PDA

View Full Version : FF7 unlock?!

SevenJesterHats
09-10-2009, 03:40 PM
there is a rumor i heard about FFVII (the greatest game of all time :P:)) would be including in this game, an unlockable feature when u past FFXIII. i dont belive it myself, but a man can dream, right? cant he?... (fingers cross)

what do u guys think about this crazy rumor?

Kairi
09-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Uh yeah.... that isn't going to happen. Honestly, someone would have to be a fool to believe that. Apparently they put FFVII on PSN (not 100% sure since I never used it) so that lowers the chance even more. If you want FFVII, plug in your PlayStation and pull out the disks.

DarkSeraphim198
09-18-2009, 04:49 PM
I think it is just that a rumour. As far as i'm aware FFVII is available on PSN (can't say for certain though, as I don't possess a PS3)

KNIGHTOFSERA
09-18-2009, 04:53 PM
It is on PSN...dont have a ps3 but just looked it up on the online store

dont think you can unlock it

Orbit-Helljumper
09-30-2009, 04:30 AM
Wow. If you haven't seen the technical demo, you know they're just trying to tease us and this is how all these rumors get started.

xentaria
10-14-2009, 09:35 PM
i downloaded it from the playstation store to my psp ive loved ff7 since day of release and still play it to this day. i dunno bout it being an extra on ff13, tho i would love to see ff7 on xbox live arcade, but never gunna happen :(

Nei Debrusc
10-18-2009, 03:56 AM
Considering that a copy of VII can go for over $50 on a good day, I don't think they're going to give it away for free. Of course, that $50 is on eBay (the only place to reliably find the hard copy), so Squeenix would probably charge a lower rate if they ever decided to rerelease it. Still, they'd make a lotta money off it nonetheless. But as has been said, they're never gonna do it. Ever.

Norman Coxwell
10-18-2009, 04:07 AM
Maybe it will be a weird trail thing like in smash bros. I don't know how FF games work as I've never played a single one of them, but maybe there would be references throughout the game to FF7? Like are the games inter-conecting? Does one game go into another? If so than that idea doesn't work. I'm pretty sure the entire thing's a lie though. Square Enix does sometimes through tricks into their games. Like they keep giving away stuff with there games. Got a Chrono Trigger CD with CTDS and a poster and post cards with Kingdom hearts. Maybe they'll be another disk in the case or a sleeve with a disc for pre-orders that has FF7 for the 360. Like improved graphics and all that. The most extreme and awesome thing they could possibly do.

However i'm just rambling trash out of boredom. If I hit anything worth while good, but I'm just rambling what might happen out of the blue. I have no real basis for anything I'm saying, besides the giving stuff away thing. That's real. Everything else is just random possibilities.

Ihazcandy4you
10-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Final Fantasy VII is far from the best FF. Wow. Bad story, boring characters. Materia is interesting concept but leveling it up is overly tedious..

People like it for the same reason they say Goldeneye is amazing, they brought their genres to huge popularity..

FF7 is even more hyped because people like: Tifas endowments, Sephiroths cool dark and mysterious thing hes got goin on and...Clouds big sword?

xentaria
10-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Final Fantasy VII is far from the best FF. Wow. Bad story, boring characters. Materia is interesting concept but leveling it up is overly tedious..

People like it for the same reason they say Goldeneye is amazing, they brought their genres to huge popularity..

FF7 is even more hyped because people like: Tifas endowments, Sephiroths cool dark and mysterious thing hes got goin on and...Clouds big sword?

You just nailed exactly one of the factors that made it one of the greatest games ever made, the characters, everybody likes them cuz their story is so indepth that u really start to relate to them, and when u spend 70+ hours playin a game, that matters. And i doubt they were that boring considering they r always in the top 10 game characters etc, especiilly cloud and sephiroth. Bad story? Couldn't have been that bad to spawn a movie, animated short, 3 spin off titles and a laundry list of other cameos and cross overs, not to mention the retail franchise.

And i wouldn't say that FF7 brought the RPG genre to huge popularity, the fact that it was the first major RPG set in 3-D graphics may have offered some extra interest to people who have never played the genre before, but role playin games were goin strong way before FF7 was made.

And the leveling up being tedious? Unless u power level for the end battle or emerald/ruby weapon (tough optional bosses that every RPG has), u shudnt have had a problem leveling up, there was even items in the game to to help build up ur party like gain extra EXP points and increase the random encounter rate.

Final Fantasy VII is without arguement even needed, not just one of the best RPGs ever made, but one of THE greatest games ever made.

