08:31 AM
FIFA 09 Ultimate Team - World Champion

Everytime I got to the final my game always seemed to glitch on me, I missed open goals, hit the post countless times and conceded pinball effect style goals, It annoyed me so much I broke 2 controls, in the end I didn't want to waste more money so traded it in.

xEndriux
09-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Hexic HD pearl achievement are really insane.....I still don't have it

Shelton
09-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Exemplary on BF nearly drove me insane. Flying the Flag took me 5 days to 10 star. Other than that, Space Giraffe was pretty nuts. Once I finally unlocked Long-Necked Long March, I seriously seen and heard the enemies for a couple of hours afterwards. It was strange.

Two games that will drive me to the brink of my sanity are Virtua Tennis 3 and DOA4. Gold on all academy missions is near impossible and the survival achievements in DOA4 are absolute BS because of the AI.

Off topic, why was Setsuna banned? He seemed like a rather sensible, helpful guy...

thomasgeorge
09-02-2009, 01:34 PM
The achievement that drove me to insanity was "Aces High" from Mercenaries 2. It's the one where you have to capture (not kill) all 55 high value targets (HVT).

As if that wasn't already a pain in the balls, the HVT's would often do illogical shit that always got themselves killed. Not to mention how the game is glitched and that after you tie up the HVT, unless he's on your shoulders the whole time, he'll magically die just sitting there. Even if there's no one shooting at you...

Needless to say, this game blew anyways trying to get the full 1000g and it totally made me swear off ever playing another Mercenaries game. Even if Mercs 3 was amazing and won multiple awards for its superb-ness, I'd still say fuck off to the series.

Ok I'm done rambling...

LOL I know what you mean did the same for me needed 3 and one of them shot a rocket launcher at a house that was about 30 cm away from him and sent him flying out of sight

Barad
09-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm working on wining all 108 ranked races on GTA IV, I'v won about 50 and its the last achivement i need, its the one achievement that cant be boosted atleast not with me and my connection lol but man it is peeing me off like ******!

B1GgYsMA1lz
09-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Probabley the one thats driven me the most insane was 5/7 day survivor because both times i tried i made too like day 6 and one time my xbox got knocked off the shelf by my cat and the other time power outage so I cant reallybring myslf to try i again

Shelton
09-03-2009, 04:36 AM
Just to follow on from my previous post, currently the achievement which is driving me insane, really, is 20 seasons at one club in Football Manager 2006. It's not that the achievement is overly difficult, my problem lies in the games fucked up code. I've had 3 seperate save files where I've been around the 18th and 19th season yet the game decides to always freeze up/crash before I can make it to the 20! There is no way around it so I am forced to begin again. I only have so much patience and it is wearing thin at the moment.

Closing comment, fuck you Football Manager!

StolenPaper18
09-03-2009, 04:39 AM
Just the thought of achievements drive me insane. I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO GET THEM! Yet, I don't try very hard to get many of them....but still THE FEELING OF NEEDING THEM ALL IS THERE.

walkswithbears
09-03-2009, 11:05 AM
The Zamboni acheivement in NHL 2k9. I must have tried that like 100 times!!! I've even seen a youtube walkthrough and still can't get it!!!

B1GM13
09-03-2009, 11:10 AM
err...DiRT in general is quite annoying.

just the repetitvness of it. and winning the European Championship which is like 16 races is annoying, im yet to start on the other ones.

Telexen
09-03-2009, 11:15 AM
How did that achievement drive you insane? That was one of the funnest achievements on that game. It only took me like 2-3 weeks and it wasn't hard. Just a little bit time consuming..

It is not possible to get 10,002 kills in 3 weeks in this game. I'm playing it more than I can stand and I'm getting about 250-300 kills per DAY. Mind you this is while I'm off work for 3 weeks straight so I'm going most of the day. I'll be lucky if I'm done with it by the end of the month (Sept.)...which won't happen because I'm not skipping ODST for this game.

So far I'm at about 5800 kills...I'm over 127 hours into the multiplayer total. A lot of that was the awards, ...but I've tracked my stats since 5001 kills...I've put 10 hours into the last 800 kills...that's 80/hour. And no I don't suck...during this 800 kills my K/D is 1.84

To get 10,002 in 3 weeks at 80 kills/hour would be slightly under 6 hours per day. That's a pretty tough rate to keep for 6 hours a day though. Mind you this is actual gaming time...not the massive amount of time spent waiting for loading screens or switching maps because the game is so horribly designed.

