PDA

View Full Version : Face Off #17 - Semi Final - Mercer vs Minty vs Freeman

Psycho Chickan
08-30-2009, 09:45 PM
For information on the battle structure and results of other face offs visit
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150344 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150344)

http://www.haldane.id.au/Chickan/x360a/FaceOff/Round_17_Title.jpg

SEMI FINALS!!!

It's the final round of the semis and the winnner from this match will go head to head with Darth Vader FTW. For those of you still unfamiliar with Minty he is the admin of admins and the avatar behind the man behind the voice on the x360a podcast (which is overdue btw Minty :) ). Please refer to previous rounds for a list of Minty's skills in the vs fight and use the links below for the other characters.

Winner decided after 1 weeks polling.

Click here for more information on Mercer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prototype_(video_game)#Alex_J._Mercer.2FZEUS) or here for the Giant Bomb site (http://www.giantbomb.com/alex-mercer/94-3056/)

Click here for more information on Minty (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=442) or here to view his Xbox Live Profile (requires sign on) (http://live.xbox.com/en-AU/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=minty+x360a)

Click here for more information on Gordon Freeman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Freeman)

For information on the battle structure and results of other face offs visit
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150344 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150344)

Xterma
08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
minty FTW !!

i hate freeman

VladimirK
08-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Follow Freeman!
(Right enough, anyone who says that seems to get owned by Combine 2 minutes later). :p

Alice in Wonderland
08-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Mercer all the way !

Coadster1
08-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Minty FTW!!!

Minty
08-30-2009, 11:30 PM
*cough* forum awards *cough*

J.Waddo
08-31-2009, 12:03 AM

Woooo!!! Go Minty!! Yeah!!! Kick ass!!!:woop:

:p

Dz06lt
08-31-2009, 12:11 AM
freeman .

SaintKnight
08-31-2009, 12:18 AM
Wow, hardly any love for Mercer? Seems like the underdog...don't worry Alex, I'm rooting for you!

safemachine08
08-31-2009, 12:41 AM
minty all the way

Th33Troop33r
08-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Go mercer!!!

Fizzmatix
08-31-2009, 01:12 AM

Does mine come in the form of a cookie?, would be nice :d.

TheVoidRose
08-31-2009, 03:02 AM
I didn't know what a Minty was, and I hated Second Life- I mean Half Life. So I voted Alex Mercer! You people that pick minty are just playing favoritism, I picked who would actually win if they were all side by side.. by side.

Gorilla Stomper
08-31-2009, 03:57 AM
Mercer all the way, thinking freeman would win is insane troll logic

I didn't know what a Minty was, and I hated Second Life- I mean Half Life. So I voted Alex Mercer! You people that pick minty are just playing favoritism, I picked who would actually win if they were all side by side.. by side.

They might not be side by side by side, maybe they're back to back to back and dividing by zero :p

Minty
08-31-2009, 01:14 PM

What, like the one person who exists and would just turn off the console running the other two?? They aren't real...

Daiphyer.
08-31-2009, 01:28 PM
While freeman and mercer are fighting in City 17, Minty comes in his bedroom with a cup of coffee and shuts down the xbox 360, destroying both Freeman and Mercer :D

Cacky
08-31-2009, 01:31 PM

Those two words have greatly influenced my decision. I'm going with Minty. :p

master_shake_350
08-31-2009, 02:37 PM

Do you have a Crowbar? No? Then I vote Freeman.

CunningFox
08-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Too much pressure.... must crack...... ugh...

Minty! Minty! Minty!

J0shUK
08-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Minty because the only thing he has to do to defeat the others is turn off the console/PC.

Sizzlebuzz
08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Looks like minty is going to win this one. Even though on the competitions without him in it, people fight over every single word typed.

I voted for Mercer. I don't know who he is, but I personally think Freeman is a hooker.

martdude16
08-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Freeman! He is a virtual Chuck Norris.

Purge
08-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Freeman would win, but I voted Minty.

Gorilla Stomper
08-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Freeman! He is a virtual Chuck Norris.

Freeman aint got shit on chuck norris

Sizzlebuzz
08-31-2009, 09:15 PM
What is so great about Freeman? Is it because he wears a pretty lame suit? Is it because he can use a shotgun or an assualt rifle? Is it because he has glasses?

I still fail to see the appeal.

Everytime freeman is up against someone, everyone says he's the greatest and such. I played the game. He barely did anything =\. I mean, aiming and firing is pretty cool. But still...

Daiphyer.
08-31-2009, 09:19 PM
I think he should've put Alyx instead of Freeman, Alyx is so much cooler.

Porpoise King
08-31-2009, 09:19 PM
Ohai. *waits for forum award*

oRedBull
08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Alex mercer absorbs Freeman, then Alex and Minty duel it out for over 562 hours until minty gets thrown over the horizon by Mercer, never to be seen again.

CunningFox
08-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Alex mercer absorbs Freeman, then Alex and Minty duel it out for over 562 hours until minty gets thrown over the horizon by Mercer, never to be seen again.

But Minty is 50 feet tall and has superpowers!

(Source may not be accurate)

Psycho Chickan
08-31-2009, 11:13 PM
Do you have a Crowbar? No? Then I vote Freeman.

I've never understood people's love of this crowbar. It's just a melee weapon same as in every FPS (especially condemned :) ). Minty could no doubt aquire a crowbar and Mercer could absorb Freeman therefore becoming him with his crowbar.

So the answer to "do you have a crowbar?" is yes either character could easily get a crowbar. :)

I have a really strong feeling that Minty's going to win this competition overall as you're all achievement whores who are ganking for that forum trophy he's promising :) If this were a real fight (remember it's Minty's avatar they're fighting not the real Minty) then Mercer would annihalate them both! Even with all the new over priced POS avatar addons for people with too much expendable income won't help Mr Minty. Freeman would only win if he had a little luck and got "pulled out of the world" by his suited friend ;)

Pheonix_Assassin
08-31-2009, 11:23 PM
Mercer could transform his arm and destroy both of them =) Mercer FTW!

Xterma
09-01-2009, 12:08 AM
i was the first person to say MINTY and it looks like its gonna stand that way !!!!

master_shake_350
09-01-2009, 01:27 AM
I've never understood people's love of this crowbar. It's just a melee weapon same as in every FPS (especially condemned :) ). Minty could no doubt aquire a crowbar and Mercer could absorb Freeman therefore becoming him with his crowbar.

So the answer to "do you have a crowbar?" is yes either character could easily get a crowbar. :)

I have a really strong feeling that Minty's going to win this competition overall as you're all achievement whores who are ganking for that forum trophy he's promising :) If this were a real fight (remember it's Minty's avatar they're fighting not the real Minty) then Mercer would annihalate them both! Even with all the new over priced POS avatar addons for people with too much expendable income won't help Mr Minty. Freeman would only win if he had a little luck and got "pulled out of the world" by his suited friend ;)

I personally <3 crowbars! I think I have issues if I do though.

Well that means Mr. Minty will have to buy a crowbar and it won't look as cool as Freeman's because his was free and his has headcrab droppings on it.

People are only voting for Minty so that they might be getting a non-existent badge saying "Ass-kisser".

Mercer, I don't know but I will give him a hug if I see him so he can engulf me and we can be one happy bunny and stop wrecking everything.

martdude16
09-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Freeman aint got shit on chuck norris

Freeman 'got shit' on Chuck Norris.

Wait that doesn't sound right.....

CunningFox
09-01-2009, 12:21 PM

Well that means Mr. Minty will have to buy a crowbar and it won't look as cool as Freeman's because his was free and his has headcrab droppings on it.

People are only voting for Minty so that they might be getting a non-existent badge saying "Ass-kisser".

Mercer, I don't know but I will give him a hug if I see him so he can engulf me and we can be one happy bunny and stop wrecking everything.

Hey I would love a badge that says Ass-Kisser. It would be the crowning achievement of my life so far.

Jappe XBA
09-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Come on guys.. Freeman 4 Life!

Daiphyer.
09-01-2009, 01:00 PM

I only voted for Minty because Freeman has no personality, and I hate Mercer.
AND even after I voted for him, I saw his post that said Badges ... !
Get your facts right.

Psycho Chickan
09-02-2009, 04:42 AM
Get your facts right.

Shit I forgot about the "who I like factor". That's always important in a theoretical vs fight because skillz don't matter at all :)

PS : Kudos to Mr martdude16. One of the funniest posts I've seen in a while :)

martdude16
09-02-2009, 01:01 PM

Haha, I do try. :p

Also, I can't believe Vader made it to the final!

master_shake_350
09-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Hey I would love a badge that says Ass-Kisser. It would be the crowning achievement of my life so far.

Get your facts right.

Didn't know you guys had such small E-penis's! :P

Still sticking with Freeman, for all we know Minty could be a drone!

Vendetta
09-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Minty! FTW!

KSizzle
09-02-2009, 07:22 PM
lol, what's with these polls?

I voted Minty because he carries the best weapon of them all...The Banhammer

KFZ Scrubs
09-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Minty FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

HellzDream
09-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Mercer and a devestator... Enough said... Go Mercer! :woop:

LMC1
09-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Minty tbf.

Daiphyer.
09-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Shit I forgot about the "who I like factor". That's always important in a theoretical vs fight because skillz don't matter at all :)

I don't LIKE minty because I don't KNOW him.
About the powers, I told you all he needs to do is shut down the TV, even his avatar can do it.

Gackt
09-03-2009, 01:15 PM
lol Minty...you voted for yourself!

Vendetta
09-04-2009, 04:51 AM
lol, what's with these polls?

I voted Minty because he carries the best weapon of them all...The Banhammer

And dont forget Minty can hit the power button the xbox and pwn both Mercer & Freeman ;)

Psycho Chickan
09-04-2009, 06:39 AM
And dont forget Minty can hit the power button the xbox and pwn both Mercer & Freeman ;)

Ah but haven't you seen lawnmower man?! He's in the internet man! You can't turn em all off :woop:

Hitchman
09-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Mercer. . . he's a shapeshifting, killing motherf----r!!!

RedstaR
09-04-2009, 12:21 PM
*Minty pushes power button*

Minty wins!