PDA

View Full Version : Guitar HO/PO Achievement question

Spade422
09-11-2009, 06:56 AM
While I already have 2 of the achievements that state "play x song on expert guitar and play all the hammer ons and pull offs without strumming", both times i got fcs so i was wondering

is it only the hammer ons and pull offs you play? or is it all the HOPOs in the song? i believe it is all of them, but i am not entirely sure. also does this include HOPO chords?

if its all of HOPO then the dig a pony achievement is just pure bullshit. but then again so is i got blisters on my fingers, so they might as well make our reach to 1000 even further

ChaosLegend
09-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Deginitely all HOPOs in the song period. Although I have a feeling you do need to fc it as well since I missed a green strum one of the times but was really sure I hit all HOPOs. Achievement didnt pop till I fced it while hitting all HOPOs without strumming though.

DrCoffeeMD
09-11-2009, 08:53 AM
It is all HOPO in the song. You dont have to 100 percent or FC it just hit those hammer ons and pulls off because thats all the achievement is asking for.

MuscularTea
09-11-2009, 12:11 PM
I played Octopus's Garden and I missed a note, I was like "NOOOO ah... my achievement :(" but I got to the end of the song the score and stuff came up and my achievement popped I missed a strum on a green/blue cord so you don't need 100% song just 100% HOPO without strumming on any of them cause my first time I strummed on of them one an FC and it didn't pop.

Tom115
09-11-2009, 09:45 PM
I don't really get what you're asking...?

is it only the hammer ons and pull offs you play? or is it all the HOPOs in the song? i believe it is all of them, but i am not entirely sure. also does this include HOPO chords?
:confused:

Spade422
09-12-2009, 07:10 AM
I don't really get what you're asking...?

:confused:

well lets say that you fc a song and dont strum any hopos. obviously, you get the achievement.

but lets say you played all the hopos you could and missed some, but didnt strum on the ones you did hit? would you still get it?

im pretty sure the answer is no though, but i just wanted to make sure because the achievement discription could be more specific.

tokiwartooth
09-12-2009, 07:23 AM
you have to hit ALL of the HO/PO notes available, including chords that are HO/POs. Also, you have to hit all of the lead in notes to those HO/POs or you will miss the HO/POs. so to sum up... you have to hit all of them, and to get them all to work you also have to play the lead in notes too. you can miss some chords here or there as long as they are not followed by HO/POs.
that being said, i love DIg a Pony, but that ACV is pissing me off.

Jeff
09-12-2009, 07:45 AM
For RB1 & 2 I've just stuck to playing vocals as well as drums. So for someone who's not familiar with HOPOs, someone care to explain in layman's terms?
Much appreciated.

Dark Umbra
09-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Hammer-Ons and Pull-Offs are the notes that you don't need to strum in order to get them. (They look thinner than regular notes). Man these achievements are hard as hell.

Shelton
09-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Don't you wish there was some kind of indication as to whether you have messed up one of the HO/PO's? I could have swore that I hit every HO/PO in Dig a Pony without strumming, yet I get to the end with 100% and no achievment! I cannot really correct what I did wrong if I have no way of knowing where I messed up!

Tom115
09-12-2009, 04:32 PM
well lets say that you fc a song and dont strum any hopos. obviously, you get the achievement.

but lets say you played all the hopos you could and missed some, but didnt strum on the ones you did hit? would you still get it?

im pretty sure the answer is no though, but i just wanted to make sure because the achievement discription could be more specific. Ah right, I see. Yeah, the answer is no. I played Dig a Pony and missed on the second to last ending trill and didn't get the achievement.

rabies
09-12-2009, 07:46 PM
I just started on this....I typically hate HO/PO as I think they are too arbitrary (I'm a real guitarist)....but decided to suck it up and practice for these achievements.

Anybody care to state their opinion on which of the 3 songs is easiest/hardest to do? I've started with dear prudence.....are the others easier? Chord HO/POs kill me...very unnatural...

Shelton
09-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Octopus' Garden is the easiest. I haven't really played Dear Prudence so I'm not too sure about that one. Dig a Pony is very doable, but it has an annoying outro where it is quite easy to mess up. It has a fair amount of chord HO/PO's so I'd suggest you do it last if you struggle with them.

Tom115
09-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Agreed, Octopus's Garden is the easiest by far, intro is the hardest part of that song so get that down and you're sorted. Dear Prudence is relatively simple, I got it second try I think. Dig a Pony is a bastard though. Took me about 2 hours of restarting constantly.

DrCoffeeMD
09-13-2009, 03:17 AM
Octopus' Garden intro is hardest yeah and then its all the same and easy but I go into Auto-Pilot and screw up
Dear Prudence is very easy
Dig a Pony is an asshole though

Dulahey
09-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Has anybody actually gotten the Dig a Pony achievement? I've FC'd it without strumming any HOPO's 3 times now and it's really getting on my nerves.

Son of Kyuss
09-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Has anybody actually gotten the Dig a Pony achievement? I've FC'd it without strumming any HOPO's 3 times now and it's really getting on my nerves.

I've gotten it. Are you sure you're not strumming a HO/PO somewhere in the song? The one that I think gets people is the single Green hammer-on right after a chord somewhere towards the end of the song.

Dulahey
09-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah, that's what I figured I was doing. I've really tried to pay attention though and really don't know which I'm accidentally hitting. I know about the one you're talking about too. Oh well, back to trying I guess.

Dulahey
09-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Finally got it.

On my 7th "perfect" run I finally caught myself strumming the first note of the very last trill. 8th run finally popped achieve >.<

Dudenfresh
04-29-2010, 08:12 PM
I ALMOST got the Octupus' Garden achievement...ALMOST. I was so damn close in the last verse and I screw up.

So help me, I'll smash this game in one developer's face for making frustrating hammer ons in that song.

Dudenfresh
05-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I ALMOST got the Octupus' Garden achievement...ALMOST. I was so damn close in the last verse and I screw up.

So help me, I'll smash this game in one developer's face for making frustrating hammer ons in that song.

No wait, forget that. I hate playing Dear Prudence!

I ALMOST got it in the end but then I screwed up.

I'm not gonna ruin my fingers again.

Dudenfresh
05-02-2010, 02:52 PM
No wait, forget that. I hate playing Dear Prudence!

I ALMOST got it in the end but then I screwed up.

I'm not gonna ruin my fingers again.

I hate getting the Dear Prudence achievement, it's not even funny.

For god's sake, I had to restart over and over again just to get through the same 5 to 6 hammer ons in the intro. This sucks! :mad:

Shelton
05-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Dude, why are you having a conversation with yourself? Use the edit button.

Dudenfresh
05-03-2010, 02:21 AM
I hate getting the Dear Prudence achievement, it's not even funny.

For god's sake, I had to restart over and over again just to get through the same 5 to 6 hammer ons in the intro. This sucks! :mad:

I take what I said back about Octopus' Garden and Dear Prudence. I now have both of the achievements.

That is all.

Dudenfresh
05-29-2010, 06:31 PM
'Pick A Moon Dog' doesn't deserve to be an achievement, this is why 'bots' were made in the first place.

The Jzzler
06-05-2010, 11:33 PM
I've gotten the Octopus and Prudence, and just started trying Pick a Moon Dog. Looks tough. That crap at the end gets me every time. It takes me days to get most of these, cause after trying and failing maybe 5 times, i just start to get frustrated and then screw up where I shouldn't.

What's really annoying me about the achievements in this game are that I can't seem to get the solos in Taxman and Hard Days Night to 85%... which means i can't get that one requiring expert golds on Taxman either. Grr...