PDA

View Full Version : male Roosevelt Elk Trophy Legend

pts100
02-02-2007, 01:09 AM
hi all..

any tips on this???

the level is the extra hunt 2 in southeastern

hunt from more than 60 yards

i have tried going north but i cannot seem to get a shot at the trophy ledgend from anywhere

as for the advice in the guide it says to take your shot from the bank after you cross the river on the logs...its over 100 yards and i have no drop shot and on finally hitting one it was not the trophy ledgend..

if anyone has got this reward well done...and if you could let me know how i would be gratefull

many thanks pts100

any info on the best rifle/scope for this???

pts100
02-02-2007, 09:24 PM
not to worry sorted it

i will post detailed instrutions soon

pts100
02-02-2007, 09:37 PM
hi guys..

re last post..

to get this trophy as already advised on the walkthrough you can cross the 1st set of logs and then stay close to the bank

move to the east so you are in line with the hill in front of you ( there is a clearing beteen the trees )

if you have moved to far from the bank the trophy will not walk past it will take less than a minute for it to show so if it does not you will need to restart..

as for the rifle/scope i used the .375 and the premium scope

the shot>>> you need to aim to about halfway up the tree to the right and a little left from the trunk this will hit the centre of the small clearing..you will see the legend it is the 1st one and often the only one that walks near or through the clearing..

take a restart or two to line up your shot and adjust a little every time to hit your target..

the target will be in the same place every time so its just down to you to adjust and if needed restart..

please note ...you cannnot take a shot as you enter the level to check your aim as if you do the trophy will not walk past the small clearing...you have to work out the shot and restart..( it only takes a few seconds )

i hope this helps it would of helped me

pts100

bdg7884
03-23-2007, 06:08 AM
hi guys..

re last post..

to get this trophy as already advised on the walkthrough you can cross the 1st set of logs and then stay close to the bank

move to the east so you are in line with the hill in front of you ( there is a clearing beteen the trees )

if you have moved to far from the bank the trophy will not walk past it will take less than a minute for it to show so if it does not you will need to restart..

the shot>>> you need to aim to about halfway up the tree to the right and a little left from the trunk this will hit the centre of the small clearing..you will see the legend it is the 1st one and often the only one that walks near or through the clearing..

take a restart or two to line up your shot and adjust a little every time to hit your target..

the target will be in the same place every time so its just down to you to adjust and if needed restart..

please note ...you cannnot take a shot as you enter the level to check your aim as if you do the trophy will not walk past the small clearing...you have to work out the shot and restart..( it only takes a few seconds )

pts100
Thanks for the tip man!!! It worked like a charm! Everytime I would take a shot it was way off, or the damn thing would charge me before I could drop him from 60 yards. So I took your advice and picked up the .375 and it took me two tries and BOOM headshot from exactly 100 yards! I was pretty stoked considering I only needed 60 yards. Just thought I would share my experience and let others know that this tip works great!

PaleGringo
04-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Awesome job on this one, guys. I was getting frustrated because I couldn't keep the damn elk at 60 yards. I was even temppted to bring in the 22mag pistol, shoot it a couple times as it charges me, and then back off to 60 yards. This method was a whole lot less frustrating once I figured out which hill to look at :p

Abunai Aite
05-04-2007, 11:43 AM
worked like a charm

chewy
06-02-2007, 01:17 PM
This worked well. The only suggestion I would add is that you use the muzzleloader as it is the most accurate at long distances. This allows you to not have to aim so far to the right to make a hit. Good luck.

goothgone
08-05-2007, 01:16 AM
good :uzi:103 yards

xDMWx Burgess
07-24-2008, 06:08 PM
hi guys..

re last post..

pts100
This took me awhile to figure out where the Elk was at but you can zoom right from the beginning, just turn west and look across the logs, and watch him walk into the area from the spawn point. You can actually shoot him from there I just tested it 138 yards. I got him at 116 yards when I first moved just across the logs to get a clearer shot.

secrett
08-25-2008, 01:17 PM
great tip
got it first time

Paul Broughton
01-08-2009, 09:26 PM
[quote=pts100;177919]hi guys..

re last post..

Thanks for this post as it saved me a lot of time. Had to keep restarting though as i'd always miss so i changed to the 243 pump rifle and it was more accurate for me using the scope.
The tag was always there though so it was just a matter of time before i planted one in its face!!!

Obtained the full 1000 now :Bounce:

sanger
06-14-2009, 03:20 AM
This took me awhile to figure out where the Elk was at but you can zoom right from the beginning, just turn west and look across the logs, and watch him walk into the area from the spawn point. You can actually shoot him from there I just tested it 138 yards. I got him at 116 yards when I first moved just across the logs to get a clearer shot.

Thanks for the tip I got this kill in about 2 minutes. So, I created a video for this method to make it even easier to understand for everyone.

YouTube - Cabela's Alaskan Adventures (XBOX 360) Sitka Special Hunt 2

I also made a video of Special Hunt 1 in Sitka (just for fun):

YouTube - Cabela's Alaskan Adventures (Xbox 360) Sitka Special Hunt 1

Hope this helps!

St Tony 22
09-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Amazing!!! Exactly how it was described and shown in the video. Thanks!!!