PDA

View Full Version : Tengu quests achiv glitched?

malcher
09-09-2009, 04:00 PM
I didn't get achievement for completing all Tengu quests, although I am sure that I did them all. I tried redoing them, but Tengu on Flooded Valley level isn't there anymore. I completed again other 4, but still no achievement.
Any help or ideas? Did that happen to anyone?

ErmacVersion1
09-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I didn't get achievement for completing all Tengu quests, although I am sure that I did them all. I tried redoing them, but Tengu on Flooded Valley level isn't there anymore. I completed again other 4, but still no achievement.
Any help or ideas? Did that happen to anyone? You're the 2nd person to have this come up. It is possible, even though in the achievements it doesn't say this, that you have to talk to all the Tengu? I got the achievement just after the quest with the Tengu who needed a Tiger Lilly in the Winter Range level, but I did talk to all the Tengu I met before this. Try going back and talking to all the other Tengu that don't have quests for you.

malcher
09-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I think that I already have talked to them all. I have been to all temples (talked to Tengus near them) and explored all levels while searching for animals talking to any Tengu I saw.

ErmacVersion1
09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I think that I already have talked to them all. I have been to all temples (talked to Tengus near them) and explored all levels while searching for animals talking to any Tengu I saw. This is very odd. Did you redo all the chapters and redo the Tengu quests? The only 1 you can't redo is the one with the flooded valley.

ascnimbles
09-09-2009, 05:34 PM
im having the same problem

ErmacVersion1
09-09-2009, 05:36 PM
im having the same problem This is most perplexing. I'll have to try with my 2nd account and see what I come up with guys.

ImmortalNinja
09-10-2009, 05:46 AM
Hmmm, did any of you die?
I've just started playing and have noticed that if you die you keep somethings but others like ingredients get respawned. It is possible this contributes to the bug. Such as if you complete the task but then die before you hit a save point.
I've got an extra shrine plant because of this.

KK

malcher
09-10-2009, 08:23 AM
I don't remember dying on a level with Tengu quest. One thing I can think of is that after completing Flooded Valley for the first time, I immediately replayed it again (to use Futo there), but that Tengu wasn't there of course. So maybe game overwrote my Tengu quests status marking that I didn't do the flooded valey one.

CrustyDirtDemon
09-10-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't remember dying on a level with Tengu quest. One thing I can think of is that after completing Flooded Valley for the first time, I immediately replayed it again (to use Futo there), but that Tengu wasn't there of course. So maybe game overwrote my Tengu quests status marking that I didn't do the flooded valey one.

That sounds like what happened, unfortunately...

I had all Animals in game and didnít get achievement, until I replayed the Canyon level and re-released all seven animals on that level. I noticed that when replaying the level, in the progress area it says that you have collected 0 out of xxx animals. I replayed that level to get the Silent ASSas Ninja achievement. But didnít re-release the animals on my 2nd replay, however after playing it a third time and re-releasing the animals the 100G achievement unlocked. So my guess is that by replaying the level and finishing it, it overwrote your save that originally had the Tengu completion quest data.

My buddy xRogue 5x had the same thing happen to him, and is now replaying the whole game over up until the last chapter that has a Tengu quest in it. He also deleted his game data to prevent any further problems, I will let you all know if it unlocks for him or doesnt:(

QBalu
09-10-2009, 04:09 PM
I had the same problem. I repeated all tengu quests several times and nothing. So I removed my saves and I started all again. I came to last tengu after 3h and it worked. Achi unlock.

xRogue 5x
09-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Yeah the above glitch hit me. Deleting your save and redoing them without replaying a level fixes it.

ErmacVersion1
09-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah the above glitch hit me. Deleting your save and redoing them without replaying a level fixes it. Mind if I add that to the guide and credit you for the find?

xRogue 5x
09-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Sure, I think you can replay all the tengu levels except for flooded field.

Because when you go to replay it since you already have the upgraded fishing rod the tengu doesn't reappear.

So don't replay flooded field until after you have gotten your tengu achievement.

Marriott
09-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Yupp, I got glitched as well. Got to the last Tengu and no achievement :( Guess I'll have to replay the game till the 5th Tengu later.

Methionine
09-11-2009, 08:22 PM
So just to confirm:

This only happens when you try to replay a level and only when you have not gotten the Tengu achieve yet?

Ways to avoid are to just 100% a level before you move on to next level or finish Tengu achieve before you replay any other level?

Ninja Edit:

And this includes replaying the Cannon level to get the silent ass a ninja achieve? If so might want to suggest not replaying this level in the guide till Tengu achieve unlocked?

Dead Herb
09-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Ive just got the tengu achieve and it pinged on my replay of the 3rd tengu in the guide in other words I played through the game first and replayed the first 3 tengu quests following the guide and it pinged so it seems this glitch is a problem from the flood gates

BAM60
09-12-2009, 06:55 PM
just run through it again if you dont get anything that just clear cache or whatever its called might work