Ihazcandy4you
10-20-2009, 03:06 AM
You just nailed exactly one of the factors that made it one of the greatest games ever made, the characters, everybody likes them cuz their story is so indepth that u really start to relate to them, and when u spend 70+ hours playin a game, that matters. And i doubt they were that boring considering they r always in the top 10 game characters etc, especiilly cloud and sephiroth. Bad story? Couldn't have been that bad to spawn a movie, animated short, 3 spin off titles and a laundry list of other cameos and cross overs, not to mention the retail franchise.

And i wouldn't say that FF7 brought the RPG genre to huge popularity, the fact that it was the first major RPG set in 3-D graphics may have offered some extra interest to people who have never played the genre before, but role playin games were goin strong way before FF7 was made.

And the leveling up being tedious? Unless u power level for the end battle or emerald/ruby weapon (tough optional bosses that every RPG has), u shudnt have had a problem leveling up, there was even items in the game to to help build up ur party like gain extra EXP points and increase the random encounter rate.

Final Fantasy VII is without arguement even needed, not just one of the best RPGs ever made, but one of THE greatest games ever made.

Using the argument "The story couldn't have been that bad because of all the spinoffs" is weak. How many movies have horrible stories but for one reason or another spawn sequels? Or even video games with weak stories (heres looking at you Halo) spawn endless books, comic books, even a movie that was in the works until Microsoft got too greedy. Yes i know that Halo is a FPS and therefore isn't supposed to have a story, I'm just saying that just because something spawns spinoffs doesn't mean it has a good story. It means that people can/will make money from it.

Nearly all the characters stay the same from beginning to end. Yeah some, Cloud and Sephiroth, find out revelations about there past but, at least for Cloud, he still stays exactly the same. Sepiroths development is interesting but his is the only one. Vincent is interesting but after one revelation his relevance to the story is over. If I said they were boring I mis-stated my opinion, most are really boring but the ones who arnt are, except for Sephiroth, pretty much one dimensional with little to no character development.

My argument is that the game is entirely over rated. With that in mind your argument that "the characters routinely place in top-10 polls" is a invalid argument because if a game is over rated then so are its main characters. Cloud is not interesting. He gets used for cameos in games because it will help them sell more. Doesn't make him in anyway more interesting.

I meant the leveling up for Materia was tedious, the actual leveling up wasn't any worse then any other RPG.

allan2kai7
10-22-2009, 11:48 AM
I guess its everyone to their own right? I personally though ff7 was fantastic, the story the chars, just everything right down to the mini games. However, back to the topic, i dont think it will be included in ff13, for reasons already mentioned.

Ihazcandy4you
10-24-2009, 11:27 AM
I completely agree, and normally I dont even bother my rant about why I dislike FF7..its probably just to make up for how over-amazing people think it is..=)

Nei Debrusc
10-24-2009, 04:16 PM
This whole thing started long before XIII was in the works. For the PS3 premier they showed a cutscene from VII, specifically the motorcycle cutscene from the early game. Ever since then people have been gossiping about some plan for a remake or other. The only reason I could see them doing that is if the game isn't backwards compatible for the PS3. I only own a 360, so I don't know for sure, but I hear they have terrible blackouts with backwards compatibility. So if they haven't done it now, they're probably not going to do it ever. My PS2 died a long time ago, but I still have the discs for VII through X, probably have X-2 lying around here somewhere. But that was just a bit of history, hypothesizing, and rambling all rolled into one. :p

Zaku77
11-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I just wanna throw my 2 cents in about why FF VII is so awesome. The game itself isn't as awesome as X when it comes to graphics and playability, but the locals, the music and my God the freaking story. Best RPG story ever, and that is what they are all about. Now think if it got remade in the style of X (My favorite for playability and design) best game evarez.

LilGurgi
11-13-2009, 08:52 PM
I doubt that FF7 would be an in game unlockable, but could it be included in the Final Fantasy "sticky pants" Collector's Edition!?!?!? Sort of like Call of Duty 1 being included in the MW2 Hardened, Prestige, and Veteran collector's editions? :p

Sorry, I'll stop before rumors start.

mrfunkyjunkie
11-14-2009, 06:49 AM
doubtful FFVII would ever hit x360 - id imagine sony would keep renewing its exclusivity to it?

