PDA

View Full Version : Caged animal revisited question

Dead Herb
09-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Ive finished the game and revisited the first castle which on my first run I found all 19 but didnt get the jiros so I check my stats at the start of the level and "0 of 19 caged animals found" does this mean even if you find all the animals in 1 stage and complete it you have to do them every time you revisit a level?

Dead Herb
09-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Ok so Ive just run through the 2nd level to test the theory with 16 caged animals got all 16 then retried the same level and the numbers reset 0 of 16 Ive not changed difficulty either Im thinking the only way to get the caged animals it seems is in 1 run:?
Or does it log the fact you got all of em on whatever stage tho not visible if you revisit the level~this achieve seems sketchy

Marriott
09-12-2009, 05:39 PM
I've read somewhere that if you get all animals on one stage the game "knows" you got them all. However if you miss even one you need to free all animals on that stage again, not just the one(s) you missed, to make it count. Not 100% sure about this though.

Dead Herb
09-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Pretty fucked up if thats the case it should keep the complete number there if you find them all on a stage Im gonna replay the levels again 1 after another and see if it pings

Exelon
09-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Every time you revisit a lvl your animal count gets reset to 0, simple as that, so you have to catch them again, try not to revisit lvls you already know you catch everything

Dead Herb
09-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Well I replayed each level except the first and boss levels collecting every animal as I was going along and it pinged on the very last animal so just replaying 1 level after another seems to work + I did notice that you get a little save icon appear in the top left after completing a level so it must save what youve done tho you cant see the animal progress if you revisit the level.

Ooyah
09-21-2009, 07:40 AM
I am really terribly confused about this.

I went through on medium, finding all of the animals on all of the levels except Dark Castle, and *one* other. I replayed Dark Castle, found all of the animals. So then I started replaying other levels which I thought might be the one that I missed one animal on, but nothing. And then I got pissed off, and replayed every level on hard, just rushing through. So I finished most of those levels with 0 animals.

Now then... will those 0 animals have overwritten my previous animals counts? Forgive me if I am being thick, but from reading through the posts here, I just can't figure out if I still need to do just one level (whichever one it is), or if I will now need to find the animals again on all levels because of my hard speed run.

This game really needs a statistics page!!! I'm missing that damn Futo Time achievement, too...

IceKingz
09-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Wow, I just ranthrough this game on Hard getting all Jizo statues and (from what I thought) all animals. But no, the animal friend doesn't unlock at the end... All I could do is stare at the TV and yell "REALLY?!?" For the most part I'm pretty sure I collected every animal on EVERY stage which is why I'm completely lost on where I should even start. I think I may start at Final Approach and work my way down since I am 100% sure I got every animal on Living Castle (and one less level of those speed guys is good enough for me).

Anyone want to suggest levels with VERY well hidden animals? I know I'm done with Night Castle cause I remember running back and finding 3 hidden somewhere and that pesky one in the middle of a wall.

Edit: WHAT LUCK!! I started on Final Approach and after rushing through in only about 2 minutes I didn't get it. Thinking back I decided to try the Great Canyon level seeing as after I had gotten the stealth achievement, I went back and remember speeding through it to get the Jizo's. I was sure I got the animals but I tried it anyways and sure enough, achievement unlocked!

Wii187
09-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Wow, I just ranthrough this game on Hard getting all Jizo statues and (from what I thought) all animals. But no, the animal friend doesn't unlock at the end... All I could do is stare at the TV and yell "REALLY?!?" For the most part I'm pretty sure I collected every animal on EVERY stage which is why I'm completely lost on where I should even start. I think I may start at Final Approach and work my way down since I am 100% sure I got every animal on Living Castle (and one less level of those speed guys is good enough for me).

Anyone want to suggest levels with VERY well hidden animals? I know I'm done with Night Castle cause I remember running back and finding 3 hidden somewhere and that pesky one in the middle of a wall.

Edit: WHAT LUCK!! I started on Final Approach and after rushing through in only about 2 minutes I didn't get it. Thinking back I decided to try the Great Canyon level seeing as after I had gotten the stealth achievement, I went back and remember speeding through it to get the Jizo's. I was sure I got the animals but I tried it anyways and sure enough, achievement unlocked!

I'm 100% certain I didn't miss any animals. My only suspect on why it didn't unlock was when I replayed the canyon stage and didn't get anything on the replay (for Silent Assas).

pizzabit
09-30-2009, 04:33 AM
I'm 100% certain I didn't miss any animals. My only suspect on why it didn't unlock was when I replayed the canyon stage and didn't get anything on the replay (for Silent Assas).

Yes, as stupid as it is. This game only keep track of your ninja spells & jizo statues. Animals are always reset whenever you replay a level, even if you have rescue every single one of them in the last round.

So the best suggestion is to make sure you don't replay a level until you fully completed the game.

Another reason might be that after rescuing the animals, you died along the way without saving on checkpoints. If i didn't recall wrongly, the game remembers the statue that you picked up before you die but not the animals that you rescued.

Wii187
10-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Yes, as stupid as it is. This game only keep track of your ninja spells & jizo statues. Animals are always reset whenever you replay a level, even if you have rescue every single one of them in the last round.

So the best suggestion is to make sure you don't replay a level until you fully completed the game.

Another reason might be that after rescuing the animals, you died along the way without saving on checkpoints. If i didn't recall wrongly, the game remembers the statue that you picked up before you die but not the animals that you rescued.

Yup. Replayed the Canyon level and it unlocked right away once I freed the last animal on that stage. Wicelow mentioned it in a post in the guide thread.