PDA

View Full Version : General Question about achievement...

Lonsta DaMonsta
01-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Ok, I am playing through the game on Ultra-Violent mode, so that way when I finish up the game, I can get both the episode achievements and the ultra-violent achievement.

My problem is, that everytime I defeat a boss (in which then I get the episode achievement), then my game freezes. It happened on the first bost in episode one, and now the 2nd boss in episode two. So since I can't go any further after each episode, I have to start a new game on the next episode.

Will I still receive my ultra-violent achievement even though I didn't beat all the levels in the same save? (I'll have 4 different saves total).

Lonsta DaMonsta
01-31-2007, 10:01 PM
Crap, I just researched a little bit, apparently there's a short mission in each episode after the boss? Well that's just freaking great, I can't go past the boss due to my game freezing every time.

Shaaady Souljah
01-31-2007, 10:02 PM
you should be fine. it goes off of your online profile saves/achievements... rather than your game file. i have had this happen in other games and still have gotten achievements for beating full games.

Lonsta DaMonsta
01-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Well the ultra-violent is for beating all of the levels... and I can't get to certain levels because my game freezes after the boss... and I don't see a level select anywhere :(

The Killer 47
01-31-2007, 11:25 PM
I had it freeze up after defeating the bosses too, but you just make a seperate save file for each episode and you shouldn't have any problems.

Lonsta DaMonsta
02-01-2007, 04:36 AM
You had the same problem too?? Wow... glad I'm not the only one. So you made a new save file for each episode and received the achievement after defeating the episode 4 boss??

If so, I'm glad to hear this.... I just thought I was screwed because I thought there was a short level after each boss...

Crash
02-01-2007, 01:35 PM
there is a secret level for each episode, but you do not need to play those for the achievement. After defeating a boss it should go to a screen of text for the end of the episode. After that you can not continue on, but rather have to start a new game and go to the next episode. So as long as you defeat the bosses you should be alright.

Lonsta DaMonsta
02-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Ok, thanks for clearing this up... makes me feel a lot better about doing all of this (especially since I don't really care for the game much, just trying to finish up some arcade games).

One more quick question (and possible problem), on Episode3 Mission6, I watched the speed video for the secret exit, and now after that I'm on E3Mission9... which means I think I surpassed the boss :S .... hopefully I won't have to redo E3, but I'll guess I'll find out later today (I plan on playing for the next several hours until I finish it.)

Crash
02-02-2007, 01:02 PM
One more quick question (and possible problem), on Episode3 Mission6, I watched the speed video for the secret exit, and now after that I'm on E3Mission9... which means I think I surpassed the boss :S .... hopefully I won't have to redo E3, but I'll guess I'll find out later today (I plan on playing for the next several hours until I finish it.)

It won't be a problem. Once finished with secret mission 9 you will go back to mission 7.

Lonsta DaMonsta
02-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Yep, and after a few long, long, long hours, I am done with this game. I had dreams last night about those flying monsters... ahhh.

Thanks again for the help and guidance.