PDA

View Full Version : Desribe your perfect game

xl RETRO
09-05-2009, 02:40 AM
As the title says, i'm curious as to what people would see as their perfect game. What genre would it be? Would it have Co-op and such?

For me, it'd be an Oblivion style game, except with an online side, maybe like Fable 2. It'd have to be Oblivion but with a multiplayer aspect, such as trading with other players, doing quests together like taking on mythical monsters and such. I'm a big RPG nerd so this would be my heaven, so what are you guys thinking?

Alice in Wonderland
09-05-2009, 02:55 AM
I would love to see a game like Prototype that have online play and co-op. This would be perfect for me !

Fallen x360a
09-05-2009, 03:14 AM
I would love to see a game like Prototype that have online play and co-op. This would be perfect for me !
Crackdown. Somewhat like Prototype, I personally hate it, some people like it. Think of it as GTA and Prototype mixed in with super powers lol.

Power Mike
09-05-2009, 03:15 AM
If Infinity ward and Bungie got together and made a game it would be pure awesome on a disc. it could easily be game of the year and best selling game of all time

ReignerRuler
09-05-2009, 09:30 AM
I would like to see a large multiplayer game of THE THING, nothing like that xbox/pc one which whilst being good didnt really capture any horror and felt like Half-Life when the commandos came in.
So what i would want is for it to be grittier, more bloody, be an 18/M, have an option to ban kids from playing online, 16 players - think more along the lines of Fragile Alliance from Kane & Lynch, of course include the 'generic' modes of MP but make sure its Humans vs Things or its a no go. And of course a SP experience which actually has some form of suspense... also to please the RPG side of things, why not make your character customisable (This would probably reflect onto your THING since its still your guy/woman) and make weapons have bulk (seriously the guy with an Flamethrower would probably be most useful, if youv seen the film, rather than the guy with a pistol but would move far slower) - not much but still good, i think.
And did i mention a free cracker with every game?
That should do it.

Gackt
09-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Gears of war with dedicated servers and kill box's for people who try to glitch outside of the maps. That is all I want.

Cacky
09-05-2009, 12:40 PM
I would love to see an RPG similar to one of my favourite ever games, Mass Effect. I would have lots of interesting side quests, characters, and weapons. It would have lots of replay value and a storyline that will encourage people to play it over and over.

Daiphyer.
09-05-2009, 01:02 PM
I want a GTA with complete Co-op system, I want it to be arcade not realistic, lots of side quests, and a bit of RPG feeling into it. (Customizing characters, abilities, multiple paths for every quests ... )
Game of the decade, I'm telling you.

v SnOwMaN v
09-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Good gameplay and co op and no LAG online.

Yunder
09-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't mind having a game where people like Jack Tompson and Hilary Clinton won't look on and say "That game is destroying our childrens' minds."

But I want the game to having all the violence and sex and drugs in it. ;)

CallumF73
09-05-2009, 02:17 PM
1.) Engrossing campaign with support for online co-op
2.) Long lasting multiplayer with numerous modes and constant updates and support.

That's why i love halo 3 :)

Or for a handheld:
1.) Many hours of play that is easy to drop into and out of, but also hard to put down
2.) Support for multiplayer of any and all varieties to enhance gameplay.

And thats why i love my pokemans.

l Absolution l
09-05-2009, 02:46 PM
I would consider a perfect game for me being a game with infinite replay value. An RPG style game,, where you can make a lot of different choices in the game, to make it that every playthrough will be different. Thousands of weapons and armor combination's, etc. Oblivion almost did that.

master_shake_350
09-05-2009, 04:34 PM
A nice GTA free roam game equipped with weapons, racecars from all racing series equipped with weapons, mini games that include Space Invaders and Pacman, some good music, multiplayer (Co-op) and chicks with busts! That's my perfect game

TheVoidRose
09-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I MMO, with the ability to do what ever you want. With lots of combat options, and alot of social activities to do with others. Something like free realms but with more options.

VladimirK
09-05-2009, 05:17 PM
TES III: Morrowind but with Oblivions graphics, quest journal and quick travel.

MJGB
09-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Personally,

CoD4 + RSV2 Customization + Dedicated Servers.

Or, as bad as it might sound, a Runescape game made by Bethesda. Would be pretty fun.

