PDA

View Full Version : Songs You Wish Were on a Guitar Hero Game

v SnOwMaN v
09-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Well I play GTA4 a lot and like to just ride around sometimes and listen to the radio. Well every time I get on that game and hit a certain channel and this song comes on and the whole time I am just nodding my head because I think it's a great song for some reason. Anyways the song I would like to see on there would be:

Electric Light Orchestra- Evil Woman

Pretty sure yall heard it before if you play GTA a lot.

YouTube - Electric Light Orchestra- Evil Woman

xl RETRO
09-01-2009, 06:45 AM
If there were a Guitar Hero: Bloc Party, my dreams will have had come true. But yeah, Bloc Party would be my favourite artist to do a Guitar Hero. As for individual songs, some of the golden oldies would be nice, maybe a little JET in there, and ELO would be awesome.

Baalbamoth
09-01-2009, 10:24 AM
ARCTIC MONKEYS!!! some older ones like i bet you look good on the dancefloor and old yellow bricks or a newer one like crying lightning would be amazing

VladimirK
09-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Guitar Hero: Pink Floyd would be amazing, especially if you could get David Gilmour's solo stuff as DLC.

Plus it would be guitar only, not singing and drums.

Faithxchaos
09-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Guitar Hero: Pink Floyd would be amazing, especially if you could get David Gilmour's solo stuff as DLC.

Plus it would be guitar only, not singing and drums.

I think if they made a Guitar Hero: Pink Floyd I may actually be tempted to play! Not really ever been interested in the Guitar Hero or Rock Band type games, but a Pink Floyd one would be awesome!

Teh BeZ
09-01-2009, 11:35 AM
I would just like alot more complex songs :P not nessaserally harder jsut more movement than the same chords patterm songs over and over :P

a bias answer i would i jsut want more heavy music-so that when the above happens i dont get bored :P

Daiphyer.
09-01-2009, 01:05 PM
I want Kid Rock, more Linkin park, Michael Jackson, Saliva, Rev. theory, and LostProphets. That would be a Dream-Come-True game.

velho lobodomar
09-01-2009, 01:13 PM
naming just five:

riot - thundersteel - that would be an amazingly hard song for the last tier;
grim reaper - fear no evil
sepultura - from the past comes the storms
coroner - masked jackal - another great last tier song
iron maiden - the duellists

KFZ Scrubs
09-01-2009, 02:10 PM
I know Dethklok will never get their own game, but at least make some freaking DLC for them!

Angry Tom
09-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Machine Head - Blood of the Zodiac

That is all.

bobocum
09-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Jon Bovi - It's My Life

Stonna Smurf
09-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Agree with Baalbamoth
Would like to see Hysteria/Time Is Running Out and Stockholm Syndrome from Muse

Logiistics
09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Well id like,

Queens of the stone age
MORE Muse
MORE Linkin Park
Bloc Party
Iron Maiden
MORE MORE MORE Killers
Kaiser Chiefs
MGMT

And loads more.

Tbh i reckon the set list on GH4 was shit, GH5 seems a bit better.

thomasgeorge
09-02-2009, 03:29 PM
iron maiden
bullet
sepultrua

dakisbac
09-02-2009, 09:23 PM
There are plenty of songs that I'd want to play because I love the song, although realistically playing them would be boring as hell. The Linkin Park songs in the games so far are a good example... great songs but not fun at all to play.

That said, I'd love to see some Breaking Benjamin

Crimson Ridley
09-02-2009, 09:37 PM
That said, I'd love to see some Breaking Benjamin

Yes, yes, I agree, YES! I AGREE!

Erm... yeah, I agree, we need some Breaking Benjamin, we've only had the Diary of Jane on Rock Revolution, and even though it was a cover, it was enough to make me wet my pants with willy milk. So some actual tracks from them would probably make me implode and shower the whole town with willy milk.

ThaFireman
09-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Led Zeppelin - The Ocean
Nine Inch Nails - Discipline

shilbo-assassin
09-02-2009, 11:19 PM
The Verve, Michael Jackson, old Oasis stuff, Pulp, the Strokes, BRMC.

Always wished they'd do some of these, know it's about aquiring licenses but still. Only about 2 tunes on GH3 I actually liked. Probably cos it was Rock haha. If these are on a GH let me know!

