PDA

View Full Version : Uncut footage of Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer (CTF))

Simzo
09-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Uncut footage of Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer (CTF) has just been released, what do you guys think?

HD Video can be found here. (http://www.sanctuary4gamers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=779:uncut-footage-of-modern-warfare-2-multiplayer-flagrunner&catid=14:general-gaming&Itemid=80)

YouTube - Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Gameplay Uncut: Flag Runner (Official HD)

Personally, I think it looks awesome. Especially all the different things for kill streaks.

IGN just released a video which broke down the video and analysed it, check it out.

YouTube - IGN Rewind Theater: Modern Warfare 2 Flag Runner

samboro1234
09-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Awesome video can't wait for this game :) Ending was great.

Simzo
09-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah, it looks awesome. Fantastic. There isn't really any words I can use to describe how excited I am. I can imagine I am speaking for a lot of people.

agentplatypus
09-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Looks pretty awesome. Not a fan of the shield though. I have faith in IW though. They never disappoint.

Tatanko
09-01-2009, 06:36 PM
That knife kill at the end was awesome! :D

I love that they're dropping little hints about other improvements too...like host migration. I was actually happy to see that at the end of the video. It would likely get annoying to a degree, but certainly nowhere near as annoying as hosts quitting out and ending the match.

Simzo
09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I think the customisable kill streaks are awesome, as is Host migration, and the throwing knives could be a lot of fun to use.

MJGB
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Throwing knives look good, just hope no one can master them and get spawn kills in S&D. Host migration is the best part of that video, apart from how annoying it would be if you were doing well with a good host, who left and then you start lagging and lose a kill streak or something.

DRCL
09-01-2009, 06:53 PM
That knife kill at the end was awesome! :D

I love that they're dropping little hints about other improvements too...like host migration. I was actually happy to see that at the end of the video. It would likely get annoying to a degree, but certainly nowhere near as annoying as hosts quitting out and ending the match.

It's going to be a blast when you're playing a clan or a group of friends and they get host.. They start leaving one by one and it keeps going to that screen until they leave.. I could see that getting a bit frustrating ;)

Personally, I think it looks awesome. Especially all the different things for kill streaks.

Not much different. All it shows is 3 kill streak = UAV, 5 kill streak = Preadator Missile (which he never uses, so it could possibly just be an airstrike or perhaps something different.)

At the start you see someone is using the AC-130 which was already shown in the previous video..

Simzo
09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
It's going to be a blast when you're playing a clan or a group of friends and they get host.. They start leaving one by one and it keeps going to that screen until they leave.. I could see that getting a bit frustrating ;)

Not much different. All it shows is 3 kill streak = UAV, 5 kill streak = Preadator Missile (which he never uses, so it could possibly just be an airstrike or perhaps something different.)

At the start you see someone is using the AC-130 which was already shown in the previous video..

Pretty sure that a predator missile is not an airstrike, as far as I know it is used for light armoured vehicles. Also it didn't show a 7-kill streak or anything so there is probably a few more customised kill streaks that we have yet to see.

Yunder
09-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Simzo, you made me make willy milk in my pants. You bastard. :mad:

Thank you.

Simzo
09-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Simzo, you made me make willy milk in my pants. You bastard. :mad:

Thank you.

Not a problem, that's what I'm here for.

Yunder
09-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Can't tell if that was friendly or gay, whatever. I'll play along.

Sexy. :p

Simzo
09-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Can't tell if that was friendly or gay, whatever. I'll play along.

Sexy. :p

Let's say it was friendly.

IbanezZz08
09-01-2009, 07:27 PM
haha, 402 is getting one headshot after another ;D

v SnOwMaN v
09-01-2009, 07:30 PM
There we three kill streak things shown. If you watch it again. He gets one for 3,4, and 5. Which is tight, because you can wait and hope you get a better kill streak for a better attack. Host migration is the best. The sheild is tight. Graphics have improved. CTF nice. Knives tight. MW2=GOAT=Best FPS ever.

Xraye
09-01-2009, 07:34 PM
The gun at the very end Red Dot and Silencer?!

DRCL
09-01-2009, 07:35 PM
There we three kill streak things shown. If you watch it again. He gets one for 3,4, and 5. Which is tight, because you can wait and hope you get a better kill streak for a better attack. Host migration is the best. The sheild is tight. Graphics have improved. CTF nice. Knives tight. MW2=GOAT=Best FPS ever.

