PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2 Mission 7 speed vid

Lonsta DaMonsta
01-31-2007, 07:20 AM
Ok, I'm stuck at the very end when he blows himself to the exit door... is there something I'm missing?

http://speeddemosarchive.com/demo.pl?Doom_UV_e2m7_017

I'd appreciate any help regarding the end, as far as where exactly I need to shoot, do I need to be running, etc... he does it so fast I can't really tell.

Thanks,
~ Lonnie

Lonsta DaMonsta
01-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Nevermind, I beat it the long way. I would delete this post but I can't figure out how (I sound like a newb). :P

~ Lon

Mulsiphix
02-24-2007, 01:10 PM
After watching that video I don't understand how he was able to get to the final door. From what I could tell the walkway to reach the door had not risen yet so how in the hell did he cross the gap? He was zooming around but the game doesn't support jumping. Shouldn't he have fallen?

Aksh0le
03-29-2007, 02:38 AM
those cheap gaps are how a bunch of those speed runs are done. I've been following them to get the rampage achievement and some of the levels must be done the long/hard way, if anyone can explain how these gaps are cleared I would love to know, because normal running wont let me go that far.

Mulsiphix
03-29-2007, 10:36 PM
After watching the video again I see how he does it in this particular instance. He has invulnerability and he shoots a rocket at the side of the wall. It explodes and launches him across the gap. When watching it listen for the explosion. As soon as it sounds he is pushed across the screen.

deathbypig37x
04-22-2007, 01:55 PM
:( Maybe it's just me, but the video isn't working.
It pulls up a 7 second soun byte with no vid. What's going on?:confused: