PDA

View Full Version : Please post only verified update on patching the glitch

Gooseboxer
09-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Lets please try to keep this thread only for those who have divine knowledge of when a patch is due for release to fix the freeze glitches that everyone experiences.

Gooseboxer
09-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Can someone sticky this so it is always up top for easy reference?

Angel Fire 42
09-12-2009, 01:31 PM
There are so many rumors out there. Some say there will be no patch and those who swear there will be a patch. I was able to do the work around but would be so much faster if one could collect shit in Middletown and Downtown as you find them.

SR x FUZiON
09-12-2009, 07:10 PM
on the official forums peter sokal i think is his name said they are working on a patch. He should know he's the one who created it i think.....

MissusCT
09-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Can someone sticky this so it is always up top for easy reference?

sticky what theres no info in the thread

Nevander
09-12-2009, 10:11 PM
I doubt there will be one, I mean there's a way around it, and I doubt that id would spend money to make a patch for something that can be avoided anyway when they could spend it on a new game or something.

C Fresh
09-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Sorry, but what glitch? I did not run into any freezing throughout my game. Well, there were times when it seemed to freeze but was just loading and would be fine after 10 seconds. Nothing that stopped progress.

Edit: So I read about peoples problems, although on internet forums it always seems to be a little blown out of proportion. Oh and they did not lay the entire staff off from Raven, just a good chunk of them. From working at developers I can tell you a patch does not take the entire team, and that is fairly normal towards the end of a project. Especially with nothing else coming down the pipe soon.

Trash Man
09-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Sorry, but what glitch? I did not run into any freezing throughout my game. Well, there were times when it seemed to freeze but was just loading and would be fine after 10 seconds. Nothing that stopped progress.

The freezing bug, I don't like the word glitch, seems to only affect people that have replayed missions during the game. I went through the whole game without replaying a mission and also never suffered a single freeze. It does seem however that if you do replay a mission there is a very high chance of getting the bug at some point later in the game.

Com_Raven
09-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Peter Sokal is id's community manager, so if he says there will be a patch - there should be one :)

Trash Man
09-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Peter Sokal is id's community manager, so if he says there will be a patch - there should be one :)

Has he said that there will be a patch?