PDA

View Full Version : Eat Lead: The return of Matt Hazard, who else loved this game?

McKaystyles
09-02-2009, 08:08 PM
Okay, so its no gears of war 2, but after playing so many serious game sin the 360 with the relaxed ones being way out there i.e. Beautiful Katamari and Viva piñata I freaking loved this game! I was laughing, as a hardcore gamer I got all the references, I was smirking non stop and I feel the game play was a notch above average. The story kicked but and the achievements kept popping the whole game leaving me with 800 gs after just the first play thru. I want to know if anyone else out there enjoyed this game as much as I did. I feel like it was a failure amongst the general public, but if anyone knows how well it sold; I would really like to hear it! Thanks a lot, and p.s. ITS HAZARD TIME!!

p.s.s. and all the achievement descriptions were GOLDEN – so funny.
:Bounce:

StolenPaper18
09-02-2009, 08:18 PM
I agree, it is a great game. Unfortunately I only had time to play through it once, since I only rented it. Easy achievements and it was a really funny game. It was a nice change from all the other "serious" games.

McKaystyles
09-02-2009, 08:23 PM
I know, i wish more people gave it a shot. but it was really a gem in the library of serious games. a game unlike any other ever made. check out the website, it takes you to fake fan sites, its hilarious!

McKaystyles
09-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Really?! no one else played this?

Gackt
09-02-2009, 08:39 PM
I loved the game, very funny dialog and just fun to play.

The Kenz
09-02-2009, 08:40 PM
I've seen it VERY cheap recently, but I wasn't sure if it was worth it. I guess I'll pick it up next time I see if if you guys all think it's so good. :)

McKaystyles
09-02-2009, 08:46 PM
dont expect gears of war, but expect some good times, especially if you go otu with some buds, have a few beers, want to mind down around 1 in the morning, really good game to pop in. lol.

EOU Findub
09-02-2009, 11:02 PM
I dunno, I thought it was generic and horrible. The jokes weren't that funny and the gameplay was beyond simplistic. The graphics weren't spectacular either. It was about as average of a game as they come.

Dz06lt
09-03-2009, 12:39 AM
I really enjoyed the game too lots of game references, granted this game wasnt worth 60 but it sure is worth 20

agentplatypus
09-03-2009, 12:41 AM
It was an okay game. Had some funny moments and gameplay was solid. Honestly though, I only rented it because it had easy achievements.

phatRizzo
09-03-2009, 02:56 AM
I dunno, I thought it was generic and horrible. The jokes weren't that funny and the gameplay was beyond simplistic. The graphics weren't spectacular either. It was about as average of a game as they come.

I find this as a very good description of the game... I enjoy just about every type of game, and found this game was still TOO repetitive... Jokes also got old after a while... My wife even looked at the screen and said the game looked and sounded boring... As quoted above, very average of a game

Pigletoos
09-03-2009, 04:20 AM
I was thinking about picking it up one day, probably when it drops down to being $12. Its still $26 over here. It looked like some good fun, probably a couple of good jokes. I'd seriously would like to see games with more humor in them. Kinda disappointed to hear that BC 2 won't havae as much as the first.

v SnOwMaN v
09-03-2009, 04:35 AM
I didn't like it. Only thing I was amused by was the commentary sometimes. That's it.

bassAliens
09-03-2009, 10:03 AM
I loved it - especially the voice acting.

There's meant to be the "original" Matt Hazard game coming out on Live Arcade, but it was announced in February and there's been nothing more since.

Teh BeZ
09-03-2009, 10:12 AM
lol i did find this game very funny, but i used the cheat so i could start on maxcium straight away but it was harder than i thought it was going to be and i havent really had any motivation to play it again :P

McKaystyles
09-03-2009, 03:59 PM
i paid 20, i feel i got my moneys worth. it shoudl ahve retailed at 30, really,.

McKaystyles
09-03-2009, 04:04 PM
its a gem, and a clut classic, look past the graphics,
Get to know the game play and the jokes and this game is pure GENUINE FUN, such a fresh breath of air compared to all these games out there. If your not a hardcore gamer, you wont like this game such as the guy who said he thought it was average. If you don’t have the love for games to play an average game to see what unique and awesome about it, you just like to game for the big tittles, that’s cool. But any xcore fan can really see whats special about this game.

KSizzle
09-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I enjoyed it...at least enough to 1k it. I thought the achievement descriptions and titles were hilarious. Max Hazard had a few difficult moments as well, so it presents some sort of challenge. I enjoyed blasting people with that Dirty Harry gun, lol. Not a bad game at all...I've played much worse.

