PDA

View Full Version : why not make at least part 2 online co-op?

RoyallFreshness
09-11-2009, 12:50 PM
co-op, not utilizing xbox live, but available on xbl marketplace, AND its a co-op based game. this makes no sense to me:confused:, just like kane and lynch. picked up k and l case at game store on release day, read specs on back, local co-op only, set case back down shaking my head. only reason i pay for watchmen is because im a fan of characters and story, and good beat em-ups.

minh2
09-15-2009, 06:02 AM
co-op, not utilizing xbox live, but available on xbl marketplace, AND its a co-op based game. this makes no sense to me:confused:, just like kane and lynch. picked up k and l case at game store on release day, read specs on back, local co-op only, set case back down shaking my head. only reason i pay for watchmen is because im a fan of characters and story, and good beat em-ups.

I think I heard Part 2 was made right after Part 1 or even at the same time.

Prior to Part 2's release on XBL Marketplace, it was released in a Retail Version that included both Part 1 and Part 2.

So despite the big interval between Part 1 and Part2's release on XBL Market, they were actually developped at the same time, probably released a few months from each other for marketing purposes (my theory; releasing Part 1, which was great; wait a few months, annonce Part 2 to re-create the hype and release. Releasing both at same time would destroy the long term appeal as both game doesn't have much replay value)

so since both games were developped almost at same time, they actually only create new stages for Part 2 and changed some background as the rest is exactly the same (characters models, combos, and most enemies have the same models)

I felt like the Part 2 was a quickie done

RoyallFreshness
09-15-2009, 06:53 AM
agreed. still though, why any company releases a game without utilizing the best online community in the gaming industry, thus up-ing its replay value and money worth, almost endlessly to the fans especially, is beyond me.