PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing games that turned out to be quite good.

thomasgeorge
09-04-2009, 07:07 PM
What game did you think was very good but would be embarrased to tell your friends you own. Mine would be Kameo and wallace and gromit

Daiphyer.
09-04-2009, 07:14 PM
No game is embarrassing, for example whoever think having spongebob or wallace and gromit in your gamercard is embarrassing needs to grow up, and play some games other than GoW and Halo 3.

Baryonyx
09-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Wallace and Gromit kick ass you tool.

Purge
09-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Naruto games.

XBLsFinest
09-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Viva Pinata got 1000/1000:uzi:

The Kenz
09-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Hannah Montana. I'm not embarassed to have played it (there're better things to be concerned about than what games are in your history), but people have reacted as if I should be.

Fact is, it was fun - and the bottle toss achievement was seriously one of the hardest things I've ever experienced...massive sense of satisfaction after I got it.

Vendetta
09-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Hannah Montana. I'm not embarassed to have played it (there're better things to be concerned about than what games are in your history), but people have reacted as if I should be.

Fact is, it was fun - and the bottle toss achievement was seriously one of the hardest things I've ever experienced...massive sense of satisfaction after I got it.

Lol. This is actually kind of a good thing to hear for me since one of my friends challenged me to cross to 100K with that game. So I am going to try to get a 99,000 gamerscore then I am going to 1K Hannah to get 100K. :D

Kaspanova
09-04-2009, 11:37 PM
My friends just shake their head at me when I say i actually loved Disney's Bolt and Kung Fu Panda.

Pffffft! They're great.

Dragon's Heart
09-04-2009, 11:42 PM
My friends just shake their head at me when I say i actually loved Disney's Bolt and Kung Fu Panda.

Pffffft! They're great.

I never played Bolt, but I liked Kung Fu Panda.

I really don't care what people think of the games that I have played, I play everything for fun, either I like the game or I don't, but I don't care what people say about them...I think the ones I get the most crap about though are Avatar and Totemball...I get shit for Avatar because not only do I have the 1000/1000, but I also actually played the entire game...I get shit for Totemball just because I actually have a couple achievements for playing the game...

Sizzlebuzz
09-04-2009, 11:46 PM
I knew blue dragon had a kid show or anime show, or something like that. But it turned out to be a decent RPG.

Darklord Saige
09-05-2009, 02:04 AM
If your embarresed by games you play, then thats embarrising in and of itself.
I've played games from all spectrums, and I have to say alot of the kids games I have played were entertaining and comical.

drakehellsing
09-05-2009, 02:25 AM
I don't care what games people play myself, if they play it for fun or whichever, it's all good for me, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

For me, I enjoyed playing games like Bolt, Night at the Museum 2 and any of the lego games.

Power Mike
09-05-2009, 03:05 AM
Viva Pinata (and Viva Pinata: Tip) so good, yet so wrong

Alice in Wonderland
09-05-2009, 03:09 AM

Pffffft! They're great.

Kung Fu Panda was pretty fun ! I really loved it, and I like most of the ''kids'' games. The legos things we're pretty awesome too, I got lego Indiana jones when I bought my xbox, and I was not sure about what is was going to be, and I played it and bought Lego Batman too :)

D4B0MB1N4T10N
09-05-2009, 05:08 AM
kameo really surprised me. being a launch title, its still better than most stuff they throw at us now!

i found it to be quite a good game.

GhOsT SLaYeR
09-05-2009, 05:14 AM
at first I thought why would I play viva pinata, but its one of the best games.. imo its fun.. Viva Pinata (980/1000) Viva Pinata TiP (1000/1000) both great games....(can't wait till new 1) .....wasn't embarrassed tho-

Baryonyx
09-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Kung Fu Panda was pretty good. Great movie too.

Cacky
09-05-2009, 09:30 AM
I was surprised with The Bourne Conspiracy, I expected it to be very bad, but it turned out to be an enjoyable 1000.

MrFresh
09-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm not embarrassed at all for the games i play, the ones i do catch heat for and people thinking its embarrassing is the Lego games...i enjoyed them all. Lego star wars 2, and the indy i have 1000 im working on batman as we speak and i still havent played star wars the complete saga...and in the next two lego games coming Indy 2 and harry potter.

v_thorne
09-05-2009, 10:41 AM
No game is embarrassing

Then I suppose you've never heard of "My Horse and Me" have you?

Anyway, I'd have to say TMNT. I actually enjoyed that game quite a bit, and it was my first 1k.

