PDA

View Full Version : Isn't anyone else looking forward to this?

gmorra
09-08-2009, 07:14 PM
There is no talk about this game on the forums so I thought I would start a topic. Who else is looking forward to this game? I think it looks fantastic, reminds me a bit of Deus Ex just in third person. Could be interesting!

Already pre-ordered it!

McKaystyles
09-08-2009, 07:52 PM
does rmeind me of deus ex, but it the graphics look bleh in myu opinion and they seem to be covering up tp much info on it. i dont think its going to be that great,

gmorra
09-09-2009, 12:53 PM
does rmeind me of deus ex, but it the graphics look bleh in myu opinion and they seem to be covering up tp much info on it. i dont think its going to be that great,

Well the developer has never made a bad game, they haven't made many but at least the few they made were good. They are the developers of "Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II" which was a big success! Not only that but they are also the developers of "FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS"! So I do believe that they can pull this game off!;)

FallenHero 117
09-20-2009, 08:23 PM
What d'ya mean is no one looking forward to this?!

This is my must have game. In fact I've posted on this forum several times stating how much I want this game.

Voxael
09-23-2009, 12:42 PM
This is probably THE game I want most this year ... which given my levels of interest in Assassin's Creed 2 and Fallout GOTY is saying something.

Sadly, despite the levels of awesome this game seems to be promising, I think it's totally going to be overlooked thanks to MW2 ... stupid over-rated game that it is ...

Axe Argonian
09-24-2009, 09:34 PM
It looks sweet, but Obsidian and Sega are hardly promoting or release new details on this game. I personally hope that they start soon; it's usually a bad sign when a developer hardly talks about his own game when it's hyped by fans.

Or, they may delay it into 2010, but that won't be a bad thing if the game gets more time to be perfected.

Muridin
09-29-2009, 08:50 AM
This is probably THE game I want most this year ... which given my levels of interest in Assassin's Creed 2 and Fallout GOTY is saying something.

Sadly, despite the levels of awesome this game seems to be promising, I think it's totally going to be overlooked thanks to MW2 ... stupid over-rated game that it is ...
I heard they were going to delay it....this would solve your problem id say but you'd have to wait abit longer

MrOleg
10-08-2009, 02:51 AM
I heard they were going to delay it....this would solve your problem id say but you'd have to wait abit longer

according to this site
the release date is now in May 2010

DarthSoth
03-30-2010, 09:43 PM
I am really looking forward to it. I loved Knights of the Old Republic 2. I know a lot of people didn't think to much of that game but I though it was just more of the greatness of the first, with good additions to the gameplay and a really really good story. Plus Kreia is still listed as one of my all time favorite NPC characters.

I am also a big spy, espionage and stealth fan so mix the company behind KotOR 2 with Spies and I am all in. Looks great.

HeartbreakRidge
04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
A spy RPG? Sure. I really didn't need more, but knowing that they did Kotor2 (which I liked despite the issues) and that Bethesda has trusted them with Fallout New Vegas helps.

:Bounce:

Merc With A Mouth
04-09-2010, 05:05 AM
Already pre-ordered it!

Me and U both Brother! This game has been pushed back for SOOO many months...Im just glad it's coming out soon.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0906/godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

Merc With A Mouth
04-09-2010, 05:07 AM
And I also see I'm a little late to the discussion haha

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0906/godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

Daiphyer.
04-09-2010, 06:28 AM
I'm really looking forward to it. I just hope the gameplay is just as good as they're showing.

neubourn
04-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Ive been keeping my eye out for this game for a little while now, im a huge Mass Effect fan, and this game seems like a James Bond M.E. game kind of, so i think it has potential. I still want to read some reviews about how the gameplay is before i decide to buy it when it comes out, but im definitely interested.

Goats
04-10-2010, 04:19 AM
I think it looks lazily put together. Not going to buy it. Not even considering a rent at the moment... but in time I might change my mind.