VladimirK
09-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Or, as bad as it might sound, a Runescape game made by Bethesda. Would be pretty fun.

Kinda off topic, but you could look into Sacred 2 if you want that.
No online and not by Bethesda but it's like Runescape and it's actually quite good.

Daiphyer.
09-05-2009, 06:39 PM
No online and not by Bethesda but it's like Runescape and it's actually quite good.

It does have a online co-op as far as I know.

Porpoise King
09-05-2009, 08:43 PM
A game similar to MAG and Starwars battlefront.

It would just be a huge war style game. 16 player co-op and like 100 vs 100+ online multiplayer. There could be 2 teams or it could be 1 team played like SW:BF (have like 100 real people vs. 1,000 AI)

Gackt
09-05-2009, 08:48 PM

Sacred has online play but it is NOTHING like friggin Runescape

Barad
09-05-2009, 10:13 PM
a mix of midnight club and nfs..

agentplatypus
09-05-2009, 10:14 PM
The Orange Box.

HellzDream
09-05-2009, 10:32 PM
MAG mixed with Halo... now that would be sweet! 100 vs 100 Halo style. :woop:

Asariel
09-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Thinking a bit outside that box and likely decades down the line with regards to AI I'd like to see something that takes an entirely different approach to forming a game. A few new areas being pushed of late with user generated content, realistic 'sandbox' world and of course all the multiplayer aspects. All trying to give that extra immersion or depth.

Sandbox world, full physics engine (in that if you can think it, you can do it) and tons of characters with no pre-programmed "script" but a set of ways to react and a massive vocabulary to go along with it. Drop yourself in as a character and go about things however you want, voiced activated or freeform text responses. (Anyone see Milo?). Games come in in forms of scenarios you can inject into the world or base settings (medieval tech, 'greenfield' new world survival, futuristic etc.) add in the ability for folks to program their own characters and let them loose and perhaps a MMO environment.... Whether or not an AI will ever be that advanced to be immersive or even as entertaining as pre-scripted story based games (bit like films or novels) I don't know.

Not really I game I guess but an impossible game engine, always been what I'd like to think could come into gaming in the next 30 years or so anyway.

Being more down to earth anything with an engaging story and decent voice acting grabs me rather well, whatever genre.

oRedBull
09-06-2009, 02:42 AM
An FPS (COD4 style) with these additional features:
1. The ability to pull your allies back into cover, if they are in a firefight you know they can't win.
2. The Ability to dive on grenades to sacrifice yourself to save your team.
3. Have civilians or animals (environments pending) around the map with penalties for killing them.
4. Full customisation of your weapons and equipment (the ability to have custom paint jobs, custom scopes, custom attachments, etc.).
5. Have a map set in a city (like New York, but not ruins of New York).
6. Have an RPG style levelling system (choosing attributes, perks, character customisation).
7. Have an online co-op game mode where you fight off waves of enemies (similar to Hoarde or Firefight).
8. Large war size armies fighting each other (200+, on each team).
9. Realistic destructive environment.
10. An entertaining challenge system that gives extra xp to go towards to levelling system.

Capn Beggs
09-06-2009, 04:23 AM
My Perfect Game...

Platform: XBOX360
Genre: MMORPG/FPS

Features:

My perfect game would be something similar to Fallout3/Borderlands only with an MMO element.

All the missions could be coop and once characters had levelled high enough clans could be formed within the game. Characters would be fully customisable as would most of the weaponry equipment etc.

Once a clan has been formed they are given territory and when the clan are online they can raid other territories for some multiplayer action.

*slips off into dream...*

Frostbite123
09-06-2009, 05:42 PM
I think like a Dead Space that had like multiple places to go like for example like fallout that would be the best game ever killing necromorphes and just exploring

oRedBull
09-06-2009, 05:56 PM
My Perfect Game...

Platform: XBOX360
Genre: MMORPG/FPS

Features:

My perfect game would be something similar to Fallout3/Borderlands only with an MMO element.

All the missions could be coop and once characters had levelled high enough clans could be formed within the game. Characters would be fully customisable as would most of the weaponry equipment etc.

Once a clan has been formed they are given territory and when the clan are online they can raid other territories for some multiplayer action.

*slips off into dream...*
they need more people like you in the industry, why aren't you making games?

Sirboscos
09-06-2009, 06:07 PM
I want a game with AI's that can THINK! Wow that would be great.