Wow, thanks, I missed the 4 kill streak Airdrop ;\

MLG=Most Likely Gay
09-01-2009, 07:37 PM

pause when he gets 4 kills it says airdrop then at 5 he gets the predator

DeadFrazer
09-01-2009, 07:42 PM
The gun at the very end Red Dot and Silencer?!

I think it's just a standard TAR-21 with a silencer, they have that red dot standard I'm sure

Simzo
09-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I hope we get to mix and match weapon attachments.

DRCL
09-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I hope we get to mix and match weapon attachments.

Well the UMP45 in the video had Extended Mags

Now is that just how the gun is? Or does that show it will be doing what WaW did with the round drum/box magazine attachment?

StolenPaper18
09-01-2009, 08:07 PM
I...
Just....
Came....

Looks F'n awesome, can't wait for this to drop.

Simzo
09-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Well the UMP45 in the video had Extended Mags

Now is that just how the gun is? Or does that show it will be doing what WaW did with the round drum/box magazine attachment?

I really hope we can use 2 attachments at once. That would be awesome, I guess time will tell.

SuperNova X2X
09-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Awesome. I can't wait to use the throwing knives! Glad about host migration though, that was one of the most annoying things about World at War, the host always quiting. I'm still busy wetting myself.

DRCL
09-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I really hope we can use 2 attachments at once. That would be awesome, I guess time will tell.

Everyone wanted that in CoD4
And 90% of people are just going to run around with Silencer+RDS which is going to be a pain..

natron4785
09-01-2009, 09:06 PM
402 was using the first 50. cal sniper seen in any mw2 footage omfg!!!!!!!

Simzo
09-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Everyone wanted that in CoD4
And 90% of people are just going to run around with Silencer+RDS which is going to be a pain..

True, they will find some way around it so that it isn't pain or they won't allow certain combination's on certain weapons.

Also, didn't 402 say that the video would be focused on a certain perk? I saw no sign of such thing.

XBLsFinest
09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Wow, that video was epic. So much to come in MW2 and I cannot see Infinity Ward failing to deliver.

natron4785
09-01-2009, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=
Also, didn't 402 say that the video would be focused on a certain perk? I saw no sign of such thing.[/QUOTE]
i think it was the riot shield

Simzo
09-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Ah right, that makes sense. I never knew that was a perk. I thought it would be something that could be equipped.

Justin Case
09-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Holy Crap.... throwing knives ... now that's sex

natron4785
09-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Ah right, that makes sense. I never knew that was a perk. I thought it would be something that could be equipped.
i dont know if they've formaly anounced it as a perk but the guy did have an assult rifle on his back soo, to me it seems like an rpg type perk

Yunder
09-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Let's say it was friendly.

Oh, okay. Friends are cool.

Genesis x360a
09-01-2009, 09:43 PM
There is no UMP in the video its a MP5K and it has a standard size mag. I hope they dont do extended/box mags it makes people who spray that much more a pain the arse! Also something ive noticed is the amount of XP there getting per kill, Either there's more levels to a prestige or its going to take more XP to get the levels.

DRCL
09-01-2009, 09:59 PM
There is no UMP in the video its a MP5K and it has a standard size mag. I hope they dont do extended/box mags it makes people who spray that much more a pain the arse! Also something ive noticed is the amount of XP there getting per kill, Either there's more levels to a prestige or its going to take more XP to get the levels.

If you look on the ground there's an UMP45 Extended Mags
Pause the video at 1:04 ;)

True, they will find some way around it so that it isn't pain or they won't allow certain combination's on certain weapons.

Also, didn't 402 say that the video would be focused on a certain perk? I saw no sign of such thing.

Also, it could be possible that the Double Attachment could be a perk? Or it could be like the Grenade Launcher, which takes off the first perk. Which would mean you couldn't have Grip+attachment or Launcher+attachment. Which would be pretty nice.. But that sucks for no bandolier :|

Genesis x360a
09-01-2009, 10:11 PM
If you look on the ground there's an UMP45 Extended Mags
Pause the video at 1:04 ;)

Nice spot there dude.
I thought you was talking about the gun in the guys hand :) Sucks that there putting in Extended mags, Maybe they have like 10-15 extra rounds or something and not double the ammo like WaW, Only time will tell.

