PDA

View Full Version : "RENT" this game, do not "Buy"

TX DBL KILL
01-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Ive been playing this game for a little over 4 hours now and am almost done beating the game. Woulda been a waste of $60 if I had bought it, so Im gonna just T-Bag this piece of $H!T game when im done getting the 1000 GS and then take it back to blockbuster!

Shaaady Souljah
01-30-2007, 11:11 PM
that is why it is under the 1,000 easiest/fastest achievements points. ;)

it has to be easy enough for a 5 year old to get some play out of it... open season was kind of the same way, except I found that one to be very funny and entertaining. they both are targeted for younger gamers mostly, so that should be noted.

this is a good heads up for anyone not familiar with Cars though, so nice job.

TX DBL KILL
01-31-2007, 07:30 AM
that is why it is under the 1,000 easiest/fastest achievements points. ;)

it has to be easy enough for a 5 year old to get some play out of it... open season was kind of the same way, except I found that one to be very funny and entertaining. they both are targeted for younger gamers mostly, so that should be noted.

this is a good heads up for anyone not familiar with Cars though, so nice job.

Yeah, that's true. I guess I just kinda expected a little more even though it is a kids game. But still not worth buying unless you are buying it for a little kid that loves racing games and want a game that is "family" rated.

Software2
02-13-2007, 03:13 AM
Viva Pinata is a family game and it's freaking awesome. There's no reason why a game need be overly easy just because it's targeted towards kids. Heck, I grew up on Mike Tyson's Punch Out... You think I ever beat that game?

WorstoftheWorst
02-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Viva Pinata is a family game and it's freaking awesome. There's no reason why a game need be overly easy just because it's targeted towards kids. Heck, I grew up on Mike Tyson's Punch Out... You think I ever beat that game?
good point....i would have to say a yougner kid would have a very hard time getting far in viva pinata. Just becasue a rating is family doesnt mean a game will be easy.
I mean how hard can you really make a game that has animated cars that can talk? but all in all i agree with you, defenatly a rent only game.......

JJBDude
02-14-2007, 12:31 AM
good point....i would have to say a yougner kid would have a very hard time getting far in viva pinata. Just becasue a rating is family doesnt mean a game will be easy.
I mean how hard can you really make a game that has animated cars that can talk? but all in all i agree with you, defenatly a rent only game.......

This depends on what you think "getting far" in Viva Pinata is. See what that game does excellently is add something for the adult gamers (time consuming/difficulty achievements) which appeals for the adults, while it maintans a "kiddy" type game. My sister plays the game very differently to me (she's 8), her aim is to have as many Pinatas as possible, to get more money and just to keep on expanding, and trust me she can do this (not hard to do) and she enjoys doing it. I however take an adult approach and aim to become Master Romancer and get the achievements, something I enjoy to do.

So to sum it up Viva Pinata is fun for everyone and kids can get far as it isn't all that complicated.

I'll rent Cars someday, probably will whenever the UK has a comp to get gamerscore for prizes, easy 1000 to get then. ^_^

Creech
02-14-2007, 12:37 AM
On the other hand, Cars is fun to just go drive around in. It is an easy interface, and jumping over huge canyons for no reason has a certain appeal. Driving around to find all the little bonus markers was fun. For racing I definitely prefer PGR3, much more challenging and all, but if I am just kicking back and want to chill, Cars can be fun for that.

graemelunn
02-14-2007, 01:24 AM
around to find all the little bonus markers was fun.
Although I agree with you to an extent, some of those postcards were a pain in the ass to find, or even more frustrating when you could see it but couldn't get to it.
Was a fun game though IMO given it's target audience.

LX PROTOCOL V2
05-19-2007, 05:56 AM
I thought cars was fun and the story line was like getting a movie sequal. Some of it was a little challanging for its target audence. I think there are lots of things to unlock and it has a little replay (not much).

http://my.livecard.net/blue/LX+PROTOCOL%20V2.png

hollatip 2
05-20-2007, 11:17 PM
rent it do not buy

jab1981
08-07-2007, 09:58 PM
On the other hand, Cars is fun to just go drive around in. It is an easy interface, and jumping over huge canyons for no reason has a certain appeal. Driving around to find all the little bonus markers was fun. For racing I definitely prefer PGR3, much more challenging and all, but if I am just kicking back and want to chill, Cars can be fun for that.

I agree 100%. I bought Cars simply because I loved the film. I'm a sucker for Pixar. The game fulfilled what I wanted from it exactly. Sometimes people look for more in games than just the achievements. It's an entertaining game that remains true to the movie and I think it's one of the best movie tie-in games I've played.

Fenrir767
08-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Cool I think I need to rent this then

ph201
08-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Some of the postcards even with a guide were hard to find.

killlah631
08-27-2007, 03:20 PM
I plan on renting and am hoping this game doesn't take me longer than 1 day to complete.

jab1981
08-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Took me around 6 hours to get everything. Should be easy to get in a day.

Fullawka14
09-08-2007, 07:58 AM
Yeah this game would be a total waste of money, spend 8 bucks at blockbuster beat it and take it back the next day:p

Frantic Killer4
09-15-2007, 02:33 AM
i am going to admit it. i bought it. it was 4 dolla's. cheaper than to rent it lol