Genesis x360a
09-06-2009, 06:08 PM
My perfect game would be mix between Lost Planet and Bioshock, The underwater and erie feel of bioshock with the Lost Planet gameplay, Pure awesomeness. Also i would have NO collectibles or online achievements :) Also dedicated servers so no terrible online lag!

Euvel
09-06-2009, 08:04 PM
The perfect game -

I believe the perfect game would be of the horror genre and a very serious one of that. In this game would be a lot of depressing images/happenings, gore, monsters (all shapes and sizes), and ONE MAN! None of this co-op/multiplayer crap.

The basis of the story -
You're on the chase of an escaped convict who leads you into the abandoned town of Eelwood. This town is much like any old town with redbrick three story buildings touching each other down long streets with small businesses, banners, and the smell of raw sewage seeping from the sewers. The man you're chasing claims that his wife needs him and has been known for his emotional outburst. During your chase a heavy fog engulf you and, being unable to see too far ahead of you, causes you run over a large black dog; causing you to wreck into a meat parlor. Inside the parlor it seems like people were there maybe a little shorter than a month ago. Small insects and maggots crawl over the wasting flesh of live stock, or perhaps other things. You attempt to use the phone and discover they are all connected to a single operator's office. This is where your suspect is hiding, and claims that you murdered his poor sick wife. (The story will continue to unfold with twist and may or may not consist of multiple endings. All, if any more than one, will end in a very depressing manner.)

The Characters -
Detective John Fielding - A 31 year old man who works as a detective. He is on the edge of his life. His wife left him, children disowned him, and lack of work has made him desperate to make any catch. After hearing about an escaped convict running from a not so far prison for the mentally ill, he readies himself and goes off for an easy catch.

Isaac Fielding (No relation) - A 26 year old who was placed in a mental hospital, prison in other terms, after numerous murders. His quickly depreciating health has made him weak and unstable. He will do anything he must to survive.

(More characters would be in here of course but these are the two the story revolves around the most.)

Gameplay -
Third person angled (fixed camera) and a following camera for running down long streets. There will be no HUD displays. You have to pause the game to check your ammo or supplies. Shooting your firearm, most likely a pistal but rifles and shotguns will be placed in the game, should be a last resort. Running is a far better option. Though you can pick up weapons to hinder or beat your enemies. The enemies would consist of all things horror. Seemingly lifeless corpse on the ground twitch back to life for the taste of meat, abominations would rage after you, and on the few occurrences boss battles. And what would a horror game be without its puzzles that force you back down that narrow hallway where you just encountered a woman screaming for her life only to be pulled into the dark abyss by the unknown.
Edit: I forgot to add traps while I was posting this earlier. There will be traps like man holes, furnaces, and more. You will be able to escape all these traps if you know what to do.

Cheats -
THERE ARE NO CHEATS!

Easter Eggs -
A few. Maybe enough for a good breakfast. Maybe not.

And that is what would make my perfect game! Until I play and regret the day I thought of this creation.

Capn Beggs
09-07-2009, 03:22 AM
they need more people like you in the industry, why aren't you making games?

lol if they approached me it would be a straight Yes. Cant program for crap but i could sit there and tell people what to do no problem lol

elephantd
09-07-2009, 05:55 AM
Saint's Row 2, with manhunt's Brutality.

Gavin TTC956GP
09-07-2009, 09:18 AM
A good RPG or FPS like GTA IV or Far Cry 2 with an intense storyline, graphics and a fair amount of weapons to use.....but with no GLITCHES whatsoever, if it's glitch free, it's fine with me(hey that rhymes) :)

For a racing sim, Forza 2 Motorsport has to be "perfect" in my book....so far!

Sirboscos
09-07-2009, 03:26 PM
lol if they approached me it would be a straight Yes. Cant program for crap but i could sit there and tell people what to do no problem lol

Hey, even i can do that! That would be the best job in the world :)

Sambuca Queen
09-07-2009, 10:02 PM
I would love to see an RPG similar to one of my favourite ever games, Mass Effect. I would have lots of interesting side quests, characters, and weapons. It would have lots of replay value and a storyline that will encourage people to play it over and over.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic are like Mass Effect for reply value. And its a good Star Wars RPG. Wouldnt mind that happening with a Lord of the Rings game. I do like RPGs where you can reply the game with a different character everytime.

Unterofficer
09-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Try Baldurs Gate 2 for PC. It is basicly everything you are looking for.

Anyway my perfect game. Well as Baldurs Gate 2 is the perfect rpg, and Silent hill 2 is perfect survivor horror I only need a good FPS. Basicly what I want is Operation Flashpoint with good AI, co-op, lots of weapons to choose, R-rating (Can't be in a war where humans get blown to pieces, but everyone keeps a clean mouth.) without too much emphasis on gore, realistic tank- and choppergameplay, and good commandingsystem. That would be a perfect game for me.

GreaseMonkeyGB
09-08-2009, 04:23 PM
All i can think for this is... A NEW MIDTOWN MADNESS :D:D:D:D but i don't think it will happen somehow :(:(:(

Gorilla Stomper
09-08-2009, 05:57 PM
FPS with Tank/Gunship sections with gore and limbs flying around and swearing left right and center.

xBloodxEaglex
09-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Mines more for PC

I love mmorpgs.

But i would like one where you can choose ages. So space age, Modern, Oldern Times. And play as a character throughout them. Leveling up and getting awesome gear.

So, mmorpg, always online.

Raider
09-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Amazing story, told well with great voice acting. (Lost Odyssey/Mass Effect)
A game that grabs you from the second you turn it on, not one that you have to play half the game for it to get going. (mass effect/call of duty)
Immersive (fear, bioshock, the darkness, condemned)
Gameplay which is deep and versatile. (fallout/oblivion/mass effect)
A large open world/universe (fallout/oblivion/mass effect)
Be able to exchange/give money items to your friends over live (fable 2)
No forced, rubbish, tacked on multiplayer (the darkness, stranglehold etc)

Basically... what I hope mass effect 2 is.

Venomized
09-10-2009, 04:12 AM
As the title says, i'm curious as to what people would see as their perfect game. What genre would it be? Would it have Co-op and such?

For me, it'd be an Oblivion style game, except with an online side, maybe like Fable 2. It'd have to be Oblivion but with a multiplayer aspect, such as trading with other players, doing quests together like taking on mythical monsters and such. I'm a big RPG nerd so this would be my heaven, so what are you guys thinking?

I would spend 120$ on the game I am about to say.

I would want a Jurrassic Park game, but Survival RPG style (Online/Splitscreen 4 Player Co-op enabled). There is a mass area of Jungle, mountains, rivers, open space, caves, abandoned facilities, etc. And there are Dinoasaurs all over the place; Every type of Dinosaur. I would also like some AI human computers who are trying to survive and try to kill you as well. You start in a plane and you eventually crash into the jungle (Totally random everytime you crash). Now when you land you and your team mates have to find weapons, food, med packs, etc. You start with a few weapons such as Knives, flare gun, and one person has a pistol with one clip (this is just an idea). Now the game doesn't necessarily have a story, but you have to survive until rescue comes or you find a way off the island. And you dont even know where you are on the island. Honestly, the idea of Velicoraptors jumping out at you randomly, T-rexs Chasing you and eating your team mates just enthrills me and intrigues me. I love games where I get scared and where there is suspense. Also, if a team mate dies, he is dead for the rest of the game (or you could add something to bring him back like finding a certain item or place). And if a dinosaur attacks you or a team mate and devours his arm, he has one arm and cant hold a Rifle, etc. he has to hold a pistol or a knife, and someone has to bandage him up or he will bleed to death.

I don't know. It would be very difficult to make and I dont know how many people would enjoy it. But I would be the biggest fan.

I personally loved Turok (only because of the Dinosaur/ Jungle Idea). Though I would have enjoyed it soooo much more if you could have team mates (Co-op) and it was more realistic.

bensonrecon
09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
For me the perfect game has to be pretty deep with heaps to do.Like a Fallout 3 or GTA.Co-op has now become an absolute must for me too.

Closest things that are coming out at some stage that I would class as potentially the perfect game are Borderlands as I love the concept and love the idea of drop in drop out 4 player co-op.Other title that has really grabbed my imagination is APB.If the 360 port can handle 100 players in a city (I doubt that seeing how notoriously bad EA servers are) the idea of building crews with friends and trying to dominate dozens of other players while playing a GTA/Saint's Row style game is enough to make me wanna pee my pants :p