DRCL
09-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Nice spot there dude.
I thought you was talking about the gun in the guys hand :) Sucks that there putting in Extended mags, Maybe they have like 10-15 extra rounds or something and not double the ammo like WaW, Only time will tell.

Yeah, I went through the video looking at the weapons on the ground and stuff.

This is the list of weapons I found for anyone who missed any of them or didn't actually look:

SCAR-H Bling
MP5K
AUG HBAR Bling
AA-12
UMP45 Extended Mags
TAR-21 FMJ
USP .45

And yes only time will tell.. Can't wait for this..

M49907
09-01-2009, 11:04 PM
this video is awesome! The throwing knife confused me at first I thought it was a direct impact flash grenade or something haha. Having 2 weapon atatchments would work if they had it in the same perk family as stoping power, overkill, ect... I think it would even out better that way.

True I Skill
09-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Oh Crap.
i have a very bad feeling alot of people are going to be running arround with these sheilds, If u watched the Sheild people, When people tried to attack them instead of trying to shoot at feet, They Ran arround the side of the sheild to try and get the kill D; Hope theres a perk to counter this.

I liked the look of that sand level at the end, Reminded me of a far cry 2 level which was pretty cool ;D

Cant wait for this game.

The Cang
09-02-2009, 01:06 AM
Wow, that blood splatter is sick. Waaay better than a flashing red border on the screen.

Illution
09-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Reminded me of R6 vegas for some reason.

I was going to say something, but then I forgot... OH! The blood effects looks like you spilled kool-aid on your goggles.

anyone else? ...

Magicman10893
09-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Was anyone else thrown off by the orange-looking blood on the screen? Maybe it is the lighting of the level. But anyway, the video is AWESOME. Does anyone know what the 100 points was for near the end? When he killed the riot shield guy he got 100 points. Is that because they were close to the capture point, or do you get 100 points for killing shield carriers?

Sirboscos
09-02-2009, 03:52 AM
I want november....now!

Tatanko
09-02-2009, 05:16 AM
Does anyone know what the 100 points was for near the end?
I believe it was two +50's one right after another that combined for +100. If you notice the kill right before that, he got +50 and it says headshot at the bottom of the screen. My guess is he got a second headshot for a second +50 for a total of +100 (just like how the points add in MW1 and WaW).

Kaiyo
09-02-2009, 05:23 AM
Oh yeah throwing knifes and shields.
Host Migration is gonna fix alot of problems that COD 4 and COD: World at War had involving the annoying "HOST "*"__"*" quit".

Cav Clayton
09-02-2009, 07:12 AM
People actually using the mics for teamwork? No way...

DRCL
09-02-2009, 08:27 AM
People actually using the mics for teamwork? No way...

Are you trying to say people don't use their mics for teamwork...?

jason86586
09-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Are you trying to say people don't use their mics for teamwork...?

Yes. These days mics seem to be mainly for abuse.

monkeyhappy
09-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Nobody else picked up on the little box at the bottom yet? The one which appears to show who you've killed, showing like a little graphic and their name. I imagine that graphic will be chosen by the user and quite customisable, probably their answer to calls for greater player customisation. I do quite like it, but one thing I will say is that the HUD does look INCREDIBLY busy and I'm not 100% sure I'm happy about that, hopefully you'll have the option to tone it down a bit.

Host migration is also good.

Ahh, I can't wait now!

DeadFrazer
09-02-2009, 12:09 PM
I agree the HUD does look crowded. I like the idea of the kill box in principle but it just seems too big and in the way. I don't really need to see a little pic and bio of who I have killed every time.

I hope their are options to tone the HUD down, or get it closer to the original which doesn't get in the way of the action

DRCL
09-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Yes. These days mics seem to be mainly for abuse.

Well, that's why you play with friends and stick to mainly parties when playing.. It's a lot more fun and easier to communicate without having randoms yelling in the mic or making annoying noises with the mic whilst playing..

Nobody else picked up on the little box at the bottom yet? The one which appears to show who you've killed, showing like a little graphic and their name. I imagine that graphic will be chosen by the user and quite customisable, probably their answer to calls for greater player customisation. I do quite like it, but one thing I will say is that the HUD does look INCREDIBLY busy and I'm not 100% sure I'm happy about that, hopefully you'll have the option to tone it down a bit.