RadiantViper
09-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm not really embarrassed by the games I've played, but games people have acted like I should be embarrassed for playing are Viva Pinata and the Lego games. Viva Pinata is simple relaxing fun, and the Lego games are awesome no matter what age you are.

CoregBlue1
09-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Other people said I should be emberrassed to play Naruto The Broken Bond or Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 on my Xbox and not PC.

Naruto TBB was the best Naruto game I“ve ever played. It took my 100 hours for sure, because i loved the online mode.

I have to say that its just a rumor that no one plays C&C RA3 on Xbox. Maybe at the beginning but now there a really al lot of players.

In The End are both really great games and I can say, It doesn“t matter if you play C&C on PC or Xbox.

Genesis x360a
09-05-2009, 12:39 PM

I hate 2 admit it but i have to agree, I played that game in one sitting and i finished it i was like that was a pretty fun game and would definitly play it again if i had to :p Other than that i like all the kids games i love playing them lol I think there awesome and fun to play, Expect Ra-ta-too-o that game was shit.

Daiphyer.
09-05-2009, 12:42 PM

Anyway, I'd have to say TMNT. I actually enjoyed that game quite a bit, and it was my first 1k.

I've heard of that game, and it's not embarrassing to say that I've played My Horse and Me, not every game should be Call of Duty or Gears of War!

Dragon's Heart
09-05-2009, 12:48 PM

My horse and me must not be that embarrassing of a game to play cause I have seen quite a few people that have played it and a lot of them say that it really wasn't that bad of a game...

v SnOwMaN v
09-05-2009, 01:31 PM
I've heard of that game, and it's not embarrassing to say that I've played My Horse and Me, not every game should be Call of Duty or Gears of War!

It is is embarrassing to see a boy playing My Horse and Me. It is a game for girls regardless what anyone says. It is even worse when you have 25 and older men buying this game to get achievements in it. If it isn't embarrassing for a male over 18 to own that game then I have nothing else to say.

SAD is all I can say.

CallumF73
09-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Fuzion Frenzy 2, got it in a pack with Viva pinata, kameo, xbl: unplugged vol 1 and PGR3 for £13 brand new! It has awful reviews, but tbh i enjoyed my time getting 1K in it. Was easy, but some minigames were quite fun.

Daiphyer.
09-05-2009, 02:16 PM
It is is embarrassing to see a boy playing My Horse and Me. It is a game for girls regardless what anyone says. It is even worse when you have 25 and older men buying this game to get achievements in it. If it isn't embarrassing for a male over 18 to own that game then I have nothing else to say.

SAD is all I can say.

I agree it's a girls game, but it shouldn't be that bad of a game for any horse riding fan.

IT IS embarrassing for a older men to buy it just for achievements.

Genesis x360a
09-05-2009, 02:53 PM

SAD is all I can say.

Lol Coming from a guy who gamesaved, How can you call anybody sad for getting achievements legit?? Regardless the game. Im not trying to start an argument with you or a flame war (Or whatever you like to call them) I just think its ironic thats all.

Morty
09-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Viva Pinata

How epic is that game

Cpl MattBlack
09-05-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm gonna go with the Viva Pinata. When I started playing it, I knew it was kind of a kids game but I kept playing. 1000/1000 yeahhh.

Veteran
09-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Hannah The Movie.

No srsly.

Dragon's Heart
09-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Fuzion Frenzy 2, got it in a pack with Viva pinata, kameo, xbl: unplugged vol 1 and PGR3 for £13 brand new! It has awful reviews, but tbh i enjoyed my time getting 1K in it. Was easy, but some minigames were quite fun.

Haha...I think Fuzion Frenzy 2 is actually the first game that I played on the 360 (besides Hexic hd) and I actually thought it was kinda fun...

Another game that I can think of that everybody kept talkin crap about is Rock Revolution, but I don't think it is all that bad (especially since I bought it for like under $5.00 brand new)...

NawtyCawty
09-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Viva Pinata for me too. Its a bit of a gay game I suppose, but it is a damn good game and a lot of fun too so who cares what people think! Its better than just playing COD or Halo 3 all the time and dying of boredom!

Coadster1
09-05-2009, 06:44 PM
I guess Eragon and Open Season, they were not the best games I played, but were not total crap.

KFZ Scrubs
09-05-2009, 06:54 PM
For me, it'd have to be Lost.
Lost because i hate that show, but i guess the game wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.
I'm still stuck on it though.
EDIT
Oh yea, winter sports 2k9.
It wasn't that bad, just annoyed the shit out of me.