X F1ftY 1ne
04-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Game has huge potential but I'm not sold entirely of the combat just yet. Have to wait for some more videos and maybe a demo.

Here's hoping.

Soulflyy
04-11-2010, 08:39 AM
doesn't really bring anything new to the table was actully quite painful watching the trailer

FragOn
04-20-2010, 10:33 PM
I agree with Goats, it just looks a bit sloppy.. especially the animations.. but I hope I'm wrong and this game will rock. Have to wait some more I guess..

Deathr0t
04-23-2010, 01:14 AM
I can't wait, hoping it will flow like Mass Effect and with a Syphon Filter feel to it.

Hoborg
05-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Looks graphically inferior. That's the only concern I have with the game. Looks terribly dated.

The Finn
05-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Game looks sweet and I love how everyone is talking about the graphics. Splinter Cell has shit graphics yet you never hear talk of that. It's got good lighting but back on topic.

Been at anticipation station for this game since I realised it was basically ME in a spy world. THATS FUCKING AWESOME. :D Can't wait!

x13
05-04-2010, 08:59 PM
I was. Then they been delaying it without warning for the last 2 years. Now it looks like an average game with bad graphics and sub par animation.

Oh yeah, the reason it was delayed and why did they pee in the fans faces?
So they could work on fall out new vegas....

Hoborg
05-05-2010, 01:49 AM
No, it was delayed because it lacked polish and focus. There was a leaked internal memo from some suit who criticized the game for being "hard" and didn't feel like an RPG.

Hopefully, the more polished RPG aspect will make up for its dated graphics.

Btw, I think Splinter Cell looked good. Not great, but certainly not dated either.

SubG3nius
05-09-2010, 06:09 AM
I've looked forward to this game a long time now, now I'm getting second thoughts if I really should buy it, it do look great but there are many other good looking games coming out this month.

I haven't made my mind up quite yet... If I don't get this on release I'll buy it a month from when it's released anyway.

rvlution
05-09-2010, 09:15 PM
You bet I'm looking forward to this. Unfortunately to it though, AP is playing second fiddle to Red Dead Redemption for me.

Saracin
05-21-2010, 04:07 AM
I have been waiting for this game since it was first showed off in Game Informer. Just like Bioware, I've loved Obsidian since back when they were Black Isle.

I also thought I'd mention that if anyone is either getting it from Game Crazy, or works at Game Crazy, I'm looking to trade an Assault Weapons pack code for a Stealth one. Didn't want to start a whole new thread for this unless I had to lol. Just toss me a message if anyone can help me out.

mathguyscott
05-21-2010, 04:22 PM
This game is going to be amamzing!

Siduakal77
05-21-2010, 05:21 PM
If this gets delayed again, I will be disappointed.

wh1tel1ght
05-25-2010, 04:37 AM
im definately gonna pick this up day 1. sad that theres not alot of action in this forum. i think this is gonna be a great game if they pull it off the way they want to. but i guess alot could go wrong. heres hoping for the best.

Clavy
05-25-2010, 07:24 AM
I find this an interesting game, a bit ME with James Bond kind.

Still wonder how it will play.

jgahagan
05-25-2010, 10:43 AM
I must admit that the lack of attention and also dubious lack of actual gameplay videos worry me, nonetheless I'm still looking forward to this and will definitely pick it up on day one. Roll on Friday!

bustin
05-25-2010, 05:13 PM
i cant wait to pick this game up. hopefully ill have red dead beaten by then but if not this game will just have to sit on my to play pile.

Deathr0t
05-25-2010, 06:40 PM
I must admit that the lack of attention and also dubious lack of actual gameplay videos worry me, nonetheless I'm still looking forward to this and will definitely pick it up on day one. Roll on Friday!

Yeah... where ARE the gameplay videos?

Either way, day 1. I am assuming the lack of attention is all due to Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption, but I still have faith and am putting this as my sleeper of 2010.

