PDA

View Full Version : Tiger challenge at Pebble Beach

richie0331
09-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Mini rant...I was playing the challenge at Pebble Beach were you play Tiger in match play. Would just like to say that he went -20 under in 17 holes and beat me 2 and 1. I believe he had a total of 5 eagles. Freaking ridiculous! I was even on amateur difficulty lol. No way in hell he should be that good.

nastymastadaddy
09-05-2009, 07:40 PM
yea well i hit a hole in one and tiger matched me with one that was really crazy. i dont know if this makes a difference but tiger was doing really good in the beginning of the round (i was hitting "A" to skip his shot so i didnt have to watch it. then i started watching the entirety of his shot and he started doing worse. i dont know if i was lucky or if this works all the time like this. just thought id say something. anyways hole in one matched to halve the hole....god...

jamieCR7
09-06-2009, 12:12 PM
You will find this challenge to throw up a few curve balls, particularly when Tiger is playing shots that would never happen. I can remember getting birdies, and Tiger was off the green on his 2nd shot on a Par 4, and he pitched it in from a ridiculous range.

If you haven't completed this challenge yet, then just take it easy and you will get there eventually. I eventually played a round were Tiger was average and I beat him 4 & 3.

DarkSeraphim198
09-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Depending on how well you play, the AI seems to adjust Tiger's playing abilities. It maybe worth just watching his shots, instead of skipping them. It took me a couple of attempts to beat him, just need to persevere and sooner or later he will crumble.

marecat41
10-06-2009, 07:20 PM
yea well i hit a hole in one and tiger matched me with one that was really crazy. i dont know if this makes a difference but tiger was doing really good in the beginning of the round (i was hitting "A" to skip his shot so i didnt have to watch it. then i started watching the entirety of his shot and he started doing worse. i dont know if i was lucky or if this works all the time like this. just thought id say something. anyways hole in one matched to halve the hole....god...
I did unbelievable on the front 9 (11-12 under) and then went only 5 under on the back.

scottb
10-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Guess I was really fortunate because I was expecting it to be deadly after reading here - did it first time this morning! Tied at 18 and I pitched in for eagle on the first playoff hole :-D lol Only have the final tiger challenge to do now at Torey Pines but reckon it will be insane :-(

CanuckLefty
10-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Depending on how well you play, the AI seems to adjust Tiger's playing abilities. It maybe worth just watching his shots, instead of skipping them. It took me a couple of attempts to beat him, just need to persevere and sooner or later he will crumble.

I took the first line to heart and deliberately missed a few fairways and/or left myself some long birdie putts, and eventually won -15/-12 at Torrey and 4&2 at Pebble.

Anemic Solitude
11-10-2009, 02:01 PM
I just tried it for the first time at Pebble Beach. While I lost, Tiger didn't do anything amazing. I was kicking his ass on the front 9, then he got up 2 with 8 or so holes left and basically he didn't miss anything on the back 9, which made it impossible for me to close the gap.

I hope I don't have to play this a bunch of times, because 18 holes with Tiger is worse than a root canal.

qubiq
11-12-2009, 12:26 AM
:uzi::uzi::uzi:Tiger at Pebble Challenge.