HellzDream
09-03-2009, 11:17 AM
The Pt achievement for Prototype and that achievement on Resident Evil 5 that requires you to finish professional. They are both are extremely annoying.

itb72
09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
"Perfect" for PacMan.... so frustrating and difficult that i destroyed my wireless controller trying to complete this achievement. this was probably more challenging than Mile High Club. and yeah i feel like a idiot now... but a relieved and satisfied idiot. :drunk

Nozza XBA
09-03-2009, 11:30 AM

Heat? really?
I thought that was the easier than some of the others!

Mine would be either WaW Vet (gerande spammin) or iv got a feeling these Batman challenges are gonna annoy me a bit lol

Agent Earl
09-03-2009, 03:48 PM
overkill on halo 3......its the only online one i have left. makes no sense that i cant get it

DCDerekUSA
09-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Fallout 3 - Mill Worker
The game glitched on me when I only had 5 steel ingots left and I could not access them. It drove me nuts because it's one of the last achievements I need to 100% the game.

UMK3 - Ultimate
I hadn't played the game in forever and forgot how to beat Shao Khan. I spent hours and hours and hours only to fail. I used to own him back in the day now I just fail lol.

lordrex217
09-03-2009, 11:20 PM
the only game that has gotten me close is fable 2. trying to get those dolls and that chicken suit were miserable. while not necessarily hard, it was annoying/frustrating trying to get someone to help. in the mean time i just had to sit and wait until someone agreed to help.

Vendetta
09-03-2009, 11:25 PM
1K'ing Vesperia is going to drive me insane because getting all the titles as well as scanning every enemy with a magic lens to fill the book as well as synthesizing/buying/finding every item in the game is going to be tedious as all hell and knowing my nature I am going to flip out about freaking getting everything just like on treasure trove for Lost Odyssey. However this will be well worth it since Tales is the best RPG on the 360.

vetteindreams
09-04-2009, 01:17 AM
afro samurai - queens poker and number one headband - although i have queens now

RadiantViper
09-04-2009, 06:40 AM
1K'ing Vesperia is going to drive me insane because getting all the titles as well as scanning every enemy with a magic lens to fill the book as well as synthesizing/buying/finding every item in the game is going to be tedious as all hell and knowing my nature I am going to flip out about freaking getting everything just like on treasure trove for Lost Odyssey. However this will be well worth it since Tales is the best RPG on the 360.

Yeah, I'm gonna go for that one day too. But I've been putting it off cause even the method for grade farming seems annoying to start (I don't think I have all the items needed). But I'll get around to it one day, definitely.

Br0kenAssass1n
09-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Probabley the one thats driven me the most insane was 5/7 day survivor because both times i tried i made too like day 6 and one time my xbox got knocked off the shelf by my cat and the other time power outage so I cant reallybring myslf to try i again

You must have a strong/fat cat!

The Ultimate Team online cups are doing my nut. Unbalanced, stat driven game mode which allows a lotta bullshit.

Zorlance
09-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Beating Call of Duty 2 on Veteran took me months to do because I just couldn't stand that game. Beijing 2008 is turning out to be a nightmare too, and I cannot do some of the Portal challenges in The Orange Box. I've done everything except the challenges, I just can't get my head around them (least steps, etc).

Joey2594
09-04-2009, 06:39 PM
MILE HIGH CLUB. :uzi:

thomasgeorge
09-04-2009, 06:52 PM
I did mile high club in one go. I dont want to sound big headed but I thought it was easy

Joey2594
09-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I did mile high club in one go. I dont want to sound big headed but I thought it was easy

The first 2 tries I made it to the hostage, 1st time I didn't know you had to shoot him in the head, I was trying to be extremely careful so I wouldn't mess up.

Second time, I shoot the hostage. >.<

Then it took me 32094785743 tries to get to that part a third time and got it :D

(I know, I suck at CoD)

Shelton
09-05-2009, 02:01 AM
Yay! Persistence paid off. Finally have my 1000 in Football Manager. Fourth time lucky. Glad I can put the game to rest, and by rest I mean smash into a thousand pieces.