Indie Hero
09-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Feeding Frenzy turned out to be pretty good. Like I don't think I'm close to the 10 hour mark for it but I'm still trying to 200/200 it.

Barad
09-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I loved Surfs Up and couldn't stop playing it for a long time lol

Soulflyy
09-06-2009, 01:17 AM
for me it was G Force being a movie tie in i thought it would be crap

but it turned out to be pretty decent :p

Dz06lt
09-06-2009, 01:27 AM
i dont have these but i would find them embarrasing to be on my list

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dead-or-alive-xtreme-2/achievements/)
High School Musical 3: Senior Year DANCE! (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/high-school-musical-3/achievements/)
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/leisure-suit-larry-box-office-bust/achievements/)

KSizzle
09-06-2009, 01:45 AM
I loved Surfs Up and couldn't stop playing it for a long time lol

This is one for me....I also actually enjoyed it, lol. Also Avatar of course...I haven't stooped to HM or MHM2....Yet, lol ;) If I get really desperate though, I know they are out there....

dorkzilla123
09-06-2009, 05:14 AM
i dont have these but i would find them embarrasing to be on my list

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/leisure-suit-larry-box-office-bust/achievements/)

I got this game and it really isn't as bad as the 1.0 OXM gave it. I mean you have to do the same stuff in games like GTA and Saints Row... It's just a little perverted (okay, alot perverted) and cartoonish. But it's not total garbage.

Hannah The Movie is garbage! I have it on my profile (damnit!) and I never played a game so unresponsive to my controller in my life. If I didn't rent it, I would have cracked it in half and set it on fire..

I agree with Open Season and Lost: Via Domus. I never watched either one and enjoyed playing them.

KSizzle
09-06-2009, 05:56 AM
I got this game and it really isn't as bad as the 1.0 OXM gave it. I mean you have to do the same stuff in games like GTA and Saints Row... It's just a little perverted (okay, alot perverted) and cartoonish. But it's not total garbage.

I disagree....This game is Complete garbage! I gave it a shot too. I actually tried to finish it but just couldn't take it anymore. The glitchy controls and horrible camera angles make it almost unplayable. If it wasn't so poorly designed it might have been a fun game but I totally agree with the 1.0 that OXM gave it. It could very well be the worst game ever made for the xbox 360.

CallumF73
09-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Haha...I think Fuzion Frenzy 2 is actually the first game that I played on the 360 (besides Hexic hd) and I actually thought it was kinda fun...

Yeah, some games get too much criticism. Bear in mind it was also like the first proper party game on the 360. I'd give it a 6/10 :p

Royle
09-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I liked TMNT I thought when i bought it, it would be a big pile of crap but it wasn't too bad and the achievements were poppin like mad so it wasn't actually bad.

ieatadobo12345
09-06-2009, 04:45 PM
My xbox came with the game, so i decided to try it. The missions were actually fun.The little "uh" they say when they hit the ball are even funnier.:Bounce:

Demobot
09-07-2009, 08:37 AM
I am assuming that it doesn`t have to be a xbox game. Mine would be Pokemon Blue on the bus. on the old school gameboy.

Kaspanova
09-07-2009, 10:40 AM
ieatadobo12345 - Thats a brilliant bunch of minigames :D

bbk70
09-07-2009, 11:49 AM
The embarassment factor comes from WHY I got the game, not the game itself. I have to be honest, the only reason I got Avatar was because it was an easy 1000g, which is really a shameful reason to get a game, I have not put it in my xbox since i got the 1000. I've played several other games listed here, I have young kids so I have to be kid friendly sometimes when I play (thus why I'm playing Mini Ninjas at the moment), but because of this I've played some really enjoyable games - Kung Fu Panda, Harry Potter, Lego Indy / Batman etc. Nothing to be embarassed about there!