Host migration is also good.

Ahh, I can't wait now!

I'm pretty sure everyone noticed the huge box after each kill ;)

Genesis x360a
09-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I agree the HUD does look crowded. I like the idea of the kill box in principle but it just seems too big and in the way. I don't really need to see a little pic and bio of who I have killed every time.

I hope their are options to tone the HUD down, or get it closer to the original which doesn't get in the way of the action

Yer that box looks very annoying to me and will be the first thing that i turn off. I dont need to know the stats of who i killed, There's no need for that and the kill feed on the left.

Is it just me or does anybody else think that the shield wont get much usage, I mean you cant use a pistol with it like in RBSV and i dont think that you will be able to whip it out in a second (There's going to be a delay), I think its going to be a fad at first but then die out when people realise its pretty useless without a team mate to back you up, Did you see in the video when them guys meet eachother with the sheilds there just like stood staring at eachother, Like "Hi nice shield" "Yer yours aint bad" "Pretty useless though that i cant kill you" "Yer ino what you mean".

DRCL
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Yer that box looks very annoying to me and will be the first thing that i turn off. I dont need to know the stats of who i killed, There's no need for that and the kill feed on the left.

Is it just me or does anybody else think that the shield wont get much usage, I mean you cant use a pistol with it like in RBSV and i dont think that you will be able to whip it out in a second (There's going to be a delay), I think its going to be a fad at first but then die out when people realise its pretty useless without a team mate to back you up, Did you see in the video when them guys meet eachother with the sheilds there just like stood staring at eachother, Like "Hi nice shield" "Yer yours aint bad" "Pretty useless though that i cant kill you" "Yer ino what you mean".

Well I suppose the shield is to encourage teamwork like in the video. Meaning good luck playing online by yourself and attempting to do this ;)

jobless sam
09-02-2009, 03:40 PM
i don't like the blood effect when you get shot, fair enough it makes it look a bit more realistic, but i can see that annoying me quickly lol.
who evers playing in the vid is pretty good :P

MLG=Most Likely Gay
09-02-2009, 03:59 PM
yeah, who is playing? developers?

Xraye
09-02-2009, 04:03 PM

Hardcore Matches?

monkeyhappy
09-02-2009, 04:33 PM
who evers playing in the vid is pretty good :P
I'd say it's more down to his opponents being pretty poor.

Santa
09-02-2009, 05:29 PM
UAV Jammer got upgraded.
Double Attachments
Throwing Knives
New Grenades

are what I saw in the video.

Genesis x360a
09-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Well I suppose the shield is to encourage teamwork like in the video. Meaning good luck playing online by yourself and attempting to do this ;)

Yer i agree but its a cutthroat world when your ranking up, Your teammate would cut your throat in your sleep if it means him getting an extra 20XP lol So i cant see many people saying "You know what i'll hide behind this plastic while you get all the kills and rank up,Sound gd?:)) So i dont see much teamwork happening in MW2 with the shield, Like i said i can see the shield being a fad that die's out qiuckly, Like Hippies :)

jobless sam
09-02-2009, 06:06 PM
I'd say it's more down to his opponents being pretty poor.

Yeah looking back at it. there are plenty of places which if they were good opponents would have killed him/her

Oliie
09-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Hmm... I spotted also that the guy who's saying "We have the enemy flag!" is just the announcer from OpFor from cod4.
EDIT: Another thing is that you can kill (?) someone with shield. Pause the vid at 1:04 and look in the bottom left corner where the kills appear.

DRCL
09-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Yer i agree but its a cutthroat world when your ranking up, Your teammate would cut your throat in your sleep if it means him getting an extra 20XP lol So i cant see many people saying "You know what i'll hide behind this plastic while you get all the kills and rank up,Sound gd?:)) So i dont see much teamwork happening in MW2 with the shield, Like i said i can see the shield being a fad that die's out qiuckly, Like Hippies :)

Well after you and your friends are done ranking up, I think you'll be more open to try that approach which will make the shield more used ;)

I wouldn't put the shield away forever already without actually trying it out :D

JASEL84
09-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I think the customisable kill streaks are awesome, as is Host migration, and the throwing knives could be a lot of fun to use.
+ customisable weapons 2 attach and probablly You can write on Your gun:) Look pop block about new video. + new kill streaks new weapons shield new xp. My God i will have no life;/:D:Bounce:

Perax
09-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Really Really a lot of new good stuff, beside shields that look pretty useless.