Co Miyavi
09-05-2009, 09:32 PM
The hardest one I have attempted so far is Mile High Club COD4 (finally got it though)

J Lew332
09-06-2009, 02:27 AM
I dont go for achievements that take an insane amout of time. I was going after the level 100 achievement for Gears 2 and I couldn't take it anymore. I dont mind achievements that are really difficult, like beating COD on veteran. I dont really have an achievment on my gamercard that takes a very long time, so I decided to try to go after level 100 and it really just ruined my liking for Gears 2, and it left a bad taste in my mouth for that game. Now if one of my friends wants to play Gears 2 I tell them thats the last game I want to play, and I dont want that to happen to me in another game, so I'm trying to stay away from achievements that take a long time to achieve.

Ortep
09-06-2009, 04:23 AM
The voices in my head say no.

Revolver
09-06-2009, 04:32 AM
The only achievements that are driving me wild at the moment are the damn Halo 3 meta game ones since I'm constantly getting killed by the stupid Arbiter with his damn grenades and it screws my time and score.

KSizzle
09-06-2009, 04:52 AM
The first 2 tries I made it to the hostage, 1st time I didn't know you had to shoot him in the head, I was trying to be extremely careful so I wouldn't mess up.

Just to comment on this and give you a pointer. When you get to the room with the hostage you can jump twice toward them to get a closer shot. It helped me get the achievement. Its not as bad as I thought it was. After hearing about it, I thought it was gonna be impossible.

For me it is def. complete the Xtreme tracks on Trials...I need like 2 of them and am completely stuck on them. I'm not even go for the marathon man one...

shocellist
09-06-2009, 07:45 AM
At the moment, "The Third Horseman" in CoD4. Heat on Veteran? I WILL COMPLETE IT.
Edit: I did it!

thomasgeorge
09-06-2009, 11:25 AM
I know hwat on cod 4 drove me insane try looking on youtube for video guides. worked for me

SuperNova X2X
09-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Indeed. Arkham Asylum's Combat challenges are driving me crazy, especially since I only have two left. I'm going to do them though, it's all about perseverance, I'm not giving up. Although I will probably end up with no controller by the end :p

Evolvr2006
09-06-2009, 05:49 PM
You know what surprised me is that no one mentioned the game Devil May Cry 4. I had to have put over 100 hours into that game and still don't have 1000. Don't get me wrong that it didn't bother me too much because I thoroughly enjoyed the game. But it was a crazy tedious game!!

ST3ALTH_93
09-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Heart of the reich drove me mad, took me 3days to do it!!!!
CoD5 sucks...

Kairi
09-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Rock Band's geat the Guitar Solo Career is driving me insane. I can't beat any of the impossible tier songs for some reason. D:

JesusBread
09-07-2009, 08:02 AM

I actually thought No Fighting in the War Room to be easier than Mile High Club. Watching the Youtube videos for it helped a lot. My second time through I was able to actually make it it with 7 seconds left on the clock, but I didn't die once, which I thought was awesome :).

As for games with hard achievements, I have a ton of them. Halo Wars, Gears 2, Rock Band 2, Left 4 Dead, Red Faction Guerilla(more time consuming that hard IMO) Shadowrun and I guess RE5 is somewhat "hard"... I just keep adding them to the list. I've been working on all of them, but the only one achievement I am making a lot of progress on is my General achievement in Halo Wars. I've been playing some Gears 2 a lot lately, but I'm only a level 49. That's like 7% of the way to level 100. Just ridiculous if you ask me.

Hoffasgrave
09-08-2009, 03:23 AM
What's really driving me insane is "keep off the sand" in half-life 2 :( I watch the video and everything but I got to a point where I gave up until another day lol.

that and the bodyarmor in crackdown.. lol most likely more then that but there the first that come to mind

ApochWeiss
09-08-2009, 03:35 AM
SOULCALIBUR IV
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/460/UP2RfKE=.jpgTOWER'S NEW GUARDIAN (30)
Clear all upper floors of TOWER OF LOST SOULS.

You can ask DMF087 about this one. It drove me absolutely freakin' nuts. I honestly couldn't sleep for two nights because of it, and when I did I tossed and turned, and I actually woke up once to find I was playing an imaginary 360 controller haha. I forget how long it took to get that achievement, I just remember I walked away, saying to hell with it, I'll try at a later date, and I think two days later I caved and said fuck it, I'll try it again, and in one shot cleared the thing. I was so happy, but yet more pissed off at the fact that I couldn't do it in the beginning after spending 3 days mastering my custom character, and then out of nowhere completely obliterate the damned Tower.

I remember my 360 controller soaring across the room and slamming against one of my many CD racks...