IINFIIDEL
09-03-2009, 04:19 PM
One of my favourite games so far this year, achievement wise a bit of a pain getting 3 pink testers together. Apart from that as said before ive played alot worse

McKaystyles
09-03-2009, 04:28 PM
anyone know its sales numbers?

Daiphyer.
09-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Damn you guys are talking so tempting about it! I trusted myself not to get any games till October x(

Bleeding Star
09-03-2009, 04:48 PM
When Marvel Ult Alliance 2 comes out I plan on putting any left over money I have towards picking it up, I borrowed it before, only got to the sniping part with the wizard or something

McKaystyles
09-03-2009, 06:21 PM
its a fun game, especially teh fatc you cna pick it up on the cheap is awesome!

thomasgeorge
09-03-2009, 06:24 PM
gonna get this game soon. All the mags gave it a 5 or a 6 but all my friends love it

McKaystyles
09-03-2009, 06:53 PM
i just want people to exp how
Awesome it is. Everyone goes by review scores, sometimes reviewers don’t get it.

EOU Findub
09-03-2009, 07:34 PM
its a gem, and a clut classic, look past the graphics,
Get to know the game play and the jokes and this game is pure GENUINE FUN, such a fresh breath of air compared to all these games out there. If your not a hardcore gamer, you wont like this game such as the guy who said he thought it was average. If you don’t have the love for games to play an average game to see what unique and awesome about it, you just like to game for the big tittles, that’s cool. But any xcore fan can really see whats special about this game.

Hardcore gamer? I have owned every system since the regular Nintendo. I have been gaming ever since I could pick up a controller. If by 'breath of fresh air' you mean stale jokes and average gameplay, then you hit the nail right on the head.

I have played big titles, budget titles, movie games, you name it. I found this one very hard to separate and say "That was a GREAT and unique game." There really isn't a moment that is defining either. The only thing that I thought was funny is when they brought back the Schwarzenegger knock off guy like, 5 times.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad you like it! They need games like these to keep the humor alive. I just didn't find it interesting or as humorous as I would have liked.

TheVoidRose
09-03-2009, 08:00 PM
I loved this game but like many others, it was only a rental. The comedy in the game was just a play off of other big hit games and it played it off so well! Even at the end when the assistant revealed himself, that was an awesome play off of "the internet" and I enjoyed this game so much. The gameplay was a bit difficult, but I wouldn't mind playing through it again just one more time.

McKaystyles
09-03-2009, 08:11 PM
EOU, sorry if i came off harsh man.
The game is good in my eyes, but I know if I had played it as my first 360 game I would have bashed every aspect of this game. But as someone who always has the AAA tittles and keeps ion the know how, it was very refreshing to me. And im glad you can understand that, good gaming to you sir!

McKaystyles
09-03-2009, 08:12 PM
sweet deal Void, that was my point exactly

punker
09-03-2009, 08:39 PM
My buddy rented it and I played it over at his place for a bit. Nothing but a big pile of meh. I've actually talked three different people out of buying this game since playing it.

McKaystyles
09-03-2009, 08:43 PM
dud, if you just play one level you wont get it, i dont even think they released a demo for this game because if you just take a msall chunk out, it tastes sour, its the whole presentation as a whole. those peple are going to feel jiped if they ever pick up ths game and realized listning to you was a big mistake. esp when they get the 1k easy and they pick it up for 12$

punker
09-03-2009, 08:49 PM
The most satisfying part was knowing the company who made this game wouldn't get my friends' money.

EOU Findub
09-03-2009, 09:32 PM
EOU, sorry if i came off harsh man.
The game is good in my eyes, but I know if I had played it as my first 360 game I would have bashed every aspect of this game. But as someone who always has the AAA tittles and keeps ion the know how, it was very refreshing to me. And im glad you can understand that, good gaming to you sir!

No, you didn't. I'm glad you liked it and I do think people should at least give it a chance but they have to know that it probably won't be the best game in the world....

Ninja Cameraman
09-03-2009, 10:46 PM
I haven't played it on the 360 yet but when I played through it on the PS3 I had a blast. Yeah it was cheesy and the puns were bad but that was kinda the whole point of the game. I mean how can you hate a game with both Will Arnett AND NPH?

v_thorne
09-03-2009, 11:22 PM
This game was released a while back... like towards the beginning of the year... a little late to be making an entire thread about it.

It was good. I enjoyed the first playthrough. I wouldn't recommend it as a purchase though, not much replay value.

EOU Findub
09-04-2009, 12:55 AM
I haven't played it on the 360 yet but when I played through it on the PS3 I had a blast. Yeah it was cheesy and the puns were bad but that was kinda the whole point of the game. I mean how can you hate a game with both Will Arnett AND NPH?

