PDA

View Full Version : What's the best/easiest way to get at least 75% on expert mode?

WilyMoROCKS
09-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Does getting higher medals equate to a larger percentage completed?

Unlocking all the unlockables gets you a certain amount as well, I assume.

Does anyone know if completing secondary objectives gets you extra completion percentage points?

Do you get extra completion percentage by maxing out all the upgrades?

Thanks to anyone who can explain all this.

X JOHNSON 4
09-05-2009, 02:55 AM
I could be wrong but i thought that you only get completion points for the medals you get in the story missions, i hope im not right though since now its almost impossible to get platinums with expert mode since the times have been lowered and enemies are more powerful.

Edit 2% for upgrading everything

bobbowski
09-08-2009, 02:43 PM
I can tell you that you get a good amount of percentage points for upgrading your "talents", close to a point for each level you raise (at least at levels 2 and 3, I didn't pay much attention at first). Outside of having fully upgraded bots, you need a good amount of golds and can have a bunch of silvers as well and you'll reach the 75%.

KiddingPigeon
09-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Yeah I had 9 platniums, 2 silvers and the rest golds and that got me to 73% (at this point havent upgraded doing the last lvl trick so about 1/4 through the upgrades, upgraded to just under 50% of stats and i jumped to 77% so id suggest run through the game doing only the first missions and not the ones that open after compleating an area then getting to the last bit and upgrading ;)

CityOfVillains
09-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Getting unlockables counts towards the percentage
Getting better medals counts towards the percentage
Getting upgrades counts towards the percentage

If you fully upgrade, and get just about all the unlockables, I believe you could get it with only a silver in each mission.

Kenmaster360
09-22-2009, 03:21 PM
About the medal, there is +1% of completion for one higher grade medal.

Everything gained in the games count towards the % of completion, EXCEPT the energons (scores).

For information, I have 75% completed the Decepticon Campaign and unlock the achievment. I have never tried one of the side mission (22/23, includes final mission) and 2 in game unlockables of Megatron (charge shot and special ability related) not unlock.

Saluki 00
03-28-2010, 02:37 AM
78% Autobot Campaign, Final Stats:

22/23 missions completed

5 Platinum
10 Gold
4 Silver
2 Bronze

If you do the math, that means I didn't even medal on 1 mission, which was one I was just wanting to survive to be able to move on.

All unlockables
All upgrades except lvl 3 on 5 categories (keeps from having to replay missions over and over to get energon to upgrade)

It's all about getting the right character. My medals were a mess until I "unlocked all characters" for a particular area. Use Ironhide for Autobot using his "Proximity Grenade" and special ability.

Saluki 00
03-28-2010, 07:01 PM
76% Decepticon Campaign, Final Stats:

23/23 missions completed

4 Platinum
14 Gold
4 Silver

If you do the math, that means I didn't even medal on 1 mission, which was one I was just wanting to survive to be able to move on.

20/24 Unlockables
All upgrades except lvl 3 on 8 categories and lvl 2 on 1 category (keeps from having to replay missions over and over to get energon to upgrade)

Use Long Haul's grenades, and Megatron using his Lighting Gun, and his Fusion Arm special ability to finish bosses FAST.

wals42
04-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I know I sound stupid by saying this...But what are THE unlockables?

OnTheRun
04-21-2010, 11:32 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/bcappelletty/wals42.jpg

Just joking man, Im a rookie myself. ;) The unlockables are shown in the map screen if you tab over (RT). Its basically a bunch of challenges (e.g. Use Bumblebee's turbo 100 times) that you complete to unlock useless stuff like concept art and cutscenes.

JTL
05-23-2010, 07:50 PM
This may not be the quickest way if you're very skillful. But I personally think that completing all unlockables and upgrades is a must as they are easy, plus you don't really need to care about the medal. I've only spent a day (roughly 6-7 hours) to get both 75% achievements. Here are the final stats:

75% Autobot Campaign
All unlockables and all upgrades completed
All missions completed: 0 Platinum, 6 Gold, 14 Silver, 3 Bronze

76% Decepticon Campaign
All unlockables and all upgrades completed
All missions completed: 1 Platinum, 9 Gold, 7 Silver, 6 Bronze

Katarn84
06-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Well, that means I'll stop using Soundwave and G1 Starscream and Sunstorm...