SIDE NOTE: This is only slightly off topic, but I recently rented Guitar Hero 5. I have no net for two weeks so DMF087 and I were playing it together at my place. One of our favorite bands had a song on there. Demon(s) by Darkest Hour. We played it I don't know how many times in a row, only to get 4 stars. I'll be honest, I was getting pissed off when I saw her stop playing and hear a very faint itchy! behind me. The song literally was mocking me, we kept getting closer but failing. It pissed me off so damned bad I was almost seeing red haha. Pack of sadists I say! I honestly had to go back and play it once more myself to get the 5 stars so I could go to bed.

You know what surprised me is that no one mentioned the game Devil May Cry 4. I had to have put over 100 hours into that game and still don't have 1000. Don't get me wrong that it didn't bother me too much because I thoroughly enjoyed the game. But it was a crazy tedious game!!

I kind of gave up on the game, honestly. I did my one run through, began a second...I dunno, after one play through I grow weary of the games, except DMC1. The achievements in that are absolutely insane haha. I plan to go back to it and try for 1000 at some point though, which is why I still have it. I don't want to part with it anyway since I got the collector's edition, though I think I parted with Jericho and I swore I wouldn't, I'm a fan of Clive Barker. Gotta check. I could get all the achievements if I set my mind to it, it's just the damned tower is what is pissing me off. It's Soulcalibur IV all over again!!!

MA91CMAN
09-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Seriously on Gears of War. 30,000 (3:1 of required) kills and still no achievement...I still play GoW though, it's fun xD

Veteran
09-08-2009, 04:18 AM
Seriously on Gears of War. 30,000 (3:1 of required) kills and still no achievement...I still play GoW though, it's fun xD

Unlucky, I got it this march at 10,400. Such a satisfying achievement.

Derrock
09-08-2009, 05:18 AM
Suprised no one has mentioned the Halo 3 Vidmaster: Annual achievement yet. I've tried to get it a couple of times now, but no achievement unlocks when I finish =( I don't understand why either. Anybody else have problems with this achievement?

Hitchman
09-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Nothing Special in Left 4 Dead. . . driving me nuts, so i had to take a break. Tough achievement

Zorlance
09-08-2009, 10:59 AM
What's really driving me insane is "keep off the sand" in half-life 2 :( I watch the video and everything but I got to a point where I gave up until another day lol.

That one wasn't too bad, you just have to be very patient. Only thing I have left to do in The Orange Box are the Portal achievements, I can't stand that game.

Jesus, me and the guys I boosted with all got it around 12,000. One guy got it at 19,000 but he played the game legit quite a lot which screwed with his numbers.

Rasjr12
09-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Mile High only because I think I've done it 4 or 5 times for different friends

Also in Civ. Revolution for gettin all the different types of wins on the hardest difficulty

ch9209live
09-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Suprised no one has mentioned the Halo 3 Vidmaster: Annual achievement yet. I've tried to get it a couple of times now, but no achievement unlocks when I finish =( I don't understand why either. Anybody else have problems with this achievement?

did you have 4 players over LIVE and did you play on legendary, with Iron skull on?

RetroHolo
09-08-2009, 11:53 AM
I've been playing some Gears 2 a lot lately, but I'm only a level 49. That's like 7% of the way to level 100. Just ridiculous if you ask me.

Level 49 would be 49% of the way to level 100.

Level 49 would be 7% of the way to level 700 (which would be ridiculous!)

On Topic: I think Rolled Over in GTAIV (where you have to get the car to roll more than 5 times from one crash) drove me insane, it took me a stupid amount of time to get. I would always manage to roll 4 times and lose momentum, or hit a lamppost or something. :p

Unterofficer
09-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Also in Civ. Revolution for gettin all the different types of wins on the hardest difficulty
Try scenarios. Lighting Round for science, and Beta Centauri for rest. Got them all in first try.

prowlerdante
09-08-2009, 01:24 PM
http://www.trueachievements.com/taimages/0000116100/116159.jpg Demolition Expert 15G
Awarded for completing 1500 multiplayer games.

I've been boosting this solid since Saturday night, even leaving my box on for like 2 days while sleeping/idling for friends as we'd take turns capturing in Kingmaker matches. I must be close, at least in the 100-200 games left range.

Beha
09-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Absolutely the Epilogue achievement on CoD4. It is THE ONLY achievement I have left, and I can't get it for the life of me.

Zorlance
09-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Level 49 would be 49% of the way to level 100.