See, I thought having Will Arnett and NPH would equal gold. I don't know if it was the script that did both of them in but they should have just let them ad-lib everything. Would have been much funnier.

This game was released a while back... like towards the beginning of the year... a little late to be making an entire thread about it.

And your point is? Would it bother you if I made a thread about Perfect Dark Zero? Thank you for the most useless comment of the day.

v_thorne
09-04-2009, 03:24 AM
And your point is? Would it bother you if I made a thread about Perfect Dark Zero? Thank you for the most useless comment of the day.

Why you're very welcome. I'm glad you decided to post a comment that is equally, if not more, useless as my initial one :)

TheFalcon
09-04-2009, 03:30 PM
i enjoyed this game myself too and am glad others did. the achievements were very managable and i 1Ked it over 3 days. like others have said, it was good to take a break and play this parody game. it was fun looking for all the obvious and not so obvious video game parodies.

i will agree with one thing though; the gameplay is kinda bad. very stale weapons and your movements are kinda clunky. some of the bosses were a royal pain on hard mode too.

Baryonyx
09-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I didn't love it, but it was pretty good. Sure, it was more fun to experience the atmosphere and the jokes than it was to play, but I definitely don't regret buying it. Passable action and a very memorable experience. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has played games for a number of years, as they'll appreciate the jokes.

wHw7
09-04-2009, 09:59 PM
I enjoyed the game quite a bit; paid 16 bucks for it a couple of months ago and I felt like I certainly got my money's worth. Yes, some of the jokes were cheesy but they were meant to be cheesy. The Mario parody with the green pipe and the Soak'em (Socom) guys were the funniest parts. "I'm gonna soak your ass"

punker
09-04-2009, 10:18 PM

Her comment isn't useless at all-- this thread is. Pretty sure her point was that there is already a Matt Hazard sub-section, with multiple opinion threads in it. Why did one need to be started here in the Games forum, for a game that's half a year old, no less?

EOU Findub
09-05-2009, 01:59 AM
Her comment isn't useless at all-- this thread is. Pretty sure her point was that there is already a Matt Hazard sub-section, with multiple opinion threads in it. Why did one need to be started here in the Games forum, for a game that's half a year old, no less?

So their opinion about a game and checking to see everyone else's opinion is useless on a forum then? I mean, I have no problem directing someone to the appropriate forum if it in the wrong section but to give an opinion and then add a snarky comment kind of irked me.

It's fine though. I have no problem with someone else's opinion and if they want to add an annoying after-thought, I will keep my mouth shut. If this needs to be put in the correct section, then I am sure a mod will do so.

McKaystyles
09-08-2009, 05:53 PM
first off, searchg up mat hazard, youl find nothing dude, this is the most active forum this game got after release. 2nd off, if you dont liek it, dont post. and does ANYONE know how well the game sold?

Baryonyx
09-08-2009, 06:45 PM

If you don't like the game or thread feel free to fuck off, because you're adding nothing of merit here, you're just winding yourself up.

McKaystyles
09-08-2009, 08:02 PM
thanks Bary, but punker has nothing better to do.

punker
09-08-2009, 09:08 PM
If you don't like the game or thread feel free to fuck off, because you're adding nothing of merit here, you're just winding yourself up.

Actually, I gave my honest opinion on the game already. The fact that I didn't care for the game has nothing to do with anything you're even trying to spout here. He asked for opinion... sorry if I read the rules of this thread wrong where it said "only positive feedback of the game may be given." And as far as my post that you quoted, I simply made that last comment to back up Thorne when her statement was called useless, when it in fact, wasn't at all.

first off, searchg up mat hazard, youl find nothing dude, this is the most active forum this game got after release. 2nd off, if you dont liek it, dont post. and does ANYONE know how well the game sold?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1265

McKaystyles
09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
punker, you just confirmed what i said dude. there are threads, but none of them like this one.

punker
09-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Well there are a few opinion threads right there on the first page of the Matt Hazard sub-forum I just linked, but that's neither here nor there. I was simply trying to point you in the right direction since anyone viewing threads there will most likely have either played the game already, or have an interest in doing so... and you'd probably get the better feedback you seek by posting in there.

McKaystyles
09-08-2009, 09:28 PM
thanks punker

kaotix uk
09-10-2009, 01:14 AM
I bought this game mainly 'coz i heard it was easy achievements, but the story and style of the game were enough to keep me playing right to the end. Plenty of nods to other games and generations of gaming, and it was a fresh change to the typical shooters the 360 is churning up left,right and centre. No replayability or multiplayer, so i traded it in, but they at least made a joke out of not having multiplayer at the end in a form of an achievement :D