PDA

View Full Version : For those who have played it - How is it?

xhunterrrr
09-11-2009, 03:40 PM
So I have looked at the X360a review and the IGN review, and they both gave it pretty mediocre reviews, but it LOOKS fun. So for people who have spent a decent amount of time playing it, how is it? Do the reviews give it fair justice, or is it one of those games that will be underrated, but is actually quite a fun game to play?

Also, how is getting 1000/1000? A lot of the achievements look very straight-forward and pretty simple to get. I know there are a lot of collectables, but I plan on using some sort of guide/spending a lot of time making sure to check everywhere. Is über difficulty actually ÜBER difficult? Lol.

I am just looking for a fun game to play that would be nice to get 1000G or close to it without wanting to smash my head against the wall along with my Xbox, but fun is a higher priority. I've never played any past Wolfenstein games, if that is something to take into consideration. Thanks for any advice/tips/info/suggestions/etc.

rockoss
09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Let's see, where to begin...

This game is at best a rental. I wouldn't even bother doing that after playing it. It has game breaking bugs everywhere. Single player freezes if you play it "wrong" (see the various other threads). Multiplayer has random rank reset bugs (see the various other threads). Until this is all patched up, which it probably won't even be seeing as most of the dev team was let go on release, its garbage.

I will say that I did enjoy single player when it was working. Although near the end when I got the freeze bug my fun ended. The second time I had to play through using guides etc to ensure I didn't miss anything because if I did it would freeze again. Sad...

xhunterrrr
09-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Let's see, where to begin...

This game is at best a rental. I wouldn't even bother doing that after playing it. It has game breaking bugs everywhere. Single player freezes if you play it "wrong" (see the various other threads). Multiplayer has random rank reset bugs (see the various other threads). Until this is all patched up, which it probably won't even be seeing as most of the dev team was let go on release, its garbage.

I will say that I did enjoy single player when it was working. Although near the end when I got the freeze bug my fun ended. The second time I had to play through using guides etc to ensure I didn't miss anything because if I did it would freeze again. Sad...

Soooo.... I probably shouldn't get it? Darn. It looked fun. Too bad to hear about so many glitches/bugs/problems.

XFistsClenchedX
09-12-2009, 01:35 AM
I beat the game twice and I thought the single player game was fun as hell. The story is so so. I didn't really pay much attention to it, but the single player is classic, old school FPS fun! The online gameplay would be fun if the lag gets patched. I think if the online gets patched the game is worth buying. If it doesn't, then its just a rental. Either way, it's a great game and you'll enjoy playing it. My game froze one time in single player. That was the only bug or issue that I had. There aren't nearly as many bugs as some people might lead you to think. I had the game for a couple weeks and had only that one crash. Wolfenstein was a big surprise for me. My expectations were low before playing it but I really enjoyed the game. I'm getting the game again from gamerang.com on monday.

rockoss
09-12-2009, 01:45 AM
Soooo.... I probably shouldn't get it? Darn. It looked fun. Too bad to hear about so many glitches/bugs/problems.

There is no doubt that the single player is fun. Even the multi is fun when its not lagging. The bugs are the only thing that kill the game. And although some have played the game with no ill effects, most reach game breaking glitches.

If you played the game and only froze once then you are one of the lucky few. The freezing is definitely as bad as everyone else makes it out to be. I had to restart my game after reaching the airfield because no matter what I did after loading my games after the castle it would freeze. The multiplayer rank resets are horrible.

The biggest problem with the game is there is likely to be no support. The dev team was let go after release and they have no incentive to patch anything. If they patch the problems and fix it, it may be worth playing. In that case though... you may as well wait until after they release a patch before playing.

xhunterrrr
09-12-2009, 04:21 AM
Thanks for the info. I will keep tabs on the patch to see if one comes.

Have people figured out ways to avoid this horrid freezes?

rockoss
09-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I will keep tabs on the patch to see if one comes.

Have people figured out ways to avoid this horrid freezes?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=171358

This worked for myself and others. However, I really found no enjoyment playing the game pausing every 30 seconds while watching a youtube video to ensure that I did not miss anything.

C Fresh
09-13-2009, 10:49 PM
I guess people hit the bugs when collecting stuff. If you are the type that wants the full 1000 then that may be a problem. If on the other hand you are the type that actually enjoys playing games, but doesn't have to have 1000 in everything then it is good. I really enjoyed the SP campaign (with no issues by the way, and not following any guide on how to get by things) and MP is fun but just ok. For me nothing is really going to take my MP time away from CoD, Halo, L4D, or 1943, but SP is worth playing.

Trash Man
09-14-2009, 07:25 AM
I actually think it's a very good single player game and only let down by the multiplayer side of things. This could be sorted out with a couple of patches to fix the many bugs that are currently in the there.

If you can find a decent server without any lag then the MP becomes rather enjoyable as well. At the moment I have only 5 achievements left to get but I really can't be bothered to keep trying to avoid the money bug, I've wasted a lot of time on it already. If there is a patch I will come back to this and finish off my remaining achievements.

xhunterrrr
09-14-2009, 11:40 PM
So, the consensus seems to be the game is enjoyable to play until you hit a bug. And there seems to be work-around for the major bug in the SP. I may just invest in this game. Thanks for the info! Maybe I will see y'all online!

daninthemix
09-15-2009, 08:00 AM
I think the single player is very good, but then I didn't have any glitches.

TH3 eNINJA
09-21-2009, 05:38 AM
I'm actually surprised to see so many 'above average' reviews of this game.

Personally, I think it's garbage all around. The SP campaign is bearable (I didn't experience freezing during my sole playthrough) but could stand to be touched up. In the face of SP campaigns such as the COD franchise and Halo, this one hardly stands up to the competition. Hell, it's not even similar to the original game concept.

As for the MP. Oh. My. God. Talk about horrendous. First of all, why are the graphics so much lower quality in MP than in SP? No other game I play frequently seems to have that issue. Then you have the player booting problems, which makes it extremely difficult to get achievements without boosting when you're constantly being kicked or the host is quitting. I have a real problem with games that penalize players for loosing their connection or being booted. And the lag. Anyone else get the random 3rd person view where all you can do is look at your feet, move a bit and jump?

The gameplay is choppy. There is a limited selection of weapons and classes to choose from. Then add in the fact that the game also penalizes players for being new. Veteran players have flak jackets and big bore ammunition unlocked while newbs are forced to get pwned countless times over in hopes of maybe ranking up eventually if they stick with it. I could go on forever about this travesty of gaming, but I won't.

I've been forcing myself to play just to get a fair amount of points on this game so I can feel better about it when I trade it in on ODST tonight. At 500, I don't think I'm gonna waste anymore of my time.

IMHO, this game is a steaming heap of canine excrement.

xhunterrrr
09-21-2009, 05:41 AM
I've actually had the quite opposite for MP. No lag, a lot of fun, no randomly being kicked. Sorry your MP experience is so poor. :(