RHYS JONES SAFC
09-08-2009, 03:03 AM
UNO best arcade game ever and even better than soe retails but its UNO and its good ?:confused:

Hoffasgrave
09-08-2009, 03:30 AM
mine would be the lego games, mainly lego batman. As many i got it from gamefly for an easy 1000, but i found myself enjoying it :) I didn't care of the many messages of people who laughed or pointed out i was playing a Kids game.., I'm a stoner and really enjoyed this game it was imo the best batman game up untill Batman:AA it had a great soundtrack and good action lol I loved it :)

ApochWeiss
09-08-2009, 03:51 AM
I never have been embarassed by the game, but people have made the game that embarassing in it's self. The only one I'd be slightly embarassed by would be Hannah Montana, but hey, I have no shame so I don't care what people think of me for getting that 1000 :P

Others I've been ripped apart for are:
Eternal Sonata
Night At The Museum
Roogoo
Tales Of Vesperia

There are probably others but those are the ones I was chewed apart for the most.

bLaKgRaVy
09-13-2009, 05:58 AM
Any kiddie game (Cars, Ice Age, Night at the Museum). I got 1000 in Up and quite enjoyed it. Also 1000 in Hannah Montana. I kept saying to myself while playing it, "I can't believe I'm playing Hannah Montana." It wasn't that bad, I just wished you could run instead of always walking. The carnival games were fun too (well, Frog Toss and Bottle Toss were). I just got My Horse & Me 2. Gonna bury that on my gamertag once it's done.

Project Eurasia
09-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Open Season was very good and i enjoyed eragon to bothered if anyone thinks its childish!

HacksawDoomx187
09-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm notsure I'd say I was embarassed to have played any games but anything I played purely for achievements I wish I hadn't. I hit 100k, was ecstatic, woke up the next morning and realized I wasted a year and a half on gamerscore.

Pheonix_Assassin
09-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Well i guess you could say Feeding Frenzy and Viva Pinata as there childs game but i found them awesome

Dragon's Heart
09-13-2009, 07:05 PM
K...I might play viva pinata now cause I have seen quite a few people saying that it is actually a fun game...I've played party animals, but the only reason I bought it in the 1st place was b/c the money went to the Children's Miracle Network...

The Kenz
09-13-2009, 08:13 PM
K...I might play viva pinata now cause I have seen quite a few people saying that it is actually a fun game...I've played party animals, but the only reason I bought it in the 1st place was b/c the money went to the Children's Miracle Network...
I don't think you'll regret it. Viva Pinata (and Trouble In Paradise) are both really fun and way better than Party Animals.

Hope you enjoy whichever one you get.

ninja monkey
09-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah I was a little skeptical when I picked up Viva Pinata because of the TV show, but it was such a fun game, I've also got Viva Pinata: TiP but have yet to play it. Also the Lego games are just awesome it's nice to play games where you can just relax & take your time playing them.

Gorilla Stomper
09-13-2009, 09:09 PM
I used to be embarrased about the fun i was having on Viva Pinata, but then i stopped giving a shit.

ReignerRuler
09-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Iv never really been angry with a game, but i would like to NOT have Kung Fu Panda on my tag' beacause i dont find it fun.
Why, oh why did it have to come with the infinitley better Lego Indy Jones?

Steve50013
09-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Lol. This is actually kind of a good thing to hear for me since one of my friends challenged me to cross to 100K with that game. So I am going to try to get a 99,000 gamerscore then I am going to 1K Hannah to get 100K. :D

I have lost all hope in man kind...

Dragon's Heart
09-14-2009, 12:31 AM
I don't think you'll regret it. Viva Pinata (and Trouble In Paradise) are both really fun and way better than Party Animals.

Hope you enjoy whichever one you get.

Most likely, the way we buy games, I will end up having both eventually...lol...Right now I am concentrating on our pre orders though...

mortenl
09-14-2009, 06:03 AM
I got Lego Indiana Jones with my 360 and thought it would be boring, but it turned out to be very enjoyable. So I ended up buying the rest of the Lego games as well. (When they were available for around £10 of course)

Firing Dutchman
09-14-2009, 07:41 AM
I had the same with Lego indiana jones. But once I started playing, I loved it!

A HERO EMERGES
09-15-2009, 09:38 AM
i got kameo, for the mrs , but i played it and liked it alot,

mines uefa champs league 06, since bought it for £1.99, played it hated it kept playing it love it, think its great. a decent football game, thats underrated

check online and everyone pans it straight away.

Raider
09-15-2009, 09:42 AM
I hate sports games and avoid them, I have less than 12k from them. The only one I enjoyed was NBA street home court. I also really loved Kameo.

ferrari360max
09-15-2009, 12:07 PM
I actually enjoyed Open season lol.

Xedoss
09-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I had the same with Lego indiana jones. But once I started playing, I loved it!

It was Lego Star Wars for me. The complete Saga that is. I've bought every other Lego 360 game after that. Now i'm actually anctious to play the next Lego game (Lego Harry Potter i believe).