Tom115
09-02-2009, 11:20 PM
If there were a Guitar Hero: Bloc Party, my dreams will have had come true. But yeah, Bloc Party would be my favourite artist to do a Guitar Hero. As for individual songs, some of the golden oldies would be nice, maybe a little JET in there, and ELO would be awesome.
ARCTIC MONKEYS!!! some older ones like i bet you look good on the dancefloor and old yellow bricks or a newer one like crying lightning would be amazing Yeah, see I love these bands and this type of music. But do you not think GH:BP or GH:AM would be a bit boring? I mean, the fun about Guitar Hero is the fun solos... and well, they don't have many, not that I can think of, anyway.

xymon81
09-03-2009, 08:50 AM
led zeppelin: kashmir
weezer: hashpipe
chevelle
killswitch
sum 41
godsmack

CaptainSpanner
09-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Sepultura - Inner Self
Exodous - Shovel Headed Kill Machine
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
Lamb Of God - Omerta
Silent Civilian - Rebirth Of The Temple
Silent Civilian - Force Fed

Tose Songs Would Make A Game.

litepink
09-03-2009, 09:03 AM
i want a TRUE sequel to GH3. meaning--> Guitars Only. Vocals and Drums are nice, but I would love for Guitar Hero to return to its true glory.

shocellist
09-03-2009, 09:13 AM
i want a TRUE sequel to GH3. meaning--> Guitars Only. Vocals and Drums are nice, but I would love for Guitar Hero to return to its true glory.

I'd be COMPLETELY up for this. Guitar Hero should stay Guitar Hero, and Band Hero can be Band hero. Maybe. I think I'd prefer Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

How about some Dream Theater? I think they're pretty underrated.

TheVoidRose
09-03-2009, 08:18 PM
It's funny every song I wish were on Guitar Hero turned up on Rock Band, I am running out of songs for them to add.. all the great ones are already there Minus, ya know.. more Paramore!

Porpoise King
09-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Anything with Paul Gilbert. Mr. Big, Racer X, I don't care. Just give me something!

Chrono180
09-03-2009, 10:04 PM
I want some Weird Al!

v_thorne
09-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Here, I will compile a realistic list (well known songs) that I would love to see.

H.I.M - Anything... at all.

Amon Amarth - The Pursuit of Vikings
Guardians of Asgard
Fate of Norns

Cattle Decapitation - A Body Farm

Cradle of Filth - Nymphetamine

Hole - Violet

In Flames - Leeches

L7 - Diet Pill
Shit List

Marilyn Manson - The Dope Show
Rock is Dead

Mudhoney - Touch Me, I'm Sick

Nine Inch Nails - The Wretched

Placebo - Anything at all.

Judivarious
09-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Honest answer, I wish there were no songs on Guitar Hero and they were all on Rock Band, unless you're talking about the Guitar Hero thats ONLY a guitar/bass.

uneasy ash
10-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Rammstien- Ich Will
HIM- Buried Alive By Love
Pink Floydd- Another Brick In The Wall (would settle for the Korn cover too)
Placebo- Pure Morning
Kasabian-Anything it's all good
And pretty much everything on my Ipod except Alanis Morisette (I don't know how that got there...Honest!)

Oh Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds in its entirety (more chance of knitting fog on that one but hey ho I can hope)

monkeyhappy
10-13-2009, 10:58 PM
I'd like to see some Manic Street Preachers definitely as I don't think any have had any songs on them, some Killing Joke, more Genesis, more Smashing Pumpkins and more Alice in Chains.

If they were all included on a list of songs on one of them, I might buy one again. The last I had was Guitar Hero II for the PS2.

AMERICANZ0MBIE
11-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Queensryche - The Needle Lies
Queensryche - Empire
Queensryche - The Lady Wore Black
Trivium - Shogun
Trivium - Kirisute Gomen
Metallica - My Friend Of Misery
Iniquity - The Bullets Breathe
Sepultura - Territory
Racer X - Technical Difficulties
Some more Dio
Some more Slayer

I could go on and on.

The Maggot 55
11-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Disturbed - Hell
Disturbed - Breathe
More Disturbed ;D

I'd like to see some more Slipknot tbh; Before I Forget isn't their best song; I'd give that to Duality for one. Plus, I'd love to see Dead Memories. Plus, more Bullet and this time from the first album; the second album is nowhere near as good. Two thumbs up for Her Voice Resides.

And to finish my list, some more Korn, Iron Maiden, some Shinedown, Stone Sour, more System of a Down and Bloodhound Gang ;D

Starstrukk X360A
11-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Taylor Swift, Kellie Pickler, and Lady Antebellum for Rock Band :] At least one song, please. I'd mention Miranda Lambert too but I already have one of her songs (Although "White Liar" would be amazing.)

bapae
11-05-2009, 07:49 PM
All the tool songs and more rush

Panda
11-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven.

boblosanchez
11-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Taylor Swift already has 3 songs in Band Hero.

