PDA

View Full Version : Co-op/PvP?

Capn Beggs
09-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Hey folks!

I know that there is gonna be 4 player online coop but is there any mention of a pvp style multiplayer? Or any sort of versus mode for more than 4?

Just thought it would open the game out to clans and all sorts of multiplayer antics?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

neok182
09-03-2009, 02:49 AM
There is going to be an arena and dueling between players but not much has been said beyond that. I think it's still limited to 4 players though. no full on multiplayer.

Though a lot of specifics about this haven't been said yet so it's hard to say anything right now. Should find out everything about it within the next month.

FYC Punker
09-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Like the above post said you can fight against you'r friends... Or "Party" and thats about it.

neok182
09-03-2009, 10:33 PM
maybe multiplayer in borderlands 2 if the first one does good enough.

FYC Punker
09-03-2009, 11:55 PM
maybe multiplayer in borderlands 2 if the first one does good enough.

I dont think so,i see Borderlands as a Fallout 3 with co-op.

Dont count on it.

neok182
09-04-2009, 02:03 AM
I dont think so,i see Borderlands as a Fallout 3 with co-op.

Dont count on it.

Gearbox has said that they already have plans for more games. And Take Two isn't like EA or Activision, they love giving new properties a chance. As long as Borderlands makes some profit Take Two will probably green light a second one.

And honestly i think this game is going to sell very well. Maybe not when it first comes out but once word gets around and the reviews come out coupled with the holiday, i think that it the long run it's going to do good.

Hell god knows it can't do worse than bionic commando lol.

Capn Beggs
09-04-2009, 02:42 AM
Ah well, Ill still be picking it up on release day anyhoo because it looks awesome and is my type of game!

Coop should be a great laugh and cant wait to get my hands on the millions of weapons lol

FYC Punker
09-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Gearbox has said that they already have plans for more games. And Take Two isn't like EA or Activision, they love giving new properties a chance. As long as Borderlands makes some profit Take Two will probably green light a second one.

And honestly i think this game is going to sell very well. Maybe not when it first comes out but once word gets around and the reviews come out coupled with the holiday, i think that it the long run it's going to do good.

Hell god knows it can't do worse than bionic commando lol.

Oh no you missed my point i dont doubt for a second that there wont be a second Borderlands but i dont expect them to throw in a competitive multiplayer.

neok182
09-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Oh no you missed my point i dont doubt for a second that there wont be a second Borderlands but i dont expect them to throw in a competitive multiplayer.

ohhh okay lol. yea well gearbox has said that they really want to hear from the fans and take our opinions into what DLC comes for this game and any ideas for borderlands 2 so if people really want multiplayer then they just gotta keep asking lol.

personally I think that the arena should have like an 8-player option. Two teams of 4 playing each other. That would of been fun. Though with 3 of your friends you can still have a lot of fun in the arena.

Mrs Cliffton
09-04-2009, 07:12 PM
I cant see them doing a larger scale vs. strictly for the reason they the pres (i forgot his name even though hes like the only one who ever gets interviewed :P) has expressed that they want fans to be immersed in the story about the world of Pandora that they created.

To me that sounds like a tactful way of saying, we dont want the focus to be shifted from the campaign to competitive multiplayer.

plus they would have to code alot more things for multiplayer, playlists, custom arenas, menu and sever seperations, etc..

As amazing as I think it would be I cant see them doing that, unless the sequel was primarily focused on the MP :/

FYC Punker
09-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Not to mention the fact that theres millions of guns....How would that work..?

:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:...... :eek: