PDA

View Full Version : Old School Hunter Won't Unlock

sanger
09-13-2009, 01:47 AM
I've killed more than 20 animals without using the scope. Just LT and then RT. Sometimes LT and then Breath (LB) and then RT. The achievement still has not unlocked for me. Does it have to be done with a specific weapon like the rifle or the handgun? I know that I have not killed 10 with a single type of weapon.

The achievement for shooting 10 from the hip popped very easily for me, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong here :(

FeJ
09-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Are you sure youre killing "big game" animals? I believe Elk, Caribou & Moose are big game animals, killing deer and other small animals wont work.

Im actually having problems with the Turkey hunt & Opportunity hunt achievements unlocking. I guess im going to have to go through story mode a third time.

sanger
09-13-2009, 02:30 AM
Thanks. I was killing the birds and squirrels and such using Iron Sights which I guess was the problem. I just completed the Alaska hunt with the bow at the end and the achievement finally unlocked.

Nascar48
12-11-2009, 08:51 PM
How do you use iron sights I can't figure it out.

Is it pretty much just no scoping the deer?

Thanks.

kestrel
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
How do you use iron sights I can't figure it out.

Is it pretty much just no scoping the deer?

Thanks.

Press left on your d-pad :dleft:. This will take the scope off and leave you with the iron sights of the gun.

peppersken
03-25-2011, 02:50 AM
I used the same technique for this as I did the 'integrity' achievement. Hunt albino mule deer and they will always be somewhat close to the lake as long as you dont spook them. This achievement can be combined with the Integrity if you get close enough and one shot kill them with muzzleloader, with the sniper off.