PDA

View Full Version : So my Xbox360 almost died last night ....

reymundo514
02-24-2006, 04:02 PM
I was playing PDZ minding my own business when the went all crazy. It was like when you used to get dust in your SNES cartridges with all kinds of random colors on the screen and the "Ring of Lights" around the power button turned red. 3 of the 4 lights, that is. The top right one was off which I guess means something. Microsoft's support webiste said it was probably a hardware failure and that I should unplug it, let it sit for awhile and try it again. So I unplugged it, let it sit for 3 or 4 hours and tried turning it on again. Seems to be working fine now but I hope this doesn't become a regualar occurrence.

graf1k
02-24-2006, 04:16 PM
If the 'weird colors' on the screen looked anything like these blocks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/skyypirate/frz.jpg

take it from me, your in for a visit or two from your UPS guy and about a week of more free time.

ianc125
02-24-2006, 04:21 PM
yes if it looks like that you better get a box sent to you mine looked like that and i sent it in i also had the 3 red light issue

Substance 360
02-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Hard Luck man ive also been having a problem in PDZ when the game just goes in what i like to call slow mode. It just really goes slow, and funny enough Nightfire on my original XBOX ended up being like that.

ianc125
02-24-2006, 05:27 PM
it might be just a problem with your game but if it freezes up constantly with any game or even on the dashboard then you should send it in

reymundo514
02-24-2006, 05:32 PM
If the 'weird colors' on the screen looked anything like these blocks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/skyypirate/frz.jpg

take it from me, your in for a visit or two from your UPS guy and about a week of more free time.

It looked wierder than that. Almost like a bunch of little emergency broadcast system screens. I'll have to see if it happens again.

g4m3r7ag
02-24-2006, 05:41 PM
you mean like every color of the raindbow down the screen in rectangular blocks or somethin right, definatly grab a picture if it happens again

reymundo514
02-24-2006, 05:55 PM
you mean like every color of the raindbow down the screen in rectangular blocks or somethin right

yeah that's exactly what it looked like. i hope t doesn't happen again but if it does i'll grab a picture.

reymundo514
02-24-2006, 11:05 PM
It just happened again. This time it looked like the pic posted above. I called MS Tech Support and they're going to overnight me a box to send it to them in. Then I guess 5-7 business days later I'll get a new one in the mail. I'm not very pleased that it broke in the first place but I have to admit MS is right on top of it. They told me to keep my hard drive so when I get my new one it'll be like it never broke. Good thing I am going to be out of town the week after next anyway so I'll hardly miss it.

I bet there's going to be a huge supply of refurbished 360s in a the near future.

ianc125
02-25-2006, 01:47 AM
youll probably get it back in seven days because im on my 5th and they havent contacted me yet??

Predator360
02-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Thats fudged up. I hope that theres no problumswith the xbox 360.

PaleGringo
02-27-2006, 05:23 PM
I was playing some CDs on my 360 while we were playing an (actual) game of Texas Hold 'Em. Power surge, lights in my ouse went off for half a second and the 360 turned off. When I turned it back on, I got the three red LEDs (excluding the bottom right) and thought "$#!t. That's not good."

I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it back up and running, but after that the wireless connection on it was on the blink for about 48 hours. Had to keep binding, rebinding, turning controller and console on in different orders. Finally got it working predictably but I don't know what it was. My heart goes out to you in your time of loss.

graf1k
02-27-2006, 06:54 PM
That reminds me, what the hell happened to that free Texas Hold 'Em game that was supposed to hit Live? Major Nelson was talking about that like a month ago...

PaleGringo
02-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Dunno... but until it hits, we have an ESPN card game set we play with, complete with 11.5g metal chips.

I am SO for playing that on XBL. Without a camera... how can they call your bluff?

reymundo514
02-27-2006, 09:00 PM
I was playing some CDs on my 360 while we were playing an (actual) game of Texas Hold 'Em.  Power surge, lights in my ouse went off for half a second and the 360 turned off.  When I turned it back on, I got the three red LEDs (excluding the bottom right) and thought "$#!t.  That's not good."

I had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it back up and running, but after that the wireless connection on it was on the blink for about 48 hours.  Had to keep binding, rebinding, turning controller and console on in different orders. Finally got it working predictably but I don't know what it was.  My heart goes out to you in your time of loss.

Yeah i found online that 3 red lights usually happens during a power failure or surge. I had neither and it didn't go away.

I've also notices that if I have a little static charge in me when I hit the eject button the shock somehow disconnects me XBox Live. I just have to go reconnect through the dashboard but that's still wierd.

k_dog
02-27-2006, 10:48 PM
I have the Latest run of 360's (Post DoA 4 release) so I hope I don't run into this issue.

Tough luck man, many of my friends have also experienced this...

-Brian

Chaz Of Sparta
03-02-2012, 07:42 PM
I had that once when I accidently turned off my Xbox by the mains, turned it back on and it was fine.

Kairi
03-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Way to necro a 6 year old thread...I think that may be a record! XD

Anyway to try being on topic, Microsoft is pretty good with fixing Xbox issues. They were great when my Xbox had the E74 error :)

ChickinOnaChain
03-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Way to necro a 6 year old thread...I think that may be a record! XD

Anyway to try being on topic, Microsoft is pretty good with fixing Xbox issues. They were great when my Xbox had the E74 error :)
I was in a thread last week that was 6 years old.

BUT...mine also did this and like you Kairi, it was the E-74 error.

Drewdude1023
03-02-2012, 09:34 PM
How the heck do you revive a thread this old? Its one thing if theres constantly been activity but its been SIX YEARS!!!

ChickinOnaChain
03-02-2012, 09:38 PM
How the heck do you revive a thread this old? Its one thing if theres constantly been activity but its been SIX YEARS!!!
The General Xbox Discussion has 831 pages. Just hit "last" instead of #1! :)