PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order Incentives?

Tim1601
09-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Hey does anybody know of any pre-order incentives for this game yet?

Preferably in Australia since that's where I am but I'm interested in what other folks get too :)

toonsage
09-08-2009, 06:27 AM
well im not sure what australia gets but US gets an exclusive weapon of some sort and a chance to play the demo of the game a couple of weeks before release date.
"Reserve Brutal Legend and receive a GameStop Exclusive Tenacious D in-game guitar/weapon. This amazing piece of badness will feature an entirely new and different suite of effects – not only a unique, sexy body inspired by the members of Tenacious D, but new sound effects, new voice over work from Jack Black and Kyle Gass and a new visual effects suite – trust us, it’s going to rule very, very hard. This epic guitar/weapon will also be seen by other players in multiplayer, albeit briefly, as you destroy them with this GameStop Exclusive Guitar. Available for online and in-store customers while supplies last."
" Reserve Brutal Legend and be the first to play the demo with GameStop's exclusive early access. Preview of the game’s non-stop hack n’ slash action and mayhem a week before anybody else when you pre-order from GameStop. Demo begins at 11:00 am pst on 9/17/09. Available online and in-store while supplies last."
source: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73463

Tim1601
09-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Hmm well I've noticed that the deals from gamestop (which doesn't exist in Australia) tend to be available in Aus through EBgames, which is a division of gamestop.

Fingerscrossed

darkboy1200
09-13-2009, 03:56 AM
I plan to buy the game either way, and the guitar really isn't that cool. I was hoping to get something better, like a t-shirt, messenger bag, or even a little statue. The Tenacious D guitar is funny to look at, but do I really need that bad? I suppose I just do it. Might as well get a little extra bang for my buck since I plan on getting the game anyway.

toonsage
09-18-2009, 07:00 AM
I plan to buy the game either way, and the guitar really isn't that cool. I was hoping to get something better, like a t-shirt, messenger bag, or even a little statue. The Tenacious D guitar is funny to look at, but do I really need that bad? I suppose I just do it. Might as well get a little extra bang for my buck since I plan on getting the game anyway.

yea i agree, like the shirt jack black wears in the brutal legends thoughtsvid 6 shirt ispretty awesome =]

Tim1601
09-22-2009, 05:30 AM
Pre-ordered today. :woop:
I was gonna get the game on release day anyway so anything extra for free is fine by me lol.

Krudax
09-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Gamestations preorder is a Tenacious D guitar unlock ingame

KamikazeQ
09-28-2009, 12:16 AM
I preordered from Amazon. No cool DLC or unlocks but Prime subscribers get free release day delivery. The game is 3 bucks cheaper than gamestop's price and you get $10 credit towards your next video game purchase from Amazon.

Considering that they went as far to record new voice overs for the preorder bonus content it wouldn't surprise me if they offer that for sale in a couple of months as DLC.