Level 49 would be 7% of the way to level 700 (which would be ridiculous!)

I'm not sure if you're joking or what, but it's not exactly a secret that in terms of total experience required, level 49 is nowhere near 50% of the way to level 100. In terms of actual levels, technically it is, but not in reality.

I'm level 82 and so just barely past 50%. Ugh.

RetroHolo
09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
I was joking, sadly it wasn't funny!

I'm only level 30 and it makes me cry to think I'm probably not even 5% of the way there. Eesh.

thomasgeorge
09-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Absolutely the Epilogue achievement on CoD4. It is THE ONLY achievement I have left, and I can't get it for the life of me.

what achievment is this I will try to help you

VladimirK
09-08-2009, 06:10 PM
what achievment is this I will try to help you

I think he means Mile High Club.

MissMorphine
09-08-2009, 06:56 PM
yeah. ones that come to mind are. beat carrer with all instruments on GHWT and zombie genocide on L4D.

KFZ Scrubs
09-08-2009, 08:09 PM
As of right now..... beating RV2 on hard ( the level where you're by yourself is so damn hard) and the time trials and story mode timed in mirrors edge.

master_shake_350
09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
I am trying to get the achievements in Crash Of The Titans for hard mode. I always get to the end of the level and then I just die and have to start the level again. Its really irritating me.

Raider
09-08-2009, 08:51 PM
FEAR, all the IA maps on extreme. Got it but it broke me.

RetroHolo
09-08-2009, 09:35 PM
The Hammer Strikes on COD:WAW. Having to beat the level Their Land, Their Blood on Veteran. It's that bloody grenade spam, infinite spawn trench part with the next checkpoint under a bridge. It has literally taken me about 4 months of on off playing to finally make a breakthrough and finish that level. Definetly driven me insane!

Derrock
09-09-2009, 01:10 AM
did you have 4 players over LIVE and did you play on legendary, with Iron skull on?
Yes sir, I did. But after about 4 hours of scrutinizing death and chaos. No Achievement :(

Daiphyer.
09-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Yes sir, I did. But after about 4 hours of scrutinizing death and chaos. No Achievement :(

You were all in ghosts right ?
I got mine when we finished the level came back to the menu, and it was like after 20 seconds of silent fear finally it popped up.

Derrock
09-09-2009, 05:30 AM
You were all in ghosts right ?
I got mine when we finished the level came back to the menu, and it was like after 20 seconds of silent fear finally it popped up.
Yup Ghosts, Iron Skull, 4 Player Co-op. I had it all. two or three times now. I've read you do need to wait a while after you finish though (like you said, 20 seconds) I'll try that next time I guess. *Cross Fingers*

Parkerktm
09-09-2009, 06:20 AM
Platinum Plus in PGR4.

Very few people have it and TBH it took hours. Usually when I was not connected to live or my internet was down I would try to spend some time trying to knock out the last two events that I needed to beat. Finally one day, I was itching to the full 1250 so bad and spent a few hours on it. I told myself if I don't get it in the next 5 tries I'm down for the night, on the 3rd try I ran a bad first lap but for some reason made up time in the last section was was able to beat it by 0.36 Seconds.

There was a lot of fist pumping that night!

SmokinSama69
09-09-2009, 06:21 AM
What drives me insane is the amount of hours I have to put into games like Lost Odyssey to get all of the achievements. I'm around 65 hours right now and still only have 715 GS. Damn Treasure Trove :mad:

09-09-2009, 06:28 AM
What drives me insane is the amount of hours I have to put into games like Lost Odyssey to get all of the achievements. I'm around 65 hours right now and still only have 715 GS. Damn Treasure Trove :mad:

Whats the Treasure Trove about? That's keeping you from your 1000GS?

SmokinSama69
09-09-2009, 06:33 AM
Whats the Treasure Trove about? That's keeping you from your 1000GS?

Treasure Trove - 20G
Obtain all Treasure Box items in the field. The items you missed may be available at auction houses.

When they say items you missed, it means items you missed in areas that you can no longer visit. And because I missed some accessory items in a few areas that I can still get to I can't get all of the skills on my immortal characters which is keeping me from 4 other achievements. Anyway it's damn annoying. lol

09-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Ah that sucks. No offense at all, but I can't see how people can play that game. I mean I played the demo and it gave me no directions or anything. I was just jogging through a mall-shaped-place just staring at other players, selling stuff. And it takes forever to type a message in that game! I just don't see how that game can be fun. That's just my opinion. :o

SmokinSama69
09-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Ah that sucks. No offense at all, but I can't see how people can play that game. I mean I played the demo and it gave me no directions or anything. I was just jogging through a mall-shaped-place just staring at other players, selling stuff. And it takes forever to type a message in that game! I just don't see how that game can be fun. That's just my opinion. :o

I don't think you're talking about the same game lol. You don't type messages or sell stuff in mall shaped places. It's a JRPG type game, and RPGs are my favorite type of game.

Rasjr12
09-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Beating Gears on Insane is giving me and friend some issues so far.

Unterofficer
09-09-2009, 12:47 PM
As of right now..... beating RV2 on hard ( the level where you're by yourself is so damn hard)
Yeah that mission is totaly stupid and a stupid sidestep from the games atmosphere. Suggest you play it through on co-op, as another person doubles your firepower, and you have one "get out of jail" -card as long as both of you are alive.

Arrival12345
10-19-2009, 04:22 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/629/s36=.jpgSeriously 2.0
50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Kill 100,000 enemies (any mode)

Phate LLD
10-19-2009, 04:27 AM
Lately Vidmaster: Endure has driven me insane. Went to the fourth round, second set, last wave and just completely got screwed over.

D.A.N.
10-19-2009, 04:40 AM
There are many achievements that have rocked my world.

Halo 3 - Two For One - This achievement is something that is just way, way too specific. Killing two people with a single spartan laser shot should be enough. You can get that on any old warthog or even do it in any playlist. But the specifics of having to do it in a ranked playlist, not just any ranked playlist, but a ranked free for all playlist, makes this the most annoying thing ever. Lone Wolves is alright for Halo nooblets, but once you know how to play the game it is the least fun, most annoying, worst playlist of them all. I have killed two people with one spartan laser shot numerous times, but I can never do it in FFA. It's a sick joke that this is worth five gamerscore, it's the least Halo 3 achievement I need, my LW rank is too high to find someone to boost with, and the fact that the way 90% of people play LW is just to camp with shotguns...ugh.

Halo 3 ODST - Vidmaster Endure - I only tried this a couple times. But each time, the same person in the game died when we were at the end of the third set about two hours into it. X_X

Blazblue - 200 Trials - I played...six hundred freaking ranked matches. That means four hundred times this achievement didn't unlock when it should have. It is the only achievement I'm missing on Blazblue, but since it's glitched and the game didn't really have lasting value, I just sold it.

Fable 2 - Dollcatcher - This is just stupid. Let's make an achievement that requires you to collect things. Alright, I'll bite. Let's make an achievement where you have to collect things that require some online mingling. Uhh, go on. Alright, let's make an achievement where you have to collect things that only every individual Fable player can get one of without asking another Fable player for. There's two hero dolls you can get by normal means in the game and the third you get from going to the Fable 2 website. You just have to be lucky in finding someone who will get you the dolls but it seems like no kind of progression towards that has ever happened. Now I don't know much about Fable 2's online, but I think someone with all the dolls could just save their game before giving them to someone, and essentially duplicate items. I don't know why people haven't tried this because boosting it is ridiculous.

Mycatisbigfoot
10-19-2009, 05:28 AM
Lego Indi

Going past german doors and taking objects from others,

I can not get them!!!!! UGH!!!!

aussiegamer
10-19-2009, 05:44 AM
Tower Of Lost Souls - Soul Caliber IV.

Clearing Insane mode on Gears 2 at the moment is a pain aswell. Thank god for NextGenWalkthroughs.com

KillerBEA
10-19-2009, 06:13 AM
The concierge in Fable 2 :gsicon:30
especially the demon door requiring you to dress like a buffoon
and escorting 10 civilians through wraithmarsh was so annoying
------------------RIP 15 random civilians

KillerBEA
10-19-2009, 08:46 AM

l know what you mean i got mile high on my third try! i only tried to get because i heard it was tough

thomasgeorge
10-19-2009, 06:05 PM
One of the levels on brutal legend is hard

Bl0oDiE H3dSh0t
10-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Go get some sun - Call of duty, all that time and work... for 0g? :@:@:@

LethalLiamKenna
10-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Item collector and ALL of the bloody palace achievents from Devil May Cry 4. One that is annoying me at the moment is 14 hit combo on Prince of Persia; I just cant do it, at all :(