Who said you can write on weap? You read that somewhere? Or was just from your head wishlist?

November will be hard to meet everybody outside the home, already know that.

oRedBull
09-03-2009, 02:59 PM
looks sick, loving the shield tactic. but i'm sure that'll become the new juggernaut.

Not saying juggernaut is bad, i'm not gonna say whether i like/dislike juggernaut as my post will start an argument. But the shield people who use the shield will say it's apart of the game and the people that get messed up by it will complain and say it's a noob tactic.

Simzo
09-03-2009, 04:27 PM
I just added a video from IGN in my first post, in which they break down the video. Check it out, it's awesome.

DRCL
09-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Really Really a lot of new good stuff, beside shields that look pretty useless.

Who said you can write on weap? You read that somewhere? Or was just from your head wishlist?

November will be hard to meet everybody outside the home, already know that.

On the video review (GameTrailers.com) they spotted that on one of the weapons the person was using it had writing on it "Infinity Ward, USA"
People are saying that shows they'll be able to write stuff on the guns..

looks sick, loving the shield tactic. but i'm sure that'll become the new juggernaut.

Not saying juggernaut is bad, i'm not gonna say whether i like/dislike juggernaut as my post will start an argument. But the shield people who use the shield will say it's apart of the game and the people that get messed up by it will complain and say it's a noob tactic.

The shield can't be that much of a problem.. Your back is completely open and you can't fire back.

---
Also, just want to mention that video misses so many things..
Here's a link to one I think shows a lot more things. :D

YouTube - Modern Warfare 2 Hub Flag Runner Review

Purge
09-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Tell me if I'm wrong after you kill somebody when it says who you killed will that have a Street Fighter 4 online sort of feature? Where you can choose your own flag as a background and little badge or something? That'd be sweet.

Simzo
09-04-2009, 05:47 AM
Tell me if I'm wrong after you kill somebody when it says who you killed will that have a Street Fighter 4 online sort of feature? Where you can choose your own flag as a background and little badge or something? That'd be sweet.

Yeah mate, that seems as though that's the case.

X King Damian X
09-04-2009, 11:02 AM
OOOHHHH MMMMYYYYY GGOOOOOOD!!!! throwing knives

LMC1
09-04-2009, 11:30 AM
'Tis a sweet trailer!
Thanks for posting the rewind vid aswell, made a lot more things clearer.

KrazieKleo
09-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Damn....can't the game come out already? LOL :(

Simzo
09-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Damn....can't the game come out already? LOL :(

I wish that as well, but there will be a lot of kinks to work out still, they will try to get it perfect. Even after the private beta, there will be things to fix.

The Viper
09-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Those vids made me wet.

Pearson
09-08-2009, 05:09 PM
I like how they improved the accuracy of the weapons with just the iron sights, no more stray bullets while you're trying to unlock a scope for your weapon. I also like that the flag runner doesn't show-up on the HUD as well.

Perax
09-09-2009, 09:01 AM
[QUOTE=DRCL;2319779]On the video review (GameTrailers.com) they spotted that on one of the weapons the person was using it had writing on it "Infinity Ward, USA"
People are saying that shows they'll be able to write stuff on the guns..

Cool! thanks for the info ;)

Nozza XBA
09-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Just one little thing iv noticed while watching the review video (I only noticed at the end of clip when 402 was sniping) is that the Kill Streak Icon moves ..

If you skip to the last bit of gameplay you will see the UAV Satelite rotating .. thought that was a nice little touch!

Edit: It was DRCLs vid I watched.

Simzo
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Just one little thing iv noticed while watching the review video (I only noticed at the end of clip when 402 was sniping) is that the Kill Streak Icon moves ..

If you skip to the last bit of gameplay you will see the UAV Satelite rotating .. thought that was a nice little touch!

Edit: It was DRCLs vid I watched.

Yeah I noticed that as well, I wonder what they will have when an airstrike or chopper is called in.