PDA

View Full Version : how to use the animal calls?

wabashdude
09-13-2009, 06:33 PM
hello all, sorry for the double posting of the same question, but i feel it it would be more suited in its own thread rather than hijacking a different one. but currently i am having problems with the animal calls, but only the ones that require the rotating of the joysticks. mainly the turkey ones, and the elk so thus far. what i do is i bring up the instructions via LB and it states to move the right stick in a clockwise fashion. so i click the right trigger to initiate the call, then rotate the right stick as it states, but it fails every time. i've only been able to successfully use the call about 2 times i believe and it was out of pure luck.

i dont know if im just not rotating it far enough (i've tried full circles, partial circles as the instructions state, clicking the RS while rotating, hold the RS down while rotating) and it still doesnt work.

so if anyone could please explain to me an easier way, or the proper way of using the elk call i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Mr Arrow
09-13-2009, 09:30 PM
so if anyone could please explain to me an easier way, or the proper way of using the elk call i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

The trick is to rotate until you get a green check mark, usually 2-3 turns.

I was also confused with the diagram as it show a 1/2 to 3/4 turn. After I started turning like mad I got a good call and it was worked everytime since.

Good luck.

wabashdude
09-14-2009, 01:50 AM
thanks, ill give this ago when i get home and let you know how it pans out for me.

wabashdude
09-14-2009, 09:39 PM
thanks for the tip. it worked perfectly now just have to find that stupid 38 lbs trout.