PDA

View Full Version : ring around my disc

duffy 91
01-29-2007, 10:43 PM
My brother were playing gears of war until we got to a certain section of the game to hear the console kinda "powering off" i took the disc and low and below a big dirty ring around the disc im absolutely annoyed now the xbox now cause if i another one off them it will be my 5th xbox. at this rate ill be getting a ps3

TheMollywhopper
01-29-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm on my 5th box and it's been making some dastardly sounds the last couple of weeks... I feel your pain, but don't give up!

Cyrex
01-30-2007, 12:38 AM
that my friend is just the game:) , same thing happened to me for COD 2 & 3 sometimes its just the game or the way the disk is made, you just have to return it to the store and say the game was scratched

DanteSparda504
01-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Normally when a Xbox makes a ring like that on a disc it means the Xbox was somehow moved and the ring can easily be fixed that happened to my Saints Row disc but I fixed it just use a car buffer and once you are done the disc looks brand new!

duffy 91
01-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Hmm...I have the game since Christmas. I don't think gamestop will help me in anyway. I don't know what do and I'm afraid to put in another disc into the console in case it wrecks that too.

Ex_Vee
02-01-2007, 03:44 AM
Well, that sucks. I personally haven't had any problems, overheating, disc wreckage, nothing. Lucky me I guess.

eXiled Killah
02-01-2007, 04:04 AM
Well, that sucks. I personally haven't had any problems, overheating, disc wreckage, nothing. Lucky me I guess.

Damn skippy - lucky you! Personally I'm on my 3rd xbox AND RR6, Gow, and Import Tuner are ALL cracked - at the center!! And this is only the very first year of the system. I've NEVER EVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS CLOSE TO THIS MANY FOR ANY OTHER SYSTEM - EVER!!!!! Closest thing was with the PS1, where I had to flip the unit on its side to be able to play Resident Evil. And I never had a cracked disc before either - and thats including my PC - and I'm 39! so I've seen a good share of discs;)