PDA

View Full Version : Hulk in game or exclusive?

Subion
09-13-2009, 08:02 AM
I heard the Hulk was going to be in all of the games. But in the new Best Buy ad that just came online a coulpe of hours ago it says this:

Available Tuesday, Exclusive in-game downloadable Hulk character with purchase of X360 or PS3.

It is on page 18 of the ad. Does anybody know anything about this? I like the Hulk but I got the game at Gamestop so I can get Juggernaught. I might have to cancel if he is an exclusive at Best Buy.

Freshmaker
09-13-2009, 08:47 AM
I heard the Hulk was going to be in all of the games. But in the new Best Buy ad that just came online a coulpe of hours ago it says this:

Available Tuesday, Exclusive in-game downloadable Hulk character with purchase of X360 or PS3.

It is on page 18 of the ad. Does anybody know anything about this? I like the Hulk but I got the game at Gamestop so I can get Juggernaught. I might have to cancel if he is an exclusive at Best Buy.

Have no fear I have your answer, what they are saying is the same as Game Crazy, Hulk is an in-game unlock code if you purchase at best buy, as is Thor for Purchasing at Game Crazy, so you need not worry, as for Juggs he is not in-game but I recently found out he will be DLC later this year, possibly in the near future, this was just another scam that Gamestop pulled to get sales up, their first being that you get Joker as playable in every console when you pre-order but was only for PS3.

Devil Sora
09-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Hmm thats interesting thanks for answering my question lol, they aren't going to charge people 160MP though right? Thats highway robbery if they do that for ONE CHARACTER

mortikia
09-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Stick with gamestop to get Jugg, Hulk becomes available in the game so you will unlock him eventually, then im pretty sure you can use him right off the bat on your next playthrough.

Subion
09-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Have no fear I have your answer, what they are saying is the same as Game Crazy, Hulk is an in-game unlock code if you purchase at best buy, as is Thor for Purchasing at Game Crazy, so you need not worry, as for Juggs he is not in-game but I recently found out he will be DLC later this year, possibly in the near future, this was just another scam that Gamestop pulled to get sales up, their first being that you get Joker as playable in every console when you pre-order but was only for PS3.

Thanks for the info. I saw that last night and I was confused.

I never heard about that Joker deal with Gamestop. All of the ones around here were saying he was a PS3 exclusive since the game was first announced.

160MP though right? Thats highway robbery if they do that for ONE CHARACTER

It's been done before.
Spider-man 3 had PS3 Exclusive New Goblin. he came to marketplace for 240 MP
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel had an Gamestop exclusive where you get a Carrier Imp he is on marketplace for 240 MP
Soulcalibur PS3 Verison had Vader he is now on the marketplace for 400 MP

So 160 MP would actually be a good deal compared to the past.

Rod.Oracheski
09-14-2009, 01:55 AM
Both the Hulk and Thor can be seen on the character select screen - black outlines like other unlockables. If the only way to unlock them is to buy them, that's inexcusable.

Freshmaker
09-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I saw that last night and I was confused.

I never heard about that Joker deal with Gamestop. All of the ones around here were saying he was a PS3 exclusive since the game was first announced.

It's been done before.
Spider-man 3 had PS3 Exclusive New Goblin. he came to marketplace for 240 MP
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel had an Gamestop exclusive where you get a Carrier Imp he is on marketplace for 240 MP
Soulcalibur PS3 Verison had Vader he is now on the marketplace for 400 MP

So 160 MP would actually be a good deal compared to the past.

Yeah well Game stop told me this and I thought about it and I had to play a game with the manager called who knows more, point being Game stop workers aren't very knowledgeable, not to mention I heard the Joker thing from Game Crazy that's how I knew he was only PS3.

Freshmaker
09-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Hmm thats interesting thanks for answering my question lol, they aren't going to charge people 160MP though right? Thats highway robbery if they do that for ONE CHARACTER

I highly doubt it, in fact you are right it would be highway robbery, showing a character off on the cover then releasing him only to be bought on the marketplace, I have seen Microsoft do some shady stuff (I.E. Left 4 Dead's Upcoming pack) but I really doubt that is true I am 99.99% sure on this that Thor and Hulk are in game, Juggs is just not on disk he must be implemented to the game, also I think Juggs might end up becoming DLC anyways since Game Stop hasn't bought exclusive rights he may become DLC along wiht others.

bangem
09-14-2009, 07:30 PM
there are 3 unlockable charatcers ingame Thor , Jean Gray, and Hulk
u need to find collectables for them in game theres 30 total but all u need is 5 for each character (HULK is the Gamma Regulators)

Danteveli
09-14-2009, 07:58 PM
You have to find items on levels to unlock jean, hulk and thor after that you can use them from the moment you find fifth collectible item of that type.

KamikazeQ
09-14-2009, 10:42 PM

Ironically the Joker DLC was advertised by Gamestop in an attempt to sell preorders but the DLC was actually made available for free to all PS3 users via the Sony Store before the game was released. Thus you didn't need to buy the game form Gamestop to play as the Joker on PS3.

SuperWoody64
09-15-2009, 03:20 AM
Gamestop never said the joker maps were exclusive, they were advertising their existence though. Most people around my neck of the woods wouldn't even look unless you tell them to go and get it. (I live around a bunch of idiots)

Off topic:
What did MS do that's shady with the new L4D1 DLC? Charging? They're charging to host it, Valve doesn't run the Live marketplace like they do steam...

Freshmaker
09-15-2009, 05:56 AM
Ironically the Joker DLC was advertised by Gamestop in an attempt to sell preorders but the DLC was actually made available for free to all PS3 users via the Sony Store before the game was released. Thus you didn't need to buy the game form Gamestop to play as the Joker on PS3.

I know this but I was saying that they tried using that tick on people guaranteeing them that they would receive Joker if they pre-ordered from their store.

Freshmaker
09-15-2009, 05:58 AM
Gamestop never said the joker maps were exclusive, they were advertising their existence though. Most people around my neck of the woods wouldn't even look unless you tell them to go and get it. (I live around a bunch of idiots)

Off topic:
What did MS do that's shady with the new L4D1 DLC? Charging? They're charging to host it, Valve doesn't run the Live marketplace like they do steam...

I can think of another, when Rainbow Six Vegas came out wit a downloadable map map once loong ago when the game released it was 1600, next day after it was free then on out.

MalikGowon
09-15-2009, 09:06 AM
I don't know where the other 2 gamma regulators are? Any tips on where I can find them?

KamikazeQ
09-27-2009, 11:56 PM
I know this but I was saying that they tried using that tick on people guaranteeing them that they would receive Joker if they pre-ordered from their store.

Well Gamestop is no different than any other company when it comes down to exploiting consumer ignorance. COnsumers have to read between the lines and learn to research things themselves elsewise they will continue to fall for advertising ploys.

What bothers me still is the fact that the Gamestop ads advertised the code as unlocking Juggs not giving you access to download him. Can anyone on here with Juggs confirm the size of the download? I'm just curious as to whether the code gave you access to new download data or did you download nothing more than an unlock code. Similar to the simulation rooms for Wolverine Orgins. Anyone that preordered that from Gamestop got a free code to download the unlock code for it. Then a month later they sold the unlock code on live for 800 ms points. Which is insane because I'll be damned if Im gonna pay 800 points for disk content and no extra achievements lol.