PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo vs Sega

PyreBall
09-07-2009, 11:09 PM
First off, this is NOT a thread for raising hell about which company is better, so don't even think about it. Second, I don't know how many of you familiar with Nintendo's Super Smash Brothers fighting game series, but if you aren't, they're fantastic and I'd recommend finding a friend who has a copy of either Melee or Brawl and a Wii if you don't have the money to purchase one so you can play one of them. I didn't truly realize just how many great characters were in Sega's fold, and while reliving my childhood with this game collection, I had a thought: what if Nintendo decided to try not just crossing over it's own worlds, but doing a full company crossover with Sega for a Smash Brothers game? I mean, ya gotta admit that'd it be awesome to Shinobi squaring off with Marth :D What're your opinions on my little pipe dream? :)

Mikey1610
09-09-2009, 11:32 AM
My opinion is that a Super Mario & Luigi v Sonic & Tails tag team match would be far better.

[Waggly Bean]
09-09-2009, 11:52 AM
My opinion is that a Super Mario & Luigi v Sonic & Tails tag team match would be far better.

Maybe not Tails, but Sonic was in the Wii Smash Bros, right? So you've got most of your team there I guess...

I'd like to see more games with classic SEGA characters in anyway, whatever they are. Not awful remakes like Golden Axe Beast Rider or whatever it's called, but games like Smash Bros that have character appearances.

I quite enjoyed SEGA Tennis for this reason, although the game did get a bit old fast. But then again, I've never been a massive fan of tennis games anyway, so there you go.

But yeah, a full on Nintendo/SEGA crossover thing would be good, especially as I'd rather be seeing the SEGA characters than the Nintendo ones! :D

Some SEGA charcaters I'd like them to add:
Alex Kidd
Turner from Comix Zone

PyreBall
09-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Well of course. That'd be the ultimate classic match up. :)

Married2Mary
10-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Its always good to dream..Martin luther king had a dream that one day...nintendo and sega will ocme together as one called nintega and create something amazing lol.

PyreBall
10-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Ha, that's not what I meant. In fact I'd be loathe to see Nintendo and Sega merge. Nintendo is at least still doing well. Poor Sega can't seem to stop finding ways to hamstring themselves. They come up with great concepts but add something entirely unnecessary that makes it almost unplayable. I just wanted to see this crossover because, like it said, it'd be a battle of the classic console rivals and on top of that, it'd be awesome to see some Sega characters other than Sonic in the Smash Bros world. I've been trying to come up with a roster for the Sega side of at least 20 characters and I may post it some time...

II OE II
06-09-2010, 01:46 AM
i personally own a SNES to this day and i really enjoy playing the classics... I have played genesis, and i dont bash either system because i have played lots of games for both. Though a brawl idea could be:

Dan Hibiki (SF:A) and Dirk (Dragons Lair) VS Asterix and Toejam

DOA_Rose
06-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Starfy vs Ristar, Tyris Flare vs Lyn, and Ryo (Shenmue) vs Alex Roivas (Eternal Darkness)...You know, since Eternal Darkness 2 & Shenmue 3 will probably never happen.

Starstrukk X360A
07-01-2010, 01:41 AM
I think I'll pass on the offer. I love crossovers but I just can't see that working well.

Mikesahhh
10-07-2010, 06:02 PM
i wishh nintendo would go out of buisness then all there games and classics come to xbox live