> its always cool to dream though

WarGod3
11-14-2009, 07:23 AM
if it is my going to be guted as downloaded it on my PS3 for 7.99

ApochWeiss
11-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Anyone who says FFVII is a terrible game is a terrible liar. I mean, the game was very well composed, musically and with a great story, with amazing characters. I mean...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3013/2503998181_33a2c70d47.jpg

THAT but pixelated? Who could NOT love VII?! :D

xentaria
11-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Anyone who says FFVII is a terrible game is a terrible liar. I mean, the game was very well composed, musically and with a great story, with amazing characters. I mean...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3013/2503998181_33a2c70d47.jpg

THAT but pixelated? Who could NOT love VII?! :D

Amen to that brother!!

phoenix029
11-25-2009, 05:28 PM
I could imagine sony including a slightly upgraded ff7 as an incentive for ppl to buy the ps3 version as they could use it to try and relaunch the ps3 with. It would never appear on xbox but sometimes its better to keep these classics games in the past as they were and you can always play the pc version if you want to relive the experience.

Kyanite
11-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Considering that a copy of VII can go for over $50 on a good day, I don't think they're going to give it away for free.

Do you really think that Square Enix gives a damn what their games are going for on eBay? They're not profiting off of it. There was once a day when I sold my original PSOne copy of Final Fantasy Tactics for $60 on eBay. The next month, FFT hits the shelves as part of the Greatest Hits series for $19.99.

That said, I doubt that FFVII will be a freebie with FFXIII. Square Enix could make a lot of money by putting it on Xbox Live. That's the bottom line. Square Enix is a business, and businesses are supposed to make a profit by providing quality goods or services. People can whine and post (not in this thread, but elsewhere) that Microsoft, EA, Activision, and Square Enix are greedy, but they're supposed to be! They have a responsibility to be greedy.

Does all this mean that Square Enix will put FFVII on Arcade? I don't know. It's on PSN, as I have it on my PSP, so maybe Sony has some type of preemption. Maybe Square Enix just doesn't want to put it on Live. Whatever the reason, it's not there, and I wouldn't hold your breath.

TakahashiDemon
11-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Class, I hope this is true and it's it own individual game (arcade game or whatever, although I don't see how FFVII will fit into 200 points) I heard FFVIII may be coming to Live too, does anyone know if this is true or just a rumor at the moment?

CunningFox
11-25-2009, 11:32 PM
I hope it's not true.
It's much more special to get out FF7 and my PS1 and nostalge.

Takatori
12-02-2009, 10:28 AM
I just put it down to this, people who say FF7 isn't a fantastic RPG are those who never played it when it first came out and only got around to playing it within the last 5 maybe 8 years where we have had all these new high graphical RPGs come out.

Let's face it, the game is old, and the graphics are old (don't get ME wrong here, I love the game and still play it), so compared with the newer RPGs, graphics can do a lot, and people say they aren't concerned by graphics, but there are a LOT who are.

To say the characters are boring again I feel that's from someone who has played other newer RPGs before FF7 and haven't given the game a proper chance. Story and characters are just 2 of the things which make the game fantastic and make it stand out compared to so many others. FF7 is on a pedestal, and will remain there for a very very long time.

I would love for it to be an unlockable, or even available as an XBL Arcade title, but as others have said, I highly doubt it. The game is still sought after highly, and goes for high prices in auctions and the like (very much like Suikoden). So I would be very surprised if it was an unlockable or available as Arcade.

Cypher_Cobra
12-09-2009, 04:25 AM
FF7 is deffinitely one of the more ingenius games made but it isn't peerless. Metal Gear easily can slug it out with FF7.

In fact MGS4 is the only game I would say was a greater master piece than 7, took many many years for me to say a game could replace it.

xentaria
12-09-2009, 02:14 PM
FF7 is deffinitely one of the more ingenius games made but it isn't peerless. Metal Gear easily can slug it out with FF7.

In fact MGS4 is the only game I would say was a greater master piece than 7, took many many years for me to say a game could replace it.

You can't really compare a role playing game like FF to an action game like MGS, completely different ballpark

Cypher_Cobra
12-09-2009, 11:13 PM
You can't really compare a role playing game like FF to an action game like MGS, completely different ballpark

I disagree. When games get rated, only 1 can be the Game of the Year for that magazine/corp. They're compared by originality, graphics, voice acting, learning curve, etc. Those things are important to all games.

What you can't compare as easily are the more abstract aspects of the games. What's more fun? Shooting in MGS or Turn Based Strategy in FF? That's too abstract and opinionated to compare I agree. But all games are held to certain criteria.

Kaiyo
12-09-2009, 11:57 PM
FFVII is easily one of the best FFs overall.

Cypher_Cobra
12-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Well 7 did have the materia system, and 7 did have a lot of interesting characters. 7 was more raw too, that's kind of why I don't want a remake of the game, if they put in voice actors there's no way they'll have Barret spout out all his curses, they'd be too afraid of offending people.

The only way you could make 7 better would be to make it harder.