PDA

View Full Version : Will the new Dirt be true to Rally?

gmorra
09-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi I was wondering if Dirt 2 would have a co-driver and all the rally lingo still? Do they still use the same rally "time" system? Will it be true to rally like the first or will it be something different like motorstorm? I already don't like the whole "hearing your opponant through your helmet" thing!:confused:

I'm talking: (This is how co-driver should talk if there is one!)

From Main Control 1 (start), 100 metres straight to a kink left, severity 2
100 metres, kink right severity 2
200 m, square left (90)
100 m, kink right severity 4
50 m, Jump (caution!) into immediate right hand bend severity 2 tightens (caution, don't cut [the corner, due to hazard on the inside]!)
100 m, oversquare right
400 m, flat (maximum speed) into crest into kink left severity 4
100 m to Main Control 2 (finish)

thistimeXitswar
09-01-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm sure (and hoping) during the rally segments they keep the co-driver chat, but Codies hasn't confirmed or even really spoke about anything regarding it yet.

GORILLA RADIO
09-02-2009, 01:33 PM
It wont really be rallying without a co-driver I just hope they dont use the same guy as the co-driver in dirt after a while the stuff he said at the start of the stage got on my nerves a bit hopefully they use someone like Derek Ringer or Nicky Grist as they have done in the past.

MadcatNL
09-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Yes, you do have a co-driver, you can set it to simple (medium right, hard left), or advanced (40, crest, into crest, into left 2, stay in, into right 3, stay mid, caution jump, right 5, don't cut etc). You won't hear them say main control (just 80, jump, over finish), but it's pretty detailed.

gmorra
09-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Yes, you do have a co-driver, you can set it to simple (medium right, hard left), or advanced (40, crest, into crest, into left 2, stay in, into right 3, stay mid, caution jump, right 5, don't cut etc). You won't hear them say main control (just 80, jump, over finish), but it's pretty detailed.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Barad
09-03-2009, 06:17 PM
this games gonna be truely off its culture and amazing!

ZedChuva
09-03-2009, 10:45 PM
From the IGN review, there is only 20% true rally racing. :mad: And no actual hill climb events. How can you have a RALLY racing game, and have that little actual rally racing? That was my favorite part of Dirt. I really didn't like the 10 car races, and this seemingly is packed with them. :uzi:

Can we see this happening in a few months? "Dirt 2 owners, new DLC is coming. Download 5 rally exclusive tracks for ONLY 1200msp!"

Yea, it'll happen. :mad:

I'm still getting this day 1, but my expectations have been significantly lowered.

MadcatNL
09-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Well, there are 7 or 9 different environment (exact number escapes me atm) and in each you have 2 or 3 rally stages, so enough in total to get jiggy with. If you're a true rally fan, just race a lot online, this does featured staggered starts and you can turn off collisions.

Hill climb was indeed sacrificed, but most Trailblazer events feature some kind of mountainish part. I'm more gutted that crossover has been taken out.

gmorra
09-04-2009, 01:55 PM
DAMMIT, I f**king knew it! RIP DIRT.:mad:

thistimeXitswar
09-04-2009, 04:40 PM
The game was never pushed as a RALLY game, it has always been pushed to Off-Road racing, which it is, and which the first one was as well. It's hard to add a lot of Rally elements when your biggest series (WRC) has signed a contract with another game (Gran Turismo 5) and limited your car useage and what have you.

gmorra
09-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Well I am still 100% getting it on day one!:) lol

gmorra
09-04-2009, 05:51 PM
The game was never pushed as a RALLY game, it has always been pushed to Off-Road racing, which it is, and which the first one was as well. It's hard to add a lot of Rally elements when your biggest series (WRC) has signed a contract with another game (Gran Turismo 5) and limited your car useage and what have you.

CAN'T WAIT FOR GT 5!!!!:woop: (Hopefully X-mas 09!)

jorGe62990
09-04-2009, 06:23 PM
From the IGN review, there is only 20% true rally racing. :mad: And no actual hill climb events. How can you have a RALLY racing game, and have that little actual rally racing? That was my favorite part of Dirt. I really didn't like the 10 car races, and this seemingly is packed with them. :uzi:

Can we see this happening in a few months? "Dirt 2 owners, new DLC is coming. Download 5 rally exclusive tracks for ONLY 1200msp!"

Yea, it'll happen. :mad:

I'm still getting this day 1, but my expectations have been significantly lowered.
20% rally will mostly likely be a deal breaker for me. Buggy and pick-up truck races are fun, but I want more rally. Disappointing to say the least.

gmorra
09-04-2009, 06:35 PM
20% rally will mostly likely be a deal breaker for me. Buggy and pick-up truck races are fun, but I want more rally. Disappointing to say the least.

Agreed, 101%....the first DIRT was pretty rally!

jorGe62990
09-04-2009, 08:06 PM
If DiRT 1 had decent multiplayer there would be no need to buy this game. The tracks in DiRT 1 were great and extremely rally-focused.

Undercover18
09-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Considering the game is created by Codemasters and they have never failed to make a decent game. I'm gonna put money down on it they have tried everything. I have played the demo. However, I don't pay attention to the co-driver. Maybe check the demo out?

covea001
09-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I recently started playing the first one because 2 got me so hyped but back to the point the first one had the co-driver in the rally events like hill climb you didn't have a co-driver but as I said in rally events you did so I doubt they would change it

jorGe62990
09-06-2009, 03:35 AM
GameTrailers really liked DiRT 2. They gave it a 9.0. I guess it is up to each person's preference for rally.

Logiistics
09-06-2009, 09:34 AM
This game has lot more different types of races compared to DiRT 1, and there all fun so the absence of 'Hill Climb' events really doesn't show.

Evolution X0
09-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Well Dirt 1 And Dirt 2 is apart of the Colin McRae series. so i doubt that they wont have rally's in the game somewhere. otherwise they would call it by there other game Race Driver: GRID 2