Mass Effect + Syphon Filter + Splinter Cell = Alpha Protocol, how can you go wrong....

jgahagan
05-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Mass Effect + Syphon Filter + Splinter Cell = Alpha Protocol, how can you go wrong....

Boy, I hope so. I've been looking forward to this for ages, I doubt it'll disappoint but I hope the customization at least has improved (haircuts, beards and outfits).

primus01
05-25-2010, 11:39 PM
i got this game yesterday for ps3...its alright but not what i was expecting. then iv only played half hour of it. (i blame red dead redemption)

Double2Seven
05-26-2010, 10:15 AM
I also have it for the xbox 360, its not as polish as Mass Efect, but i think it will please some.

darkconsoles
05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
got it for 360, already played almost 15-20 hours
awesome game, not as polished or high budget as mass effect, but very entertaining to play. Nice story, great dialogues, nice stealth system
Gonna play it 2nd time, because in this game choices actually means something for story (shame on you ME)
It have a very good "spy" romantic in it, so i reccomend it to everyone.

Clavy
05-26-2010, 12:10 PM
This game is really different than I'm used with ME. But still nice to play it.

Deathr0t
05-26-2010, 02:38 PM
got it for 360, already played almost 15-20 hours
awesome game, not as polished or high budget as mass effect, but very entertaining to play. Nice story, great dialogues, nice stealth system
Gonna play it 2nd time, because in this game choices actually means something for story (shame on you ME)
It have a very good "spy" romantic in it, so i reccomend it to everyone.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, definitely getting me excited, and very jealous of those who have an early copy :)

Darkconsoles - did you complete the first playthrough in 15-20hrs or is there still more to do? either in or out of main story? I guess we all could have beaten Mass Effect in 20hours but missed out on well more than 60-70% of side quests. And I guess I should'nt be comparing it to ME, it's just the only thing I have to go with right now. I am not expecting an "Epic" story like ME, just a similar guideline (kind of like Saboteur = GTA4 = Red Dead type thing)

jgahagan
05-26-2010, 04:07 PM
How is the weapon customization? It looked to be quite in-depth in the preview videos.

I X I Shock I
05-27-2010, 04:15 AM
I will be getting this, but not on release date, since I've been waiting for Backbreaker for a lot longer. But I will be getting it within two weeks of release.

But how is the customization in the game?

darkconsoles
05-27-2010, 04:51 AM
Darkconsoles - did you complete the first playthrough in 15-20hrs or is there still more to do? either in or out of main story?
there is no side-quest or anything, but still 2-3 playthougs needed for 1000 or another ending, different choices (on veteran class there is new dialogues) :woop:

Jamsin
05-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Ive been playing for a couple of hours and its pretty much lacking something.

The way the main character walks in crouch looks like hes getting fucked up the ass constantly, and the AI is pretty terrible, if you stand and walk/run at all the enemy detects you so I spend 97% of the time crouched, even accidentally doing a dash from one cover to another if you sprint in-between (automatically does it for the animation) then your cover is blown if someone is near or a tower guard is over-watching, yet if you crouched to the cover the tower guard wouldnt spot you.
(Im playing on the hardest difficulty so not sure if that affects that at all)

The aiming system is pretty bland and practically useless within range on a pistol if you dont let it auto close the crosshairs for a precision shot, dont expect splinter cell pistol accuracy in this when in a combat firefight..

levelling up skills seems reasonable, like pistols, shotguns, sabotage etc. doesnt seem to have much selection of pistols and weapons, whether these unlock as you go along I dont know I've yet to see any other than those that are high priced from the get go.

If this was developed by Mass Effect crowd or even if Splinter Cell went down the RPG route it would be much better using the fluid combat and movement that it does, overall its pretty average and not worth full price in my opinion.

some people may enjoy it, some people may expect more, Im keeping an open mind on it but in all honesty after playing Splinter Cell and Mass Effect this doesnt really come up to par in comparison, its feels like a cheap try hard, that was a bit rushed.