I'd love Pink Floyd as either RB or GH.

I'd want to see this song in either franchise. Amazing.
YouTube- Paul Gilbert - Scarified

Murn
11-06-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm pretty sure a Slayer based music game would be pure awesome in physical form. Don't care if it's Guitar Hero or Rock Band, 'cause it's SLAYER for christs sake!

Beatonator
11-06-2009, 10:03 AM
These would be for Rockband... (I know a few have been released on GH, but not all.)

Silverstein - Several of these guys would ROCK!:woop:
MxPx - Punk Rawk Show, My Life Story, Chick Magnet
Def Leppard - Rocket
Limp Bizkit - Live songs from Download festival 09!
The Eagles - Tequila Sunrise, Hotel California
Gary Moore - Story of the Blues
Dire Straits - Money for nothing, Sultans of swing
Pink Floyd - A good selection... Marooned would have to be in there...

:woop:

specVjavi
11-06-2009, 03:14 PM
MORE COHEED AND CAMBRIA!! In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth:3 and 21:13 would be awesome tracks to play.

safc15
11-06-2009, 06:18 PM
ARCTIC MONKEYS!!! some older ones like i bet you look good on the dancefloor and old yellow bricks or a newer one like crying lightning would be amazing

^^^^^THIS^^^^^
also mardy bum and when the sun goes down

HellzDream
11-06-2009, 08:10 PM
If they put Supermassive Black Hole in a Guitar Hero I would get it just for that song. :p Some more Linkin Park and Queens of the Stone Age would be nice aswell.

shilbo-assassin
11-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes, a brilliant thread. I've always asked why no verve?
they say 'licenses'...f*ck off. GH makes billions!

I'd love to see some old Oasis for old times sake, The Verve, Radiohead, loads of old stuff, and the best british band (aside from massive attack) of the 90's - PULP!!!

Do it. DO IT!

Andy Shandy
11-07-2009, 03:38 AM
This may be quite a long list...and yes I realise some of these songs have already been in GH/RB but I may as well list them, as a sort of dream setlist thingymabob

Arctic Monkeys (As much as I hate all of their music besides this song) - Crying Lightning
Audioslave - Cochise, Revelations, One And The Same, Somedays
Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country
Biffy Clyro - That Golden Rule
Black Stone Cherry - Rain Wizard, Hell And High Water
The Commodores - Slippery When Wet
Dead By Sunrise - My Suffering
Finger Eleven - Paralyzer
Good Charlotte - The River (And yes you would have to change between Madden and Shadows if singing) ;D
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child
Korn - Evolution
Linkin Park - A Place For My Head, No More Sorrow, New Divide
Matthew Sweet - Girlfriend
Muse - Stockholm Syndrome, New Born, Feeling Good, Uprising
My Chemical Romance - Famous Last Words
Nickelback - Something In Your Mouth, Burn It To The Ground, Just To Get High
Our Lady Peace - Innocent
Papa Roach - Hollywood Whore, Getting Away With Murder, Change Or Die, I Almost Told You That I Loved You
Paramore - Born For This
Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows
Rammstein - Amerika
Rise Against - Paper Wings, Survive
Shinedown - Sound Of Madness, If You Only Knew, Lady So Divine
Stone Sour - 30/30 150
The All American Rejects - Top Of The World
The F-Ups - Lazy Generation
The Living End - End Of The World
The Mooney Suzuki - Shake That Bush Again
The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil
Theory Of A Deadman - So Happy, Bad Girlfriend, Hate My Life
Three Days Grace - Riot, Animal I Have Become, Pain, Drown, Gone Forever
Velvet Revolver - Fall To Pieces, Slither
Weezer - Beverly Hills, Perfect Situation, We Are All On Drugs

PS I would have added Foo Fighters but nearly all their music seems to be on there anyway :P

Afro Ninja
11-07-2009, 04:45 AM
Fear of The Dark-Iron Maiden

LiesandPies
11-07-2009, 05:44 AM
I'd love to see some Dire Straits stuff. Also, Rammstein and more Primus stuff would be great too.

thomasgeorge
11-07-2009, 07:52 AM
I saw someone had writen this up the top I agree I would love to see trivium songs on a gh game

specVjavi
11-07-2009, 10:39 AM
I'd love to see some Dire Straits stuff. Also, Rammstein and more Primus stuff would be great too.

More Primus? where do they have Primus already? i wanna check it out!!!

Les Claypool is the man!

thomasgeorge
11-07-2009, 11:28 AM
More Primus? where do they have Primus already? i wanna check it out!!!

Les Claypool is the man!

In